• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Another new guy with BIG dreams!

Kid_Lefty

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2014
Illinois
Hello, my name's Dave. I picked up the nickname "Kid" about five years ago... hence the username. I have been browsing the forums for a couple months and decided I wanted to get involved.

I became interested in firearms about two years ago when there were rumors of Illinois conceal carry ban going away. Now I carry a 1911 and own a Ruger 10/22 that I got in a trade for wiring my father in-law's garage.

I'm a member of a sportsman's club just 3 miles from my house and it has a 200 yard range. I've also been trying to pay off my mortgage by the end of this year so... having a gun range close and putting (almost)every penny towards the house doesn't help me keep much ammo on hand.

BUT, I get this house paid off and I plan on purchasing a .223 rifle and taking a sniper class that's offered locally. AND I will begin building my arsenal!!! (hopefully .22LR, .223, .308, 9mm, and .45ACP)

Anywho, sorry I got longwinded... thanks to everyone that participates on this forum. It has been a terrific learning experience so far and I hope that someday I can contribute.