• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AeroPress coffee

Question for the coffee experts here, are the 100.00 ish burr grinders decent or is it worth spending more?

For a guy who loves a good cup of coffee but also enjoys the shit hotels and truck stops serve up at 4:00 am.
Definitely . Baratza encore is probably best bang for the buck.

Reactions: Ckleeves
Question for the coffee experts here, are the 100.00 ish burr grinders decent or is it worth spending more?

For a guy who loves a good cup of coffee but also enjoys the shit hotels and truck stops serve up at 4:00 am.
You can get good decent manual grinder for that money. Check 1Zpressor or even a cheaper Timemore.

Dumb question. Are the recipes we are all used to simply doubled with the XL? Does the time change?

Should be fun to play with and find out.
If the volume has literally exactly doubled, then yes, the recipes should be scaleable by double as well.

The important bit is to keep your coffee:water ratio the same.

I don't believe the timing would change, no.

Aero Press XL in your future?

There is a method for getting a larger cup of coffee on you tube. Been using it and am very satisfied.
Just keep water coffee ratio correct and you are golden.
Aeropress ++++

If the volume has literally exactly doubled, then yes, the recipes should be scaleable by double as well.

The important bit is to keep your coffee:water ratio the same.

I don't believe the timing would change, no.

Aero Press XL in your future?
I could see it changing depending on bore and stroke of the new press.

I likely will grab one next time I stop by REI.