• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX308 Grip mods?

Also, will the stock still latch with it installed?

What has been the turn around time once at a USPS sorting location? Mines been at customs in Chicago since the 18th...

Last edited:
What has been the turn around time once at a USPS sorting location? Mines been at customs in Chicago since the 18th...
that's strange man... most of the guys on here got their stuff pretty quickly.
mine has been saying "now departing the UK" since 9/19.
who the hell knows
it's always the shit you want to have right away that gets held up

Reactions: gamewarden
that's strange man... most of the guys on here got their stuff pretty quickly.
mine has been saying "now departing the UK" since 9/19.
who the hell knows
it's always the shit you want to have right away that gets held up
I talked with USPS...said 2 days to 2 months...sweet

30A22E94-F3E3-405B-B3E3-40D017159AEA.jpeg

Got mine installed a few days ago. I really do like it a lot better, took me a few mins of adjusting the trigger shoe but I’m very pleased overall with the feel.

My mom’s pooch certainly seems to like it.

Attachments

• 2274B69E-F339-42D1-8FA7-45AE06D8C1DB.jpeg
    2274B69E-F339-42D1-8FA7-45AE06D8C1DB.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 201
I shot live fire this weekend for the first time with it fitted. Extremely happy. Shot very nicely and was so comfortable. Reaching the samb/AO thumb self was no issue too. I used both grip techniques over the shoot.

AI AX perfected 👌

Reactions: samb300
As mentioned above, AI perfected. Couldn't be anymore pleased with the kit. USPS sucks but what else is new... 7 days from UK to South Carolina, 13 days to deliver from the hub. Alan, i hope you sell a metric fuck-ton of these. Great product and awesome service! @Cheetor

Apologies for the garbage photos... can only upload in medium res after the latest SH update

C7FE1283-2287-4144-AF89-BD14F855A7E0.jpeg
9CDFD0DA-EA63-4FB1-8633-E6DA0E1B522D.jpeg
361C748C-B973-4A9D-9411-D6ABDDDEC96F.jpeg
8D1FF9D6-ED48-4CD7-9C7A-6D00FA464FA8.jpeg
5C5DBFB4-45D4-49DD-B51C-6C777743EBFB.jpeg
D6BD5EF9-D654-4453-96B3-C4C43F85C262.jpeg

I’m supposedly on the list for the next run, but no word in a couple months

You guys still in business? I sent a email, no reply.
I’m supposedly on the list for the next run, but no word in a couple months
I just spoke to Alan the other day via email and they were waiting on more stock sides to come in from AI. Like everything else, they’re back ordered almost everywhere.

just got a sweet carbon fiber bag rider from them though. Cerakoted to match
D244C769-6B35-462A-B6B2-7522DEF95507.jpeg

If any of you guys need an Ergo Zero angle, slide into my PM’s. I bought a couple to try and settled on the Tactical Deluxe.

I just spoke to Alan the other day via email and they were waiting on more stock sides to come in from AI. Like everything else, they’re back ordered almost everywhere.

just got a sweet carbon fiber bag rider from them though. Cerakoted to match
View attachment 7491984

cool, hopefully they will get back to me soonish.

is the cut plastic sharp on the top of your hand if you “grip” the grip in a non PRS pinky out way?

Reactions: LongRangeJunky

is the cut plastic sharp on the top of your hand if you “grip” the grip in a non PRS pinky out way?
I haven’t had that experience at all. It’s milled really well. Install is retard-proof and the finished result looks like it shipped from AI that way.

Hi OperatorError,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I have been off work for a couple of days I had the option as we have just come out of a month long lockdown to go shooting.
I am expecting the stocksides this week so will be sending emails to all who have them on order. The pandemic has had a dramatic effect world wide in supply of everything including the stocksides.
I have tried to give a realistic expectation of delivery and have been stating the same info to all who have enquired mid to end December.
If you have requested an AR grip conversion and are on the waiting list for this batch you will have an email in the next day or so giving you the option to complete the order and pay for your item/items.

Thank you all for your patience

Alan
GTAC

You guys still in business? I sent a email, no reply.
received this message from them yesterday.

I apologies for the delay, I have been waiting on a delivery of the stock sides.

They are due in this week.

I will be in a position to send out 14-15th December.

Please let me know if you are still interested, if not I can let someone else take your order.

I sent them my money this morning! Can't wait.

My grips have been stuck in Chicago for the past week... : /

December 19, 2020, 5:24 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 5:24 pm on December 19, 2020.

Why can’t someone 3D print two side panels with a better grip profile??? It would would cost under $100. Better than this shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Why can’t someone 3D print two side panels with a better grip profile??? It would would cost under $100. Better than this shit.

I mean, yeah it would be cheaper, but you still have the same problem the AI has from the factory in that some people will like it and some won't, this grip lets you put any AR grip on the gun so it caters to everyone. It is kind of expensive but if it fixes the one thing you don't really like about your $7k rifle then I think it's worth it, lol.

Jake

Mine stuff is still stuck in Chicago, how long has it been taking everyone else to receive? Shipped the 14th of December, arrived in Chicago the 19th, and it’s been sitting there.

Just got mine today, still need to debond my AT and glue it into my AO Chassis and I’ll be set, gonna try and knock it out this weekend! Kit looks great though, I’ve got an Ergo Zero Degree and the MDT adjustable grip to try out, as well as my old Ergo off one of my AR’s.

Jake

Reactions: reubenski
Just received my Conversion Kit. The kit really does help improve the rifle. Although I think the kit that was sent was in Sage Green nothing a few coats of Krylon can correct ; )
View attachment 7511011View attachment 7511018View attachment 7511019
Hi Huntervasser,
Sorry there is a mis match with the colour. The colour sent is the only green available from AI there is no Sage Green. The colour of your rifle I suspect is Elite sand whichis a
Just received my Conversion Kit. The kit really does help improve the rifle. Although I think the kit that was sent was in Sage Green nothing a few coats of Krylon can correct ; )
View attachment 7511011View attachment 7511018View attachment 7511019
Hi Huntervasser,
I apologise for the error this is a Green Grip Conversion when it looks like you needed an Elite Sand, please drop me an email or DM and I will resolve this for you as soon as possible.
Regards
Alan

So I my Obsession Chassis and GTAC Grip Conversion installed on my AT today and took a few pics for those who are interested.

As stated by a few others, the Ergo Zero grip doesn't really work, there is hardly any room for your middle finger unless you took a dremel to the trigger guard.

Ergo Grip 1.jpg Ergo Grip 2.jpg

The MDT grip on the other hand is freaking AMAZING, its perfect for my hand and you have adjustments on the grip and the trigger so you can really get it dialed in the way the way you like it. I'm 100% sold on this.

MDT Grip 2.jpg

Jake

So I my Obsession Chassis and GTAC Grip Conversion installed on my AT today and took a few pics for those who are interested.

As stated by a few others, the Ergo Zero grip doesn't really work, there is hardly any room for your middle finger unless you took a dremel to the trigger guard.

View attachment 7518730 View attachment 7518731

The MDT grip on the other hand is freaking AMAZING, its perfect for my hand and you have adjustments on the grip and the trigger so you can really get it dialed in the way the way you like it. I'm 100% sold on this.

View attachment 7518732

Jake

Did you have to inlet the stock sides to get the mdt grip to fit?