• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX308 Grip mods?

Well... Im embarrassed to say, but I found out the hard way that my AX is pale brown and not FDE if you catch my drift. Thankfully another member is ordering a pale brown to swap with me.

looks like a SCAR 17 at the moment
I just want to see photos of someone stateside that has their kit!

Mine came in but I had to go out of town for a bit. I did install it prior to leaving and was really pleased with the fit and finish. The cerakote they used on my FDE model matched the factory finish perfectly. It just sucks that I’ll have to wait a bit to try it out at the range. Sorry, didn’t get to take any pics before leaving but I’ll take a few when I get home next week.

RenderedImage.jpeg

Just got mine installed

Dang, I had ruled put buying another AT to replace my previous one. This fixes every issue I had with the rifle besides weight.

If I had an AI, I’d happily buy this.

Looks awesome. Baffles me that it’s taken so long for someone to come out with this. I don’t really have a problem with the factory grip but to be able to change grips is huge. I’m planning to order a set but can decide on color. My AX is black as well and I was wondering what others opinions are on different color skins. Should I stick with black or swap to fde or pale green or what? Thanks for any input.

Adam B pic was the one I had. I ordered another one in the pale brown. I guess they are still being made.. :(
Spoke to Alan yesterday via email. He said the next batch are being Cerakoted now. he’ll pick them up this weekend/beginning of next week and get them mailed.

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
My Pale Brown kit arrived today. 10 day (Labor Day weekend delay) delivery time, Alan was great to work with.

I’m really impressed. I want to install it, but my Accuracy Obsession Chassis should be here next week so I’ll just do it all in one shot.

Going to be a Frankenstein for sure.

Reactions: samb300
You guys are killing me! I’m trying to decide if I need one of these. I don’t have any issues with the factory grip but this is sweet!!

Looks awesome. Baffles me that it’s taken so long for someone to come out with this. I don’t really have a problem with the factory grip but to be able to change grips is huge. I’m planning to order a set but can decide on color. My AX is black as well and I was wondering what others opinions are on different color skins. Should I stick with black or swap to fde or pale green or what? Thanks for any input.
We all know that the most accurate AI rifles are the elite sand color.... just sayin!! Haha

Elite Sand on its way to SC!

will post pics once it's installed.... AKA - 5 minutes after it gets dropped off.

Reactions: bb505
Got a sage green headed my way as well. Tracking shows it arrived in New York yesterday so hopefully I will get it this week.

2F2B7B43-B162-47B5-A266-76615F2E711F.jpeg

I installed my kit last night along with the Accuracy Obsession chassis. I’m really impressed the fit and finish of the chassis and grip mod they're both absolutely factory finish. I’m looking forward to playing around with a few different grips and dialing this Frankenstein in just right.

I’ll get some down range pics into the A.I thread this weekend.

Last edited:
Looks great. What's your impression of the usability with the thumb rest?
Anybody tried installing a MPA EVG yet?

Reactions: Empr_Hadrian
Looks great. What's your impression of the usability with the thumb rest?
Anybody tried installing a MPA EVG yet?
I was skeptical of this kit at first because I usually float my thumb, with the Ergo grip I installed it has a flare out that fits great in your palm, making your thumb feel in the same position as it was with the AI grip. I could see a narrower grip making it feel like your reaching with your thumb tho, depending on your hand size, if you have normal or larger hands you’ll likely not notice.

I’m dry firing off my tripod this evening and it feels so much better applying full grip asI never found myself doing that with the factory AI grip.

Attachments

• 81E0503F-1F9A-44C3-983A-BF17B4A3490E.jpeg
    81E0503F-1F9A-44C3-983A-BF17B4A3490E.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 307
I doubt an EVG will work. At least without cutting the top third and thumb rest off and turning it into a broom stick handle. The width of the skins above the grip eliminate anything above the ar grip tang
It’s driving me nuts but, I can’t find the link to a product that’s made for an AR grip that has a zero angle, it mounts to it just like the MPA via 3 screws on the grip.

I was going to go with an Ergo Zero grip.
Sorry I was more posting for AXMC. I too would like to try the Ergo Zero but can’t find them in stock.

I haven’t ran the MPA but knew I seen a similar product that might fit AXMC’s needs.

I’ll run this for a few trips it seems nice, well nicer than factory for sure.

edit: I also don’t think the MPA would work.

Mine was paid for on September 7th, accepted at the UK post office on the 15th and received at sorting office in Los Angeles today the 22nd. Should finally have it in two or three more days. Had a Rem 700 in an AI chassis many years ago and the grip is the only thing I never liked about the rifle. Cant wait to try this.

Unfortunate to hear that the MDT vertical grip won't work. I wonder if MDT's new vertical grip (shown at Shot Show 2020) will be any different and therefore be compatible with this AI grip mod.
Re-read the post you quoted... The MPA won’t work (I don’t believe), however I provided a link in a post a few back to the MDT because it’s similar and it would work. 🍻

Thanks for correcting me! Not sure how I mis-read that and confused the two... Must be because I've been sleeping later and later and my dog has been waking me up earlier and earlier.

• Haha