• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone on a Keto diet? I'll probably die, but oh well.

I’ve been doing keto for several months. I went from 275 to 215 and have kind of stalled there. I decided to get a gym membership to get things moving in the right direction again.
Read my earlier post. It may help. Exercise will definately benefit you and is great for the body. Eat three meals a day with no snacks and stop before you feel full. You will start progressing again.
I did the Keto diet without realizing it and lost 52 lbs. I just cut out the carbs, soda, sugars and it was amazing the weight just fell off over 10 weeks. at the end I actually began to wonder if I could stop it.
Good job man. Dont stop. 2 1/2 years and going strong here.

Its been about a week now. Havent weighed myself and dont intend to. Cant say whether or not Ive lost weight and dont care. Pants feel a bit more comfortable at the waist.

As Badfinger states this is kind of a "No shit you lost weight" lifestyle. Cutting out all the crap food has to result in weight loss.

One thing I do notice is that I dont get "HUNGER" during the day like I did previously. Sure I might get some hungry feeling but its not shakes and the feeling that I have to eat "NOW" or Ill pass out. I can tell that the fuel level is staying constant without peaks and troughs as carbs are introduced and consumed.

Besides I get to eat bacon. Dinner last night was a hamburger, no bun, bacon slices, an avacado quarter (so metro) and three slices of cheese.

Good stuff.

Added benefit if you like to piss, you will piss alot.

Reactions: man32ahan
Pmclaine, you will definately piss a lot the first week or so. Just the body ridding itself of excess fluid its been holding on to. You will normalize soon. Lol

Pmclaine, you will definately piss a lot the first week or so. Just the body ridding itself of excess fluid its been holding on to. You will normalize soon. Lol

That's how I discovered I was "Keto" I went to my doctor because I couldn't drink enough water, it never tasted so good and was peeing about every 30 minutes or so. :eek:

Due to health issues, I had to cut out most carbs even the "healthy" ones.
I used to eat a lot of rice, pasta etc.

Cut out the carbs for the most part and went on mostly Proteins, meat, eggs, cheese, cream, butter, cottage cheese, yoghurt, Tons of fresh Salad, lots of almonds, pecans and walnuts, and a little bit of Ezekiel bread. I lost about 50 pounds in about 8 months.

Tried a few different variants, but once I put in the correct amount of natural full fat stuff, the hunger pains went away.
Eating enough natural fat is kind of important as to long term balance and being not miserable.

The problem is trying to find actual real foods that are not full of "fillers" for example in the cottage cheese, in the local supermarket, only 1 brand out of the whole shelf was just plain cheese and salt and cream, all the others (and especially the "low fat" ones) had piles of fillers.

Eat low fat nothing. These products are usually loaded with fillers including sugar. Finding real foods without fillers is easy. You listed tons of them. You are looking for processed foods without fillers and yes that is a problem. Stay away from those as best you can. You are absolutely correct about eating plenty of natural fat (real butter, meat fat, nuts, seeds, olive oil, etc) Without plenty of fat you will fail a low carb diet. It is not
Possible to eat low fat and low carbs. Not sustainable. Sounds like you got it figured out. Keep up the good work man.

I did it once years ago and saw results that made me think I was going crazy. Stopped after I had a really strange episode after ruck marching outside for 2 hours and when I made it back to the house I had some sort of really weird collapse/seizure/something that I've never had before and nothing close to since. I stopped and went back to a regular diet as I always felt a little different on keto and the episode I had just felt like it somehow had something to do with it.

You were right.

I recommend you find a neurologist RFN before you continue with this shit (if you still are).

Trust me, if you have an underlying neurological issue, you need to find it and fix it.

Keto diets were first used to combat neurological disorders such as seizures. My wife has chronic migraines that put her in the hospital. Hasnt had one in two years while on a ketogenic diet.

TheGerman if you had seizures i hope you got checked out.

Here are my recent blood test mumbers.
28E7EBC0-254A-4000-8F93-F8723BDB2809.jpeg

Reactions: natdscott
That's how I discovered I was "Keto" I went to my doctor because I couldn't drink enough water, it never tasted so good and was peeing about every 30 minutes or so. :eek:

Thats how we discovered my daughter, 5 YOA at the time, was Diabetic Type I. She couldnt possibly get enough water and despite being well trained she started wetting the bed again.

Pediatrician said it was nothing.

Googling "My kid is thirsty and wets the bed" lead us to demand a blood test for sugar levels.

She was in the hospital within an hour or so of the results.

New Keto guy here, and I agree, it’s amazing and incredibly simple when you think about it. All the stuff our mothers told us was bad to eat, actually is.

I now have been blessed with a very healthy wife who tells me the same. Took me two years to listen to her, but once I did, only recently, same results. Still it’s a journey.

Attachments

• 86A70AC3-7134-480F-BB7E-D9C41C0F02EA.jpeg
    86A70AC3-7134-480F-BB7E-D9C41C0F02EA.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 65
Keto works for me. Depends on your goals, but sticking to the less than 20g of carbs a day and meeting your macro needs has worked for me. Just dropping some unwanted flab before summer...easy to maintain after that. It's the winters here that kill me!!!

I didn't really start off with a baseline weight when I began the diet so I can't say what I have lost from the get go but within the last month I've had a good handle on it and have lost about 5 pounds.

I'm thinking a pound a week is good sustainable healthy weight loss.

One thing I do notice is I have a healthy "background hunger" throughout the day. It's not an uncomfortable hunger it's an "alert" hunger.

When I ate carbs just prior to lunch my hunger would be accompanied by shakes. It wasn't a good hunger it was a "weakening hunger". I usually PT just about 1100. If I couldn't get in to the gym at that time and delayed eating I felt that the workout would have sucked and I'd eat instead.

Now my fat keeps me fueled and just aware of the background hunger.

I do miss cake and ice cream but I have not suffered eating the meals.

Breakfast is fantastic. 4-5 half strips of bacon cooked in a cast iron pan, two fried eggs, 3-4 slices of yellow cheese on top, pour the bacon fat on top of everything and chop it up. My favorite meal of the day and lots of fuel. I use to feel guilty eating that style breakfast.

Other meals include fish, salads with extra dressing, cauliflower, broccoli, squash noodles, pork, chicken.......it's all good, no sacrifice.

I'll be interested to see what happens with my blood test results over time. I have a history of steady excellent numbers and I hope that continues.

Just started the Keto diet, for the second time this year. Originally started mid March, but had to stop because the woman and I got the flu (the real flu, not the Keto flu). Its tough to be on Keto and have dietary restrictions. All I wanted to eat was chicken noodle soup, chicken pho, etc. It's tough trying to eat a full fat/super low carb diet when sick.

Fast forward to 4/9 and I'm back on it. No keto flu last time, and I'm not feeling it this time either. One thing though, I do tend to crave a literal shit ton of pickles, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough salts and electrolytes from the brine to keep the keto flu away.

In March, I started off weighing 308 lbs. When I got sick I was down to 298. I put on a couple pounds while sick and before starting Keto again. Up to 307, and my final goal weight of 210. I've tried Paleo, and it was great, but I was always hungry. I tried just plain eating healthy and exercise and while I did loose weight, I didn't ever see the results I was going for and progress was painfully slow. Now on Keto, I'm getting more energy, and I'm willing to do more activities. Before, it was a chore to try to even just get up to take the dogs for a walk to the park. Now I feel like I just want to move all day, which is good because I need to drop some pounds and gain some stamina for hunting season this year. My goal for late 2018 and beyond is to sustain myself entirely off of home grown veggies, eggs that my chickens lay and meat that I have hunted and harvested myself. Trying to hunt/fish/farm myself away from the grocery store. I believe that Keto can help me achieve all of these goals.

Ill report back when I'm a month or so into it.

Last edited:
I've dropped 15lbs in the past 3 weeks. Poweraid Zero has no carbs and no sugar but does have electrolytes, I drink @70oz of water and 30oz of it a day and haven't had the keto flu. Also, Atkins has some snacks and bars that actually taste good and have really low carb counts that can help with the hunger.

Keto for 4 months here, i've gone from 183 to 161, took a 3 week break from it due to some travel. I dont need to lose weight, i never really did, but i will continue the diet just for the increased energy and better sleep, that alone is worth it.

Anyone notice increased "night sweats".

Im getting good sleep.

If I wake up in a "sweat" I know Im in deep sleep and Im probably having alot of brain activity which during sleep is actually rest for the brain.

The reason Im waking up is the increased water intake. No helping the "bladder alarm".

Im guessing its also a metabolism thing.

Anyone notice increased "night sweats".

Im getting good sleep.

If I wake up in a "sweat" I know Im in deep sleep and Im probably having alot of brain activity which during sleep is actually rest for the brain.

The reason Im waking up is the increased water intake. No helping the "bladder alarm".

Im guessing its also a metabolism thing.

No night sweats here, the bladder alarm is definitely true though. I never used to wake up before my alarm to use the bathroom, now it is every day. All due to a good thing though, i definitely didnt drink enough water before.

I've dropped 15lbs in the past 3 weeks. Poweraid Zero has no carbs and no sugar but does have electrolytes, I drink @70oz of water and 30oz of it a day and haven't had the keto flu. Also, Atkins has some snacks and bars that actually taste good and have really low carb counts that can help with the hunger.

Pork Rinds are also a great no carb snack, and a good way to get some fats. Just be careful of the protein intake though as it can bump you out of keto.

Pork Rinds are also a great no carb snack, and a good way to get some fats. Just be careful of the protein intake though as it can bump you out of keto.

I ve pissed on a few keto sticks and will register "some" color.

A co worker is getting bummed out about this diet because he doesnt think he is in ketosis.

I asked if he is losing weight and he says he has.

He just doesnt feel that he is in ketosis and wonders if he is not eating enough fat.

My thoughts are "Was the goal to get into ketosis or to lose weight?"

Reactions: natdscott
Excellent point about differentiation, mclaine.

If you are not under an Rx and Neurologist-monitored and administered Ketogenic diet to try to save your life and/or quality of life, then probably being in true ketosis doesn't matter a whole bunch provided everything else is working.

-Nate

Excellent point about differentiation, mclaine.

If you are not under an Rx and Neurologist-monitored and administered Ketogenic diet to try to save your life and/or quality of life, then probably being in true ketosis doesn't matter a whole bunch provided everything else is working.

-Nate

Truth be told based on what this diet has caused me to cut out of my menu I dont see how I could fail to lose weight.

What the diet does is help me overcome the mental block that a "diet" must cause me to eliminate things like BACON or other good tasting foods resulting in sacrifice, boredom and eventually failure.

Im eating good and losing weight.........win win!

I am a huge fan of Keto type diets. Banting is what i switched to a few years ago, and it really is a better way to eat. Check out the book The Real Meal Revolution. Tons of great info, and tons a of great recipes.

For you guys just starting, my only advice is to stick with it for a solid 6 months before judging. Also, don't try to replace your favorite sweets and carbs with sugar substitutes and the like. Just accept the fact that you can't eat that junk and embrace the high fat. I thought I knew how to eat, but every month on the diet taught me something new and I tweaked what I was doing.

Just for what its worth, I've never been overweight and always had 7 pack abs. 5'6", 150#. Benched 250, crossfit since it came to the east coast. Banting improved so many aspects of my daily life, and weight loss was never the issue.

I've been on Keto for about a year. 267 to 203. Never any negative effects. The importance of consuming enough fat can't be overstated.

Intermittent fasting works extremely well when paired with Keto. Stable blood sugar means your hunger cravings are held in check.

More than with most diets, DISCIPLINE is the name of the game. Eating a Snickers or grabbing an IPA can ruin your diet for several days. When I do cheat, a 24-36-hour fast usually gets me back on track.

Reactions: SLG
Down 12 pounds or so since February.

Wondering about keeping a healthy "Gut" on a low carb diet. I was covering it with some yogurt but switched to an Almond oil yogurt that I suspect has plenty of good fat but no "good bugs".

Any recommendations on what to keep the gut bugs healthy?

Reactions: SLG
I've only been on 3.5 weeks and I've lost 8 lbs and that was NOT my objective, more interested in the clarity of mind and energy aspects. I have been on a dairy-less version, so I guess "paleo-inspired" keto diet since then and I'm finally in the rhythm of planning things out with some ease. According to the pee strips you use to monitor excess ketones, I'm riding a solid moderate or 4.0, but as @BuhLockay states, discipline IS this diet. You have to plan everything thing and at this point, I can wing it a bit, but using Real Plans to lay out my menu for a week then MyFitnessPal has been a winning combo to keep my numbers in line, give or take.

I'm trying this sans dairy to see if all of the lactose = inflammatory response stuff is valid for my ecosystem down there, perhaps that's something to consider @pmclaine? Otherwise they say bone broth is good for the gut, among other things. Not that it adds more microbes or anything, but that between the electrolytes and their inherent basic constituents, it has a healing/balancing effect on all things in that arena.

Just my 2cents though. So far so good, I have by no means experienced nirvana on this diet, but I will tell you as a bachelor what was slashed to astonishing effect, my monthly food bill, as in hundreds saved and I eat like a damn king! I love cooking, so getting to bust out the most decadent flavorful ingredients meal after meal? The effort is worth it based on those two things along, the sustained energy throughout the day without the usual roller coaster is a huge bonus on top of that, for myself anyways...

I dont think Im as disciplined with the planning and counting as others are.

I know the coworker that explained it to me was dialed into a site and kept a strict regimen.

My biggest gains I believe to have come from avoiding almost all simple carbohydrates.

Otherwise this is the easiest diet in the world.

Im not exactly dairy free as cheese and butter make up a portion of my fats.

Someone wants to try this here is my almost daily intake.

1. Morning

Table spoon of butter in cast iron pan, 5 1/2 strips bacon, two eggs cooked in the bacon fat, 2-3 slices cheese over the eggs after flipping, eggs and bacon into bowl, bacon fat poured over eggs, bacon and cheese. Lick the bowl clean.

2. Mid morning snack

Half cup berry mix - strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, blacberries

3. Pre workout snack

Similar half cup berries with two teaspoons of Almond yogurt and a 1 inch by 1 inch square of 90% cocoa dark chocolate

4. Lunch

Perhaps a leftover burger or half steak (about quarter to half pound of meat), maybe some leftover chicken from dinner the night before. Whatever it is usually gets a healthy dose of olive oil in the container. If Im in a hurry or didnt have leftovers Ill mix up a can of tuna with 1/4 cup olive oil and mayo.

5. After noon snack

1/4 cup of mixed nuts, walnuts, almonds, macadamias, brazil nuts, cashews with a 1 inch x 1inch square of 90% cocoa dark chocolate.

6. Dinner

Varies - Salmon or haddock with some oily no sugar marinade, a burger with bacon, avocado and cheese on top (no bun), a salad with extra no sugar dressing, cheese, meat, avocado or tuna added, chicken roasted with skin and whatever no sugar crap you want to coat it with, last night we coated the chicken with Greek salad dressing. Some sort of veg side - Brocoli, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, spinach - no starches.

7. Pre bed snack

1/4 cup or so of mixed nuts

My water intake has gone down since when I started. Still more than pre keto though, 3x32 oz Nalgenes per day is typical.

I maintain a healthy "alert" hunger and dont get pre meal weakness as per a carb diet.

Been working for me, no hassle other than making sure I clean and load my snack/lunch containers each evening.

My goal was weight loss and Im meeting my goal.

Im hot now, Id fuck me.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're riding the line of staying in ketosis for your metabolism, which works. Have you tested to see if you're running of ketones though? Those piss strips are dirt cheap, may not be the most accurate, but will at least let you know how deep you are or at least if you are in ketosis. I do think I saw dramatic results cause I nailed the 75% fat - 5% carb - 20% protein proportion of daily cal intake most of the time. I also made sure of this cause the glucose -> ketone switch would've been worse had I not just jumped to the other side. I've been doing cardio off and on too, so I need to make sure I'm not running on fumes, but it is a strange and steady energy.

In my statement above, I by no means was saying don't include dairy, excluding it makes the diet even harder to get fats, but that's where MCT powder and macadamia nuts come in, sweet buttery macadamias... I have absolutely nothing against dairy, especially aged cheeses and will be looking to bring those back past a month and see how I fair. To make things easier on myself, I have stayed away from all fruits, which I miss some of, but the craving have gone away, weird to think about.

The water intake is key too, seems as though your body sheds the most water weight, especially that stored directly in lipids, when you're downing about a gallon a day, which I think is where I'm at at the end of the day.

You're doing the one thing that I do as well, use ALL the fats from cooking, just divvy it up between servings, then I think the nutritional values are a little more accurate. If I can't hit my numbers, I've noticed that using a tablespoon of olive or coconut oil is a great way of straightening things out.

Good that you can lay out your routine for others too, I'd just be able to call out recipes, which is worthless and why I think most folks are turned off by this. I plan on riding it out for a while still, might be hard traveling for work though.

Yes I miss the 2-3 servings of apple or banana I used to eat daily. The berries are low glycemic so they fill in okay but I dont eat my fill of them, just enough.

My daughter is Type 1 diabetic which was the reason I believed this diet has a scientific basis to it. Im aware of ketones and what low carb does in her system (not good) but understood that in someone with a working pancreas there could be benefits.

You just learned me! Based on my half-assed reading of the science behind a lot of this diet, yet I assure I have read quite a bit on it, I thought outright that any variant of diabetes would be well met by this diet as it suppresses insulin production to some degree. But, now that you mention it, I recall hearing that the type of diabetic can have very different things going on with respect to blood sugars.

You just learned me! Based on my half-assed reading of the science behind a lot of this diet, yet I assure I have read quite a bit on it, I thought outright that any variant of diabetes would be well met by this diet as it suppresses insulin production to some degree. But, now that you mention it, I recall hearing that the type of diabetic can have very different things going on with respect to blood sugars.

When my daughter gets sick, and as most people when sick she wont eat, we note that her blood sugar level runs at a pretty steady level.

You would think not eating would cause lows but she stays steady.

Generally we try and feed her some liquid with sugar - popsicles.

So the popsicle gives her some glucose and keeps her blood sugar steady.

With insulin and such small doses of glucose she risks a low.

But without insulin her body wont utilize the glucose.

So her body turns to eating her fat, which she has very little of, and muscle which than builds ketones in her blood fast.

We get between a rock and a hard place when she is sick.

She wont eat enough food so that we can provide enough insulin to keep her body fueled. This results in a steady blood sugar level. But failing to provide insulin results in the body requiring fuel from ketones which she will not burn and they build up leading to keto acidosis.

Caretakers just checking blood glucose will typically think things are great until the piss on a stick or take a blood stick and check ketones finding out the person is going 5 or higher fast.

Ive talked about my ketone habits and diabetes with the endocronologist. There is a plaque on a building just outside the Joslin Clinic in Boston noting the location of where I think it was the first administration of insulin in the US occured. A diabetic woman was the patient. She was living into her late thirties with the condition which was amazing at the time. Ive been told she basically ate butter or fasted but was rail thin and sickly. The insulin saved her life and I think she lived into her 60s.

Why guess....

Here are the facts....

http://blog.joslin.org/2017/08/the-first-dose-of-insulin/

A Type 2 diabetic, insulin resistant vs insulin dependant Type 1, probably would see greater benefit from this diet.

Thanks for the info, that sounds difficult to say the least seeing a loved one fight with such a condition, hope it gets easier for you with time...

I just need to dial this a bit more and get my energy levels better and I think I'm in a good place.

Thanks for the info, that sounds difficult to say the least seeing a loved one fight with such a condition, hope it gets easier for you with time...

I just need to dial this a bit more and get my energy levels better and I think I'm in a good place.

Dealing with diabetes these days, the technology available, is very manageable.

Its only an issue for a 9 year old girl regards the visibility of equipment and the lack of spontaneity without performing a dosage but really its not that bad.

There are worse things.

Everyone else mentions sleeping better on keto. I am about a week in - no keto flu signs, but worst sleep of the last decade. Anybody else running into this?

That is the flu, or at least part of it. It's like just being wired, but drained, mind not even running... It passes, it did for me anyways.

I'm finishing up my 6th week on Keto and have lost 17lbs down from 207. While I haven't broke any of my PR's I'm not to far from them either. I never experienced keto flu though I do experience the Woosh at least once or twice ever other week. I do track macros not so much calories though I try to make it a point to stay under my BMR intake but no hard numbers. Right now I try to stay 5% Carbs / 75% Fats / 20% Proteins, I get my labs done at least once every 3 weeks and so far besides my blood sugars being low (for oblivious reason) Labs are coming back pretty normal.

I did it once years ago and saw results that made me think I was going crazy. Stopped after I had a really strange episode after ruck marching outside for 2 hours and when I made it back to the house I had some sort of really weird collapse/seizure/something that I've never had before and nothing close to since. I stopped and went back to a regular diet as I always felt a little different on keto and the episode I had just felt like it somehow had something to do with it.

Anyone do it? I have my macros all mapped out already and am trying to find sites where you can pretty much get a meal plan for 1, 2+ weeks at a time for your parameters (2200 cals, 165 protein, 25 carb, 160 fat) and just shop, cook and be done. Finding recipes and trying to mix/match them to make daily meals that fit into my parameters is what makes me stop doing shit like this.

I've been doing Keto for about 6 months now and I'm a huge fan, down about 40lbs and don't feel like I'm starving to death or suffering at all. The 6 months before that I was working out 3 days a week with a trainer and hadn't lost more than 10 lbs. Finally jumped into the Keto diet and the weight has been pretty steadily coming off since. I am dealing with insulin resistance as well so the Dr recommended it. Lots and lots of info on youtube about Keto but Dr Eric Berg seems to be in the know, check out his stuff. Keto isn't just protein and fats, the greens and minerals are a huge part of your diet and planning.

I am doing something similar to the keto diet, it is called primal diet. Works by cutting down on carbs and sugars while upping good fats and protein. Friend of mine is a doc and recommend it to me after he did it himself. Took me about 2mo to loose 22lbs and now I am on the maintenance schedule. I was 6'2'' and 189lbs. Great to be back in the 160's makes my knees feel better and my pants fit better lol. And the best part is I don't have to feel like I'm starving all day, you can eat till your full and still loose weight. I know sounds like a infomercial but it really dose work and you can eat all the bacon you want which was a seller for me lol.

I am doing something similar to the keto diet, it is called primal diet. Works by cutting down on carbs and sugars while upping good fats and protein. Friend of mine is a doc and recommend it to me after he did it himself. Took me about 2mo to loose 22lbs and now I am on the maintenance schedule. I was 6'2'' and 189lbs. Great to be back in the 160's makes my knees feel better and my pants fit better lol. And the best part is I don't have to feel like I'm starving all day, you can eat till your full and still loose weight. I know sounds like a infomercial but it really dose work and you can eat all the bacon you want which was a seller for me lol.

What kind of maintenance schedule are you on?

What kind of maintenance schedule are you on?
I keep my carbs down to 100-125 per day. Except for Friday nights that is pizza and beer no carbs counted on dinner that night. lol

I changed my eating habits for 10 weeks now. I work graveyard hours so eating can be a challenge. I went from 3 meals a day with plenty of rice, breads, and pastas to eating twice a day. I still have my coffee with creamer and sucralose sweetener (gotta have my sweetener). Since I get up at 6pm, I eat chicken and vegetables after roll call which is right about 10pm. Between then and 4am, I have coffee and a snack such as jerky or a small amount of pistachios. At 4am, I order and huge chicken cobb salad with Balsamic or honey mustard dressing. I finish work and go to bead around 830 am. I don't eat anything from bedtime until that evening after roll call.

On my day off, I make sure my first meal does not come until after six hours of being awake. I first tried this as a bet from a co-worker as a lifestyle change until I reach my ideal body weight (180 pounds). So far I've gone from 255 to 210 (40 pound loss). Once I get to my ideal weight, I will eat carbs in moderation. The first few days (2-3), I was miserable but my body adjusted, no headaches, no stomach rumbling.

I still have my coffee with creamer and sucralose sweetener (gotta have my sweetener)..

Try this, find some heavy whipping cream that is just straight heavy whipping cream, nothing added, nothing taken out, no "stabilizers" or BS. I use the Land O Lakes brand. Do your coffee with that instead of creamer & sweetener. When you check the nutrition label it should have just about no carbs or sugars, and pretty much all fat.

The fat will bind with the coffee and make it not bitter & before long you'll never miss sweetener again.

Reactions: jfk
1. Focus on protein intake, limit carbs, and use fat as the lever to get to your calorie goal.
2. Salt everything heavily. Electrolytes are something you need to watch on this type of diet. I will even take a teaspoon of salt as a preworkout.
3. Full fat adaptation can take several months. Stay the course.
4. It is possible to overdo it on fat intake, so be mindful of that as you adapt and adjust.

Try this, find some heavy whipping cream that is just straight heavy whipping cream, nothing added, nothing taken out, no "stabilizers" or BS. I use the Land O Lakes brand. Do your coffee with that instead of creamer & sweetener. When you check the nutrition label it should have just about no carbs or sugars, and pretty much all fat.

The fat will bind with the coffee and make it not bitter & before long you'll never miss sweetener again.
Thats how I drink my coffee on the diet that I'm on too. After a couple weeks I actually like it better that way instead of creamer and sweeter.

Another helpful tip I used. I love ice cream but it is really high in carbs. So instead now I take heavy whipping cream and a favorite frozen fruit for me its blue berry's and put them together in a bowl and hand mix if you stir long enough it turns in to almost a ice cream texture and is really good.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I'll only vouch for what I have done. about 20 months ago I was around 270 pounds, my height is around 5'10" so not a good look. I started working with a local dietician and she put me on the keto diet. Today I'm under 210, trying to get to 200. I try to eat less than 20 carbs a day, I generally do fairly light work outs 3-4 times a week. Not saying that this works for everyone, i know it worked really well for me.

Reactions: pmclaine and SLG