• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any original members here?

I too have been around here a while. Not since day-one or anything, but quite some time. I remember Ugashik Bob, many others, and this is all before Victor was a Mod. IIRC even our 'join dates' were changed during one of the numerous 'changeovers'. I really REALLY don't want to use the word "transition" anymore. It should be stricken from the language, but that's another story.

Merry Christmas

And before here, was the "Duty Roster".... where MANY got their starts. And many tangents of industry were born...
Ugashik Bob was a solid guy! He and I chatted often and even met up for coffee here in town around 2008 maybe, when he came through for supplies. Wealth of knowledge and experience. I often wonder how he's doing? Or still is?

As for first here, it was 2005 back when I was doing a lot more rifle shooting... like all things, I've drifted to and from with interests in my firearms journey, sort of coming back to the rifles again.

Lurked for a while before I joined in 2009.

A few people I haven't seen, maybe they changed their call sign.

Texgal 338
OneshotST
Pico palo

I liked the chatbox.
Didn’t Pico Palo and others get scammed on that top mounted bipod ordeal back in 2012 or something like that?

I’m original.

However, I have been known to steal memes from the Pit. Does that make me unoriginal?

Reactions: mj1995
I joined in 2012 when i was like 13. Morris Peterson recommended the site to me and told me to read as much as i could until i could purchase my first rifle. I didn't go on here much when it switched to the scout, maybe 3 or 4 logins. Was very pleased to see it go back to the original (original as far as i know it?) Format.

I remember a few folks on here from SH match at RO probably 2009 or 2010. Captain Kick Ass, Frank of course, Lindy, Tony from TAB, Gordy, Terry Cross, and a bunch of others. Also worked matches with the Arizona shooters (Ben Avery & Gunsite - Cory T let me shoot his 338), Nor Cal match 2012 (Vu and company, Frank-lowlight was also there), got to meet SoCal guys, and Sin City Team at local matches in Vegas. Most of those guys aren't on here any more.

I remember going to USO when they were in Brea and meeting Becky, Jeff(?), Jason, Arnold, and JBWIII. Once those EREK knobs got set, they were good to go.

Now I'm old and house poor, and just shoot CZ and Ruger 22LR with Bushnell. LOL

PS I read the BearPit when bored, like when wife is watching Hallmark or HGTV. The wife wants to know "What's so funny." I reply "I'm collecting memes."

Reactions: DIBBS
Name doesn’t ring a bell. I’ve shot with a few OK Sheriffs but I’m not sure if they were members here
Thanks for the reply.
Mike D. a Sheriff, and an ex (think it was Army) sniper use to all shoot together at one range in Ok back when, until he & Frank got cross ways over something. Then he , the sheriff & another all left at the same time. I miss old Mike as he & I chewed some of the same dirt long ago.

Reactions: Snipe260 and tnc
@Foul Mike had posted here. Joined April 2001.
Rest easy my friend.

@Foul Mike had posted here. Joined April 2001.
Rest easy my friend.

I was hesitant to “like” this post.

What a character. He was one of the funniest, most cynical members here. He used to post quite a bit before 2010 and was one hysterical morherfucker.

Ugashik Bob was a solid guy! He and I chatted often and even met up for coffee here in town around 2008 maybe, when he came through for supplies. Wealth of knowledge and experience. I often wonder how he's doing? Or still is?

As for first here, it was 2005 back when I was doing a lot more rifle shooting... like all things, I've drifted to and from with interests in my firearms journey, sort of coming back to the rifles again.
I used to like Bobs stories about the "Growlers"

Thanks for the reply.
Mike D. a Sheriff, and an ex (think it was Army) sniper use to all shoot together at one range in Ok back when, until he & Frank got cross ways over something. Then he , the sheriff & another all left at the same time. I miss old Mike as he & I chewed some of the same dirt long ago.
Steve Suttles is the sniper you mentioned. First a Marine and then National Guard.

Last edited:
While back some young rip-off artist took me for $250 here, rather irritated me but Frank gave me some IP's and I tracked the B*stard down in Houston.
Sent him a photo of his front door and I gleaned major satisfaction from that :)

Anyway I've been building another rifle, albeit slowly.

Hope everyone has as Merry Christmas of course.
Are you still racing outboard motor powered bathtubs? I think that was you.

This place is the finest example of diversity, equity, and inclusion at work.
no actually I think this is the quarantine for all the reprobates Disney didn't hire

2006, checked out in 2011. You can look at my 2023 credit card statements and see the day that I finally logged back in.

Had to get a password reset from the Mods, doing my best to make them regret that

Reactions: mj1995
no actually I think this is the quarantine for all the reprobates Disney didn't hire

2006, checked out in 2011. You can look at my 2023 credit card statements and see the day that I finally logged back in.

Had to get a password reset from the Mods, doing my best to make them regret that
My bank statements are way different depending on how much time i spend on here for the year. I feel ya.

Reactions: R_A_W
2006 for me. Hey what ever happened to Shankster? Did he succumb to a fatty erratic affixation?

Last edited: