• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Any word on Bighorn action deliveries or when available at dealers??

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
Anyone hear when actions from Bighorn will be delivered to some of their customers and dealers??

I know Mr. Goddard was backed up for awhile but have not heard his recent status on actions??

Thanks!!

What caliber is that action supposed to be for?

edit . I asked Third Gen Shooting Supply. It is for a .308 bolt face.

Last edited:
AJ told me that some AW mag cut TL2 actions would be shipping in the "next month or so" on 10 July. I am patiently waiting.

I wish he would start accepting custom orders again, so I could get a sporter action with AW mag cut (would like to easily top load now-and-again).

I got his new action in a L.A. for a 7saum build about 9 months ago. Awesome rifle! The benefits of being 1/2 hour away I guess.

I got his new action in a L.A. for a 7saum build about 9 months ago. Awesome rifle! The benefits of being 1/2 hour away I guess.

How about running over and picking up my SR2 long action for me?? LOL!!

I have been waiting for about 4 months now, hopefully its ready soon!!

It will be worth the wait! A.J. is a mad scientist machinist. It doesn't get any better. I got his earlier S.A.tac for a 260 build a couple of years ago.
Mark Chanlynn is 15 minutes away, so he does all my tubes. Two of the best in the business!
I just wish I could shoot.

AJ told me that some AW mag cut TL2 actions would be shipping in the "next month or so" on 10 July. I am patiently waiting.

I wish he would start accepting custom orders again, so I could get a sporter action with AW mag cut (would like to easily top load now-and-again).

I have 2 of the tactical actions from a couple years ago. The port and top on mine is the same as the Tacs now.

I have absolutely no trouble top feeding and single feeding or clearing any kind of jams out. If that's the only thing stopping you from getting a TL w/ AW mag cut then my advice, from having run about 12k rounds through one and 3k through another, is not to worry about it and just rock the Tactical.

I agree with bohem. I have a long and a short action tactical, they just run. I did get a 40 moa base from murphy precision for the long. A.J. does 20s or 0.

It will be worth the wait! A.J. is a mad scientist machinist. It doesn't get any better. I got his earlier S.A.tac for a 260 build a couple of years ago.
Mark Chanlynn is 15 minutes away, so he does all my tubes. Two of the best in the business!
I just wish I could shoot.

Mark builds all of my rifles too. I have the very first long action AJ produced and Mark built it into a .300WM hammer.