• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI 338 mag internal length????

Cross C

Sergeant
Minuteman
I've been searching with no luck, with the 338 magazines anyway, for the maximum internal magazine length for the 338 Lapua version of the Badger M5 Detachable mags. Will the Badger also fit with a Stiller TAC 300 action with proper inletting in the stock? I am asking this not to run a LM in the Tac 300 but to possibly run a 338 Edge, and I've got to be able to run the bullet out to around 3.75 or longer maybe, to run the 300gr SMK.

Thanks in advance

Re: AI 338 mag internal length????

I have the AIAWSM 338 LM. The mag length is slightly around 3.600". I believe AICS L/A also uses the same mag.

The current ID of the .338 magazine is 3.65". The AICS and Badger Ordnance M5 series utilizes the same magagazines as our AW magnum series rifles.

Just as a data point, I'm shooting the 300 Scenar loaded to mag length (COAL 3.630) at 2740fps (27" bbl) with 1/2 MOA performance, so extra mag length may be nice, but it's not a requirement,

Thanks for all of the help guys! I would like to run a longer barrel 28-30" so slower burning powders and a good amount of case capacity would be nice. I think I'd like to try the seekins maybe.