• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any original members here?

There used to be a guy here that eventually got permanent banned for picking fights, had a thread on "breaking in" rifles. Think he was from Alaska. He would launch his rifle out onto the ice and rocks to break it in, then shoot small groups. Definitely epic.
That sounds like "BigStick" over on 24hr campfire....

My profile says I joined in 2008, but I think that was a reset date during a web programming change if I remember correctly. I think it was '02ish for me.

Reactions: vwhugger and MJF
That sounds like "BigStick" over on 24hr campfire....

My profile says I joined in 2008, but I think that was a reset date during a web programming change if I remember correctly. I think it was '02ish for me.
The one and only.

2009 here.

I recall an OG member named Lindy or something. I wish I had a screenshot of the forum and how it looked back then. Only thing I remember is the blinking envelope icon when you had an unread message. ✉️
I remember him, a treasure trove of info.

Reactions: earthquake
Here since 2007. Had been reading the posts from Two Shoes, Greg L, and others from the beginning. There was also the now defunct Sniper Country in that era with good information on gear and shooting I miss. The troll factor these days has run off sooo many good names from sharing infromation. Still some gems shine through.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Really, if you avoid the Bear Pit, the troll level isn't that bad, compared to other forums. Especially the more technical forums, and reloading, vintage, they stay pretty informative.

Old, but not OG. 2008

Do you guys remember Ray Boyette? He was a big time optics guy. Really pushed IOR stuff. He was out of NC. I would always run into him at different matches on the Butner range.

I first learned about this site when I was in the a.. going to school in Virginia in 2005. But wasn't told to register as a member until a few years ago.

My post count is over 1,500 but I've been here a LOT longer than that. And that join date that shows up in my profile is WAY WAY off. I used to be RedRyder but then the Scout debacle occurred and I lost a lot of posts and suddenly had an identity crisis. I think I've been here for 20 years at least. I guess having been through so many iterations of this website, I need to start believing in reincarnation.

Last edited:
His name here was NOBODY then changed to Gawdamnright or something close to that. Some epic threads. You either loved him or hated him. No punches pulled
I think Gawdamnright was the guy that did nothing but tell people they have a headspace issue and call them sweetheart.

Not sure exactly when I joined, but it's been a while. Current sig shows 2013, but I was here before one of the restarts, and have re-joined at least once. Definitely remember the switch to (and from!) Scout.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
03 for me, but I just lurk. I find I learn more with my mouth shut and my ears (or eyes) open.

I used to be on SC Duty Roster. Lindy hung out there along with Kent G, Medic Jim, Kevin M. Rich B. and quite a few others that knew a lot more about shooting than me. I came here after meeting Frank, when he pulled in to the parking lot, at a match at Badlands, with Kevin M. blaring Kid Rock on the stereo. LOL

03 for me, but I just lurk. I find I learn more with my mouth shut and my ears (or eyes) open.

I used to be on SC Duty Roster. Lindy hung out there along with Kent G, Medic Jim, Kevin M. Rich B. and quite a few others that knew a lot more about shooting than me. I came here after meeting Frank, when he pulled in to the parking lot, at a match at Badlands, with Kevin M. blaring Kid Rock on the stereo. LOL
Are you sure it wasn’t lady Gaga?

Reactions: jrassy

I remember Rich B. What is he up to now?
Where is the plate chicken? He was one of us

Last edited:
'07 as well here. I remember the NOBODY days, and then I left for a while around the time this place went to SCOUT.

We've gained and lost some really knowledgeable dudes here over the years. I hope the ones that left still enjoy the hobby.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodlanddude
The pre-Scout days were fun. I loved the chat box. The original girlfriend thread was epic (was it Doorkicker that had everyone in awe?).

I remember one night @UKDslayer made chat extra fun.

If you’re talking about the bacon-bra incident, that wasn’t UKDSlayer….

Reactions: UKDslayer
I have been a member since Sept. 2001.
But as I only have 11 posts, some will claim I am not real!
DAAYYummmm. Are you still here, Bill?

I'll vouch for him, Bender (I know you're just kiddin') because I remember BW73 damn near poppin' the same line at ~7 posts. Bender, Lindy, Medic Jim, Ray always with the IORs--turned me on to my first "quality" spotting scope, the old IOR Valdada--man, was that long ago--I haven't thought of that brand in years... Bender, hope you're doin' well!

March 2002 for me.
Made it to Texas (Jacob Bynums Rifles Only Ranch and Bill at Tac Pro)a few times for competitions with my first rifle 308 Remington LTR and TASCO scope. Second rifle was 26 inch Remington Police rifle 308 with IOR 10X scope. 3rd rifle was Remington Police rifle in 7mm Magnum with Leupold M4 scope.

Lost all these and more when crazy X wife emptied gun safe and sold them while I was out flying (FYI she was the unfaithful one)
IMG_7798.jpeg

It was at SHC 2006 I realized i needed to get away from 308 if I wanted to stay competitive.

Reactions: mikeinfwa
I can’t remember when I joined, but can never forget a few members from ye ole days. Shanksters story about one of his fattys farting during sex, then coming back from the shitter trailing teepee is burned in my brain forever.

Still got the patch from the Scout exfill, (thanks Sirhr!!!) and remember when LL announced going there. Thought it wasn’t going to end well at the time... Nice job on the recon Arctic, first used that tactic in a previous life as the first step in ‘fixing a problem‘. Let people create their own hell based on their fears, just give ‘‘em a little kindling😀