• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

An issue of resolution

Judcargile

Not about to hide in the hide.
Minuteman
  • Jun 2, 2021
    Prattville, AL
    I have factory rifles that usually shoot half MOA with GMM or reloads that are 168 SMK over 42gr Benchmark with standard and minimum case prep.

I have recently taken up case prep on scale that usually sees only benchrest and long range shooters. I am still waiting on a neck turning lathe, so, no trigger time as of yet.

How likely will it be for me to see 1/4 MOA?

Does tuned ammo only show it's magic at longer ranges?

Since we are here, I found CCI NATO primers and N135. I picked 168gr TMK this time.
    I do not have an OS to run Quickloads; Is there anything made for android that is close?

Full burn of N135 will be 41.5gr @ 16" with a burn rate of 97, to which 4064 is 101 for reference; So, I am not expecting to see high pressures.

Not my first pick for primers or powder; But, I am excited about the bullets and brass.

I would be impressed to see a factory rifle do a 1/2 MOA 5x5.
    Steyr SSGPIIK, and HS Precision TTD do half more times than not and most Savage rifles will easily be at least close; If by factory you mean, other than companies renowned for excellence..........perhaps you meant to say unmodified?

• Haha
    Reactions: supercorndogs
    "Savage" renowned for excellence. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A factory rifle is "un-modified."

Showing me something does not involve the flapping of phalanges on a keyboard. It would involve printing the target, and shooting it.
    Steyr SSGPIIK, and HS Precision TTD do half more times than not and most Savage rifles will easily be at least close; If by factory you mean, other than companies renowned for excellence..........perhaps you meant to say unmodified?

Corny,

I actually said that most Savage rifles (since CNC ) shoot close to half MOA.

You are over your head sport; run along.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: supercorndogs
    1632587858881.png

Neck turning will not improve your accuracy by 50%. People tend to do all the anal case prep stuff when they reloading noobs, but later realize most of it is unnecessary given the high quality components being used.

If you want to neck turn, go ahead. It will give you nice uniform necks and happiness. But it will not cut your group size in half.

Neck turning will not improve your accuracy by 50%. People tend to do all the anal case prep stuff when they reloading noobs, but later realize most of it is unnecessary given the high quality components being used.

If you want to neck turn, go ahead. It will give you nice uniform necks and happiness. But it will not cut your group size in half.
    Understood.

It would seem that brass that varies in thickness could effect concentricity. I am looking at a few hundred GMM and a couple thousand Pivi match, either loaded or saved brass. I am prepping 500 or so brass now; Neck turning and setting tension should be all that is left to prep brass wise. Lathe is still in the mail.

Hopefully, with all of the recent methods I have begun to incorporate into a more prescribed result, I may indeed see a consistent decrease in dispersion from where my basic method grouped.

A basic zero was done on both bolt actions to have new optics and rifle on paper later this week. At the approximation of 50 yrds, GMM had a 3 of 5 clover leaf with a flyer that was at least exaggerated by incorrect shooter interaction.

I assume you are running a MAC if you don’t have an OS that will run Quickload. You can run Virtual Box and install windows on it and then run Quickload. I run GRTools in a virtual machine on my MAC.

both virtual box and GRTools are free

David

I assume you are running a MAC if you don’t have an OS that will run Quickload. You can run Virtual Box and install windows on it and then run Quickload. I run GRTools in a virtual machine on my MAC.

both virtual box and GRTools are free

David
    I only have Android devices.

Aren't you the guy that said if 2 are touching you don't care if the third even prints?
    For my needs and environment, I am that guy.

Fliers are fliers are fliers, as far as I can tell.

I understand nothing about legit fliers. Not one thing.

I only have Android devices.
    Well I tried. I did some research for you about Virtual Box running on Android and it is not supported because while Android runs a Linux kernel it does not have the normal Linux support for apps and uses a different C support library functions.

If you really want these you could do what I did. I have out in my reloading room a Windows PC. I bought it for $149. With it I run GRTools and I use it to browse the internet for shooting related things without having to go inside and up stairs to my MAC.

HTH

David

Reactions: Judcargile