• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Am I raping a National Match RRA?

sausagemc

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2012
I just grabbed a RRA National Match A4 with some ammo and extras. Currently I have no desire to shoot National Match, but for $900.00 cash, and only 150 documented rounds through it, I grabbed it.

Is there any reason I shouldn't modify the gun as I desire? That would entail a Vortex scope, Omega Thin Rail, AAC Break Out for my M4-2000, Magpul PRS, and replace the front sight.

Easy terms, I would make it into a varmint gun. I have a WOA 16” SDM barrel that is amazing at 1:7, but for 40gr and 50gr the 20” 1:8 will throw them down range nice and quick like.

I would also assume that I can sell the carry handle, fore guard and tube, special front sight, and whatever else I peel off.

Suggestions please…

Re: Am I raping a National Match RRA?

Hell btw the time you sell off the extra's you'll be in it really cheap i say do what you want with it . if you need to change a tool to make it fit for what you want do it , remember it's just a tool.

I opinion is that this not a collector piece, it is a production rifle, shoot it, strip it and rebuild it like you want, whatever, just shoot the snot out of it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell btw the time you sell off the extra's you'll be in it really cheap i say do what you want with it . if you need to change a tool to make it fit for what you want do it , remember it's just a tool.
</div></div>

That is what I am thinking. I watch guys build rifles that have more invested then the built gun costs. I also have done the opposite and built it for less. Long story, if somebody wants that carry handle, it will sell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oldrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I opinion is that this not a collector piece, it is a production rifle, shoot it, strip it and rebuild it like you want, whatever, just shoot the snot out of it! </div></div>

The only thing rare is that it has a chrome bolt carrier, apparently RRA ran out of those...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only problem I see is that by the time you are finished throwing money at it you'll be into it 1400 or so. </div></div>

That is true, but I will be using the PRS equipped lower with my WOA upper, and the only true expense is the quad rail. I actually have a RRA alum tube laying around. I might do a hogue in green and a PRS in green, and pretend I am cool.

Do as you will with it. NM RRA rifles aren't exactly rare or somehow collectible items. Hacking up a rifle you got a good deal on to make it into something that will better serve your needs/wants isn't a big deal.

I say have at it and don't look back!!!

I have a nm that I paid about the same for. I immedatly put a dd lite rail and prs and a pistol grip. Now I have a tacticool nm

Sell that barrel and the other stuff you listed, get the handguard you want and get that 16" WOA installed and I'll bet that it's a freakin shooter...one nice rig especially with the can on there too.

Sell me the carry handle, barrel with the float tube, front site and hand guards for $150.00 and you'll only have $750 in it.
smile.gif

handle, tube and stock, barrel is mine buddy.

it is your rifle, do whatever you want with it as more are being built everyday it is not a collector item at all.
good deal by the way.

Agreed, it's your gun so make it how you like it. I do think that you owe it to yourself to find a local NRA/CMP Higpower clinic or match and try it out at it's intended purpose first. You might love it. I never thought it would be my thing either, but I tried it out in 2007 because I wanted to try some kind of competitive shooting and HP was about the only local option at the time. I've never really gone back to any other type of shooting since then. I still like the tactical rifles, but really don't them anymore. HP is incredibly challenging and rewarding - nothing like learning how to shoot an AR well at 600 yards with a sling and iron sights. The fundamental skills learned transfer directly to any other type of shooting.

Good luck,
Erik

Do you have a fleshlight jammed on the butt stock? I would try that before raping it. I'm not into the whole rape thing but if that's what your into I'm not judging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a fleshlight jammed on the butt stock? I would try that before raping it. I'm not into the whole rape thing but if that's what your into I'm not judging. </div></div>

Make sure it isn't loaded

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a fleshlight jammed on the butt stock? I would try that before raping it. I'm not into the whole rape thing but if that's what your into I'm not judging. </div></div>

I think the joke would have been much funnier if you took the "your dingus is 5.56 Nato in diameter?" approach.