• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice on training my Lab

004(1).JPG

Snow dog.

He comes from a field trial line.
Unfortunately I have no access to quail or duck hunting at this time,
Sad for us both.

He is a brite and energetic companion dog, a convincing gaurd dog and at times a pillow for grandkids.

We work on commands and retrives and can transition to game as soon as I get access.

He was playing in the snow running at top speed till he hit an ice patch and busted his butt.

Last edited:
One thing about different breeds is that they all show that they are at or above threshold differently. I think that is one reason why people assume labs are so "high energy." Because when they are above threshold they are bounding messes of slobber. On the other hand, when a kelpie or border collie gets above threshold, they tend to go internal, crouch down, shake and stare. Heelers bite. That is just what they are. Good things to know before you choose a dog, and also to know when you are trying to figure out where your dog is. It is really difficult to control a dog that is already above his threshold, so work on keeping him below it, and as you do, his threshold will probably rise and you can add a bit more pressure.

This Bernedoodle we adopted after losing our lab is going to be a great retriever. She fetches thing as far away as 50 yards. She's learning hand directions too. I never knew this breed would be such an outside dog.

This Bernedoodle we adopted after losing our lab is going to be a great retriever. She fetches thing as far away as 50 yards. She's learning hand directions too. I never knew this breed would be such an outside dog.
Poofterness aside, poodles, especially standards are really impressive dogs.