• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Anyone ever had this happen with their optic?

bwatson8541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2009
Baytown Texas
I purchased a used SN-3 SSDS here recently and was able to get it in and installed before my hunting trip. This is my first high end rifle/scope package I have had since getting out in 05.

Got to the lease and sighted it in, but could not get the zero stops to work. (My own fault not realizing I had to hold the allen still and turn the turret to the stop.) Any way after re-zeroing twice we get out the instructions again to got step by step.

My friend reads and I follow along, twisted the allen all the way counter clockwise till it stops, then twisted the turret counterclockwise till its suppose to stop, but instead it popped off. The two detent bearings and springs fell out luckily not falling into the scope.
At this point my stomach is on the ground and knowing the unfortunate call I’m going to have to make to USO to get it fixed and how much it would be.

We managed to find all the pieces and took it inside to assess the damage. After finger f*#king it for about an hour we start trying to reassemble it. The bearings flew out a couple of times and we had our faces to the ground for a while till we found them. At one point he sticks a bearing in the hole without the spring and it gets stuck. We can’t get it out with a magnet so I try sucking it out, it rolled down into the cap just far enough with the lighting that I couldn’t see it so for about 5 min I thought I swallowed it, but after 2 hours it was back together.

Went back out and sighted it in like the old Unertals with the allen key, everything seems to be working fine, the detents and zero stops stop in the appropriate areas and it held its zero over the next two days.

Needless to say I was relieved, just thought I would share my Christmas miracle. I definitely have a better understanding of the inner workings now, of this scope because of my own stupidity and impatiens.

Re: Anyone ever had this happen with their optic?

You got out in 05........Unfortunate incarceration?
You sucked a bearing out of your scope. Is that on You Tube?
LOL!!!!
This is funny stuff.
Maybe there is a USO ad here....
USO Optics. So tuff not even my buddy & I could F'em up!

Glad everything worked out. I might still give them a call. They might want to see it just to be sure all is well.

Re: Anyone ever had this happen with their optic?

So this guy sends me a text with a photo of a target attached. The target has one ragged hole just to the right and on line with the center bull, says I broke my scope, but managed to fix it. This is the confirmation target.

"Broke my scope,but managed to fix it" WTF does that mean?

I guess I know now. I would have paid serious money to have had a front row seat to that show!!!!

Paul