• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Alabama Redneck Guns & Night Vision Swap Meet?

Edit: Match is next weekend - my goof...

whatss up guys? I have a slot in the Alabama Precision match this weekend. I can't make it though so if somebody else wants my slot for cheaper, PM me. heres the link on practiscore.
If there is another place to post this slot for sale here on this site, please advise, I'm new to the PRS stuff.
Hope to sling some Bama lead soonish..
I’ll happily snag your spot if it’s cool with the rools and they’ll welcome a total noob.

I’m in north west Alabama. I have a 1 mile private range however I’m only worth a shit at 500 yards. Working on building a shelter at 1k now. I’d love to learn more about prs and tote hunting because they are getting thick around here. I have a Flir 536 thermal and several semi quiet weapons.

Where and when is this match on the 19th?
I think you need visitors. I come with beer. Good beer. And night toys no one has ever seen and barely heard of.

Reactions: westcoasteast
You have it for trade or you’re looking for it?
I have it for trade. I have 4- 1lb cans of 4064 and a 8lb jug of accurate 2520. I have a few 1lb if that too but I'm good with keeping those unless someone really wants em

Last edited:
I’m looking for a 1K range to air my big Fiddy out within a 2-ish hour drive of Gadsden, AL. Happy to pay. My can won’t arrive for some time, so it’ll be loud.

Also, I have a full factory KAC SR-25 ACC I purchased new in 2020 and put 2-3 mags through, then cleaned, lubed and put back in the KAC factory hardcase. Latest model. MLok rail. 16”.

I might be willing to trade (preferably) or sell outright (maybe).

Have an FDE SCAR-20S in similar condition too, with FN box. Same deal. It has served primarily as my photo platform for nefarious night time toys.

LOTS of factory mags for both. Mostly all new.
7C9D789A-56E0-4BAE-A230-702E41DE736F.jpeg

FACAC4E2-DE3F-479A-9931-251772E0A8B3.jpeg

Also, I have a full factory KAC SR-25 ACC I purchased new in 2020 and put 2-3 mags through, then cleaned, lubed and put back in the KAC factory hardcase. Latest model. MLok rail. 16”.

Have an FDE SCAR-20S in similar condition too, with FN box. Same deal. It has served primarily as my photo platform for nefarious night time toys.

View attachment 7824334

View attachment 7824333
I'll take donations!!

• Love
Reactions: TheHorta

View attachment 7824334

View attachment 7824333
Just scraped my zipper hard…

You ever let anyone shoot on your private range?

The match is in Carbon Hill
I’m just getting it off the ground. Literally I lay in ground to shoot still. Building some shelters. It’s my farm and in a hollar so no danger of anything stray unless you try to shoot the stars out. I’m hoping to have some days where some good long range guys come play and teach me how the hell to shoot past 500
I think you need visitors. I come with beer. Good beer. And night toys no one has ever seen and barely heard of.
Well I’m not much of a beer man but I like night toys! Well nothing bigger than a finger and no further than 2 knuckles deep.

View attachment 7824334

View attachment 7824333
What would you have to get for the sr25 outright?

Did anyone else run this match at AP? My first time, it was a blast. I sucked but got a few good hits here and there. I think my worst stage was the movers at 600yards? crazy, super fun, down for another match but a lot of work between now and then.

I was there, great match, great weather, great people

Reactions: TheHorta
What did you run? Theres a 600yd bench match in TN this weekend, but I'm out of brownie points. Glock match in the 'Gump is next for me. Hope all is well with the rest of you guys.

What did you run? Theres a 600yd bench match in TN this weekend, but I'm out of brownie points. Glock match in the 'Gump is next for me. Hope all is well with the rest of you guys.
You shoot at strategic?

Did anyone else run this match at AP? My first time, it was a blast. I sucked but got a few good hits here and there. I think my worst stage was the movers at 600yards? crazy, super fun, down for another match but a lot of work between now and then.

What sort of, if any, prereqs are needed to come do a match? It’s something I’ve always wanted to do just to meet some like minded folks and have a good time. I’m by no means a competitive shooter but I’ve tinkered quit a bit with old development and hand loading for quite some time.

What sort of, if any, prereqs are needed to come do a match? It’s something I’ve always wanted to do just to meet some like minded folks and have a good time. I’m by no means a competitive shooter but I’ve tinkered quit a bit with old development and hand loading for quite some time.
You have a rifle, ammo, and know your dope? You're good! try and place lower than me, i dare you...seriously the other shooters will help a ton, they would throw gear like their bags etc at me and say "use that". As long as you have a good attitude and come to have fun and learn, you will love it.

You have a rifle, ammo, and know your dope? You're good! try and place lower than me, i dare you...seriously the other shooters will help a ton, they would throw gear like their bags etc at me and say "use that". As long as you have a good attitude and come to have fun and learn, you will love it.
How does one get a membership? I’m about a hour and half away in Huntsville and strategic seems to be the closest and by far best range I can find.

How does one get a membership? I’m about a hour and half away in Huntsville and strategic seems to be the closest and by far best range I can find.
For prs matches you just sign up. For strategic edge range you have to email and ask to be put on waiting list. It’s a private range that’s full, but people roll on and off the roster

Reactions: Tbaxl
^^^ what he said ^^^ great experience all around.

Would it be frustrating to other shooters if you didn’t have very accurate dope (or any at all) at certain distances past a certain point and had to rely heavily on ballistic data off of software based on MV and chrono data? Or would every still be pretty helpful? That’s been my biggest brake peddle on going to one of these things. I wanna learn and have fun and meet folks but I don’t wanna be a hindrance. I know that seems gay or whatever but you never know how grumpy and impatient folks can get!!

Would it be frustrating to other shooters if you didn’t have very accurate dope (or any at all) at certain distances past a certain point and had to rely heavily on ballistic data off of software based on MV and chrono data? Or would every still be pretty helpful? That’s been my biggest brake peddle on going to one of these things. I wanna learn and have fun and meet folks but I don’t wanna be a hindrance. I know that seems gay or whatever but you never know how grumpy and impatient folks can get!!
You have your time on a stage so what you do with it, no one else cares. Don't let that stop you, but if you haven't confirmed dope out beyond a certain distance, just write down a dope card from your Ballistic App or Kestrel ect..., with it in 100 yd increments, and then write the 3 dopes you need, on a stage odd your card on a wrist band like what we used playing football. You can use index cards and change em as much as needed, and keep the master dope card in your bag to get it off of before each stage.

“Or had to rely heavily on software…”

Dude, every single shooter there would have packed their shit and gone home kestrels and applied ballistics went down 😂 know your speed, and be able to plug in your data properly

“Or had to rely heavily on software…”

Dude, every single shooter there would have packed their shit and gone home kestrels and applied ballistics went down 😂 know your speed, and be able to plug in your data properly
Haha good shit. I’m a confident shooter I’ve just never done so “competitively” and my long guns have never seen a range longer than 200 yards. I’ve got good data, just never confirmed. I need to just sign up and go have fun

Well I think I just round out my short stroking problem. I had a rifle spring in the carbine buffer tube. Confirmed weight of buffer to be 3oz, but the spring was 13.5" I just cut it down to 11" and will re-test this week.

On the mover - The other shooters in the squad noted the correct distance, but that didn't help me I still missed all of them I think.

Range day Monday - Strat Edge in TN if anyone in HSV wants to follow. Guests can shoot out to 500.
I will be function testing the 6ARC (the shortened spring did NOT fix it, I suspect gas tube clogged, new one ready to rock, looking for triple taps at 600 again)
Will be chronoing some 300PRC 198PVA solids and tuning the EC Tuner Brake.

I still want to get together sometime soonish for Long range or yotes. hope all are doing well.
I have shirts made, front is blank if anyone wants them PM me, the gold is shiny, they were a small run, more to come.

Attachments

• GadsdenFlagShirts01.jpg
    GadsdenFlagShirts01.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 24
Just for kicks… I have a SCAR-20S FDE that has well fewer than 100 rounds on it that I’d be happy to trade for another Cool Kid toy.

I’ve used it primarily as my photo platform for Night Vision and Thermal toys and it hasn’t been shot in at least a year. Excellent condition with original FN shipping box/foam.

Looking for anything unique or of interest in trade — guns, women, booze, Redneck stuff, whatever.

9DC6C43C-CD2F-4ECC-B0C0-84C438193496.jpeg

F4A47149-F201-4428-A130-B6E6BE5BC00F.jpeg

Reactions: E-Tool and jMarine