• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone ever done d.wilson's Surefire thread adapter conversion?

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Since picking up my FA762SS for my XM3 I really and I mean really like surefire's mounting system. It's an honest shame they don't sell them separately in 1.375x24 TPI. However d.wilsonmfg will turn down a trainer to create an adapter. This has me thinking of picking up 2 trainers and having two mounts fabricated for my Resonator K and Turbo K. Then I can move my 14.5" to a 13.9" with a warcomp. Later pick up a socom 762 Ti for my 7SS, AR10s, and a MK13 Mod 7 clone.

Just curious if anyone has done this? I emailed Dave to see what his thoughts were, my only concern was the distance to blast baffle on the two cans.

$469 for the trainer + $175 for the service? I’ll just buy another suppressor. Hell, you’re looking at enough to have a spare resonatorK or turboK. Or, just buy a surefire can.

Reactions: TheOE800
    Yeah it’s an expensive endeavor. Hoping i can catch some trainers on sale or used for cheap.

Waste of money for Surefire’s carbon-locking mechanism and I say that as a proud owner of 3 Surefire cans.

Reactions: reubenski