• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AndiScan and Bulletseeker Doppler

He said he was to busy at this time.
I do not think it would be too hard to just grab some bits of aluminum and just make something with hand tools. Cheap tap set and you would be off to the races. Maybe I should whip out my sherline lathe and mill combo that I drunkenly bought after binge watching clickspring videos and make something myself.

Personally, I like having the OG case. Makes it unique going forward.
Do you let it get rained on? Doubt it. And getting the battery out with a pry screwdriver will short it out. Dont ask me how I know. Now I pry from the other side. Design oversight tho, especially with the sd slot being under there.

My battery comes out pretty easily and I doubt the new case is any more H2O proof than the OG.

Do you let it get rained on? Doubt it. And getting the battery out with a pry screwdriver will short it out. Dont ask me how I know. Now I pry from the other side. Design oversight tho, especially with the sd slot being under there.
I live in the most rainiest parts of the US. Does fine in the rain in my experience.

And to remove the battery cover you just lift up on the battery cover, where the slot is, and slide the cover off. Super easy. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: hkguns
I live in the most rainiest parts of the US. Does fine in the rain in my experience.

And to remove the battery cover you just lift up on the battery cover, where the slot is, and slide the cover off. Super easy. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
I didnt say I pry the cover off. I said to get the battery itself out is a pain the ass. Which it is. Even from the ground side I feel like I am about to puncture it to get it out. Where I live averages 110 inches of rain a year, and would definitely not risk a $900 electronic in a 3d printed housing. It functions great, but a more professional housing should come with that price.

Reactions: Fat Dark Earth
I didnt say I pry the cover off. I said to get the battery itself out is a pain the ass. Which it is. Even from the ground side I feel like I am about to puncture it to get it out. Where I live averages 110 inches of rain a year, and would definitely not risk a $900 electronic in a 3d printed housing. It functions great, but a more professional housing should come with that price.
We must be neighbors. 😂

Maybe the the tolerances varies from unit to unit with the cover. Mine comes off fairly easily.

Reactions: viking78
First day out with the Andiscan today, initial thoughts are:

The size is even smaller than I expected. I love this, it will have a full time spot in my range bag unlike my Magneto speed V3 on a wheeler mount which was annoying to transport and store.

Battery life is weak. I'll bring a USB battery pack on load dev days. For other days when I just confirm velocity no USB pack will be needed.

Once I figured out the settings it read every shot. At first I was having issues reading until I turned down the SNR ratio to the low setting 13. Once I did that it picked up every shot, shooting a suppressed 6 Dasher so it needed the lower setting.

Love the easy attachment, thumb screw the included mount onto a pic rail and hang the unit and it's good to go.

Love that no app is needed, everything I need is on the screen in the unit. The buttons and control scheme are easy enough to use after reading through the manual.

No issues with a 1.8" suppressor with a cover blocking readings.

A minor annoyance is I can't take a picture of the screen due to the refresh of whatever screen type this is.

PXL_20230520_160758010.NIGHT.jpg

In order to take a picture with the screen, you have to take a video (it will match the refresh rate) and take a photo from there (I know on my Android, I can take a photo while video is recording).

The Andiscan is certainly impressive and I've been super happy with mine. Picks up 22, 22 suppressed, 6mm suppressed out of a 338 Ultra, and all handgun ammo (suppressed, too!).

Reactions: TylerN
In order to take a picture with the screen, you have to take a video (it will match the refresh rate) and take a photo from there (I know on my Android, I can take a photo while video is recording).
Thanks! (y)I was sitting at the range trying night mode on a sunny thinking that long exposure might stitch together a useable shot (no luck.)

Reactions: NiteQwill

The size is even smaller than I expected. I love this, it will have a full time spot in my range bag unlike my Magneto speed V3 on a wheeler mount which was annoying to transport and store.

Battery life is weak. I'll bring a USB battery pack on load dev days. For other days when I just confirm velocity no USB pack will be needed.

Once I figured out the settings it read every shot. At first I was having issues reading until I turned down the SNR ratio to the low setting 13. Once I did that it picked up every shot, shooting a suppressed 6 Dasher so it needed the lower setting.

Love the easy attachment, thumb screw the included mount onto a pic rail and hang the unit and it's good to go.

Love that no app is needed, everything I need is on the screen in the unit. The buttons and control scheme are easy enough to use after reading through the manual.

A minor annoyance is I can't take a picture of the screen due to the refresh of whatever screen type this is.

View attachment 8145624
The battery life is pretty bad. It seems to drain quite fast even when the unit is powered off. I just run rechargeable batteries and swap or keep a portable power bank on hand.

View attachment 8145624
The battery life is pretty bad. It seems to drain quite fast even when the unit is powered off. I just run rechargeable batteries and swap or keep a portable power bank on hand.

I totally agree. Jan even put in the documentation that the battery life is short. He appears to know about this limitation. I just hook it to a power bank right when I get set up and then remove it if it gets in the way. I guess the good thing is it recharges very quickly when attached to a power bank. I have gotten to like the unit more and more as I have learned more about the details and settings by using it.

Reactions: TylerN
So far mine has been great, finally figured out that for my benchrest rifle I just need to mount it to a small tripod next to the barrel and it reads every shot. I had it mounted to my scope rail and I think my SEB rest was blocking it a little as my SNR were in the 13-14 range. Moving the unit to a small tripod I am not getting 22-23 SNR.

Is anyone aware if Andi-scan is working toward having a US distributor?

Last edited:
Is anyone aware if Andi-scan is working toward having US distributor?

Last i talked with the guy making them, doesn't look like dealerships are planned for now.

Andyscan is literaly a university professor's side hustle. I was trying to get a dealership multiple times in the last 2 years and for now, it is direct sales only.

The guy would really benefit if he partnered with an established industry player to take it to the next level.

Last edited:
Really like the Andiscan. I pair it with a 10,000mah External Battery and can run it on wifi with my tablet for hours. Have yet to drop a shot and all SNRs are above 23. That said, still unsure whether to replace the factory bullet data in Strelok, for example with the reading. According to Sako, its 136 Gr 6.5 CM TRG precision has a muzzle velocity of 2820 fps. The attached image of 20 readings calculates an Average velocity of 2723.5 fps from a 24" Tikka barrel that is reportedly slow. Seems right but IANAS (statistician) and so don't know what to make of the variations in confidence interval and reported SD . All 20 rounds are from the same box and don't seem wildly divergent.
Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 4.01.03 PM.jpg

I ran a similar test on Berger 130 Gr OTM Hybrid Match and am getting about 2812.4, instead of 2921. So a difference of about 96 and 108.

Reactions: Raydee38
Really like the Andiscan. I pair it with a 10,000mah External Battery and can run it on wifi with my tablet for hours. Have yet to drop a shot and all SNRs are above 23. That said, still unsure whether to replace the factory bullet data in Strelok, for example with the reading. According to Sako, its 136 Gr 6.5 CM TRG precision has a muzzle velocity of 2820 fps. The attached image of 20 readings calculates an Average velocity of 2723.5 fps from a 24" Tikka barrel that is reportedly slow. Seems right but IANAS (statistician) and so don't know what to make of the variations in confidence interval and reported SD . All 20 rounds are from the same box and don't seem wildly divergent. View attachment 8174421

I ran a similar test on Berger 130 Gr OTM Hybrid Match and am getting about 2812.4, instead of 2921. So a difference of about 96 and 108.
To clarify, are you comparing the andi-scan velocities to ammunition manufacturers published velocities or to velocities you measured with a different chronograph or other means?

To clarify, are you comparing the andi-scan velocities to ammunition manufacturers published velocities or to velocities you measured with a different chronograph or other means?
To the published velocities. I understand that we can't rely on the published velocities but I don't have access to another chronograph right now to compare. My assumption is that this at least tells me the Andi-Scan is in the ballpark and the setup is reading correctly and not experiencing interference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zip Detmer
I received the AndiScan this week for a test use.
First impressions was, deam, this thing is small :)
I had the LR, but that is size of 4 brick, and in EU version, they have cut the radar power in half, fck eu.
What i have read on this thread, this thing suppose to be the most easiest radar on the planet.
And the mounting hardware, you got all the options, this new one got the ARCA too.
Planning to do the first shooting testing tomorrow, really looking forward how it does work, and measure it gives.
I have the prochrono, i have had better result with that, than the orange box, even i had microphone on it, it only read 2-3/5 shots when the suppressor was on.
AndiScan is so small, that it is easy to keep on range every time.
I will use the ARCA mount, one question, how close/far away from the muzzle it should put, to take the measuring?

I received the AndiScan this week for a test use.
First impressions was, deam, this thing is small :)
I had the LR, but that is size of 4 brick, and in EU version, they have cut the radar power in half, fck eu.
What i have read on this thread, this thing suppose to be the most easiest radar on the planet.
And the mounting hardware, you got all the options, this new one got the ARCA too.
Planning to do the first shooting testing tomorrow, really looking forward how it does work, and measure it gives.
I have the prochrono, i have had better result with that, than the orange box, even i had microphone on it, it only read 2-3/5 shots when the suppressor was on.
AndiScan is so small, that it is easy to keep on range every time.
I will use the ARCA mount, one question, how close/far away from the muzzle it should put, to take the measuring?

Put it close to the barrel and far away from the blast of any brake.

if you're using your suppressor, you'll be fine.

Mine picks up both suppressed, braked, 22, and airgun without issues.

My suggestion is put it into expert mode and learn the settings.

Mine has been awesome to use. It literally works all the time.

Thank you sir.
I think i will start with the trg mode.
Just get to use it a bit, and then turn it in to a expert.
Nice thing with the arca is, it is quick to adjust under the chassis, if it does not give reading.
But it is so versitale, the package had so many different option to mount it, even a tripod mount :)
I have few small tripods, i think i will try that too.
Bad thing about on this is, that if i fell in love to this, it will cost a lot of money :D
But then i dont need to look another, and another radar or chronograph, i just need the one that works.
andiscan.jpg

Reactions: Defender3
Battery will last about an hour so I recommend an external battery. Screen was also difficult for me to see once mounted but I just use an iPad connected to Wi-Fi for display. It’s a bit clunky that way but easy to read.

Battery will last about an hour so I recommend an external battery. Screen was also difficult for me to see once mounted but I just use an iPad connected to Wi-Fi for display. It’s a bit clunky that way but easy to read.
agreed. I use a cig shaped battery pack velcro'd to the side. Works well.

The wifi transmission on this thing is awesome, too. I do the same.

Holy shiet, this thing is awesome.
Had nearly 100% of all the shots today.
Tiny technical issue on the beginning, my fault, but after that, everyting worked like a suisse watch.
No way i would ever buy LR if there is this, so much easier to use, no aiming, no hazzle, just put it on to your rifle, or tripod, switch power on, hit the radar on and start shooting.

Is there a US dealer for the AndiScan yet? I hope Midway USA carries them so I can send back my BSm4 piece of shit for something that actually works...

Is there a US dealer for the AndiScan yet? I hope Midway USA carries them so I can send back my BSm4 piece of shit for something that actually works...
No, the creator does it on his off time. I believe he's a university professor full time.

But if you buy it direct, it is fast international shipping.

Reactions: FuhQ
I need to save some money, this is next on my buy list.
Just got a feeling, that these might go fast, when people find out what kind of equipment this is.
I was so stoked today on the pit, that i went confused on the list what i shot and what rifle.
Had all 3 with me :D
I had zero set for all, since i swapped scopes on rifle in to another.
But i feel good, finally there is a radar that stupido like me can use, and it works with out all type extra s..t.
Crab with me some Lapua 136gr Scenar-L on my Krieger 21" 6.5 creedmoor.
Man, i wish that what the box it was, because the speed of 4 shot´s was above 900m/s.
21" Krieger, you guys know how to make barrels in US(y):cool:

Last edited:
No, the creator does it on his off time. I believe he's a university professor full time.

But if you buy it direct, it is fast international shipping.
Got a link? I know I can google, but I'd like to know it's a legit direct link to the official site.

Has anyone tried the unit standalone on a small tripod next to your barrel? I don't have chassis on most of my rifles and don't want to mount random pic rails to the sides of the stocks on them just for this. That was one of the appealing properties of the BSm4 for me, was being able to tripod mount without having to attach it to the gun itself, so I could quickly and easily swap between guns and leave the unit in place and it just continues to read with each shot.

But we ALL know how that went... If it seems too good to be true...It probably is. 🤦🏼

Has anyone tried the unit standalone on a small tripod next to your barrel? I don't have chassis on most of my rifles and don't want to mount random pic rails to the sides of the stocks on them just for this. That was one of the appealing properties of the BSm4 for me, was being able to tripod mount without having to attach it to the gun itself, so I could quickly and easily swap between guns and leave the unit in place and it just continues to read with each shot.

But we ALL know how that went... If it seems too good to be true...It probably is. 🤦🏼
Yes, tripod works. Also literally having a friend holding it out next to you while you shoot, works too (yes, this happened at a major match).😆

I have also one hand held my pistol to get a Chrono for match loads (to make sure I meet power factor) and the andi in another hand, works fine.

The Andiscan works as advertised. 😬

I tryed that too today, worked fine.
On the mounting kit, there is 2 different option on tripod mount, the 1/4" thread on the mount.
Small, and a large one.
I used the larger one, because it just felt so much steadier.

So the andi is clearly the winner between it and BS4. What about that other new one that's a little bigger than the andi but it does some other ballistic stuff too? Which is better? The size of the andi is VERY appealing

I wouldn’t say the AS is the clear winner. I had both and sold the AS and kept the BS. Easier to use except the AS works without an app.

Ive been struggling with the bullet seeker wish I went with the AS

I wouldn’t say the AS is the clear winner. I had both and sold the AS and kept the BS. Easier to use except the AS works without an app.
I've seen several just have nothing but problems with the BS, that's why I said that. There's another thread about it and it seems like everyone in there basically has a $1000 piece of gear that doesn't work well enough to be usable.

Reactions: Baron23
Yeah. I’m on that thread too.

I had both the AS and the BS replaced. After that they were both great.

My BS has read everything but all my guns are set up identical. I did run it today on a guys at the range and it would not read until he removed the suppressor. I have a set screw in the funnel cone thingy and wasn’t able to remove it to see if that’s why it didn’t read. I’ve had it read my suppressed rifles fine.

The AS has an absolute ton of stuff you can tweak. There’s a FB group for it now too. The BS doesn’t have any of that.

Yeah. I’m on that thread too.

I had both the AS and the BS replaced. After that they were both great.

My BS has read everything but all my guns are set up identical. I did run it today on a guys at the range and it would not read until he removed the suppressor. I have a set screw in the funnel cone thingy and wasn’t able to remove it to see if that’s why it didn’t read. I’ve had it read my suppressed rifles fine.

The AS has an absolute ton of stuff you can tweak. There’s a FB group for it now too. The BS doesn’t have any of that.
And the owner of the company seems to have disappeared off this site, and no longer answers DM's about his shitty product, or helps his customers. 😡

I did shoot 3 of my rifles yesterday.
Need to go to the range today with my 6.5cm, and take few different load i have with me.
But both .260REM are calculated, dope needs to be done in both of the rifles.
Krieger 28" ss is 10ms faster than what the prochrono gave, and T3 24" is 20ms slower than prochono gave, though that was a year ago, barrel might worn out since that, and T3 is pritty dirty too.
If you have ARCA on under your rifles, is it so eay to change in to a rifle in to another.
Shoot one, save data, loose the mount, put it in to a nother rifle, radar on, shoot, save put in to another rig :)

Reactions: parshal
Today i took my 6.5cm Krieger out.
Andiscan was on small tripod on all the time i took shots, 100% accuracy with the radar.
It is just so nice and easy to use.
View attachment 8189276
That looks several feet away from the rifle. Did you happen to measure, or can you guess? Also the fact it works suppressed is HUGE for me, since I don't shoot anything unsuppressed except for old vintage rifles that my dad owned.

Shame they're sold out, because I would have ordered one by now... Anyone know the owner? Is he on here? Does he want to hook a brother up? I'd love to get one on the way so I can send back my BSm4, and get that $1,100 dumpster fire refunded to me. 😂

That looks several feet away from the rifle. Did you happen to measure, or can you guess? Also the fact it works suppressed is HUGE for me, since I don't shoot anything unsuppressed except for old vintage rifles that my dad owned.

Shame they're sold out, because I would have ordered one by now... Anyone know the owner? Is he on here? Does he want to hook a brother up? I'd love to get one on the way so I can send back my BSm4, and get that $1,100 dumpster fire refunded to me. 😂
His name is Jan (from CZ). I'm sure he lurks on here but don't know his username. He also responds to emails quick.

It works suppressed without issue. Works on an airgun, too. Basically, works on everything.

If you bought last year when the Euro took a dump, you could have had a discount. 😬 I think the current rate now is $1.15 USD/EUR.

No, that was just picture after the shooting trip :)
Tripod was on ledt side of the rifle, i put a picture.
It did recorded all the shots, every single one.
And deam, i am in love of this radar, it is just so easy to use.
Must buy one of these.
But need to find the money.
I am on sick leave of work, have been 4-months.
andi2.jpg

Reactions: Baron23 and FuhQ
I’ve got an Andiscan, and I really like it. It has worked great for everything I’ve tried except lubricated, lead pistol bullets.