• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

April Houston gun show 22LR prices...

So what everyone is saying is that my brick of CCI SV that I got in the fall is worth tens of thousands if not bagillions of dollars?

No I wouldn't say that. Just like gold, your 22 ammo is worth what it has always been worth. Your Fed backed paper will buy less. That is the truth of it all. When it all calms down and stabilizes I doubt that bricks of bulk will return to pre panic prices. I have bulk Federal that I bought back in 2007 for $15. The same stuff I bought pre panic was $24. This clearly illustrates what your paper money is worth and how much QE has hurt the middle class. I expect if the panic ever subsides, that same bulk Federal of which I speak will fetch $35 at its cheapest.
This can all be proven in anything you buy but few people are paying attention, but they are damn sure paying more. With the repeated versions of QE that will continue, this will only get worse.
Is the ammo worth what the OP originally lamented? In my opinion no, but a thing is often worth what someone is willing to pay. I am not willing to pay that and many others as well. It will come down but I doubt it returns to mid 2012 prices. We will never see 2007 prices again unless something really bad happens and you end up buying it will some new kind of currency. If that happens You may be able to buy a brick for a dollar...but that dollar would have to be backed by silver most likely. If all that happens other problems may dictate that brick would be worth a $5 gold piece...its coming, and there seems few have the desire or ability to stop the slide.

So what everyone is saying is that my brick of CCI SV that I got in the fall is worth tens of thousands if not bagillions of dollars?

No I wouldn't say that. Just like gold, your 22 ammo is worth what it has always been worth. Your Fed backed paper will buy less. That is the truth of it all. When it all calms down and stabilizes I doubt that bricks of bulk will return to pre panic prices. I have bulk Federal that I bought back in 2007 for $15. The same stuff I bought pre panic was $24. This clearly illustrates what your paper money is worth and how much QE has hurt the middle class. I expect if the panic ever subsides, that same bulk Federal of which I speak will fetch $35 at its cheapest.
This can all be proven in anything you buy but few people are paying attention, but they are damn sure paying more. With the repeated versions of QE that will continue, this will only get worse.
Is the ammo worth what the OP originally lamented? In my opinion no, but a thing is often worth what someone is willing to pay. I am not willing to pay that and many others as well. It will come down but I doubt it returns to mid 2012 prices. We will never see 2007 prices again unless something really bad happens and you end up buying it will some new kind of currency. If that happens You may be able to buy a brick for a dollar...but that dollar would have to be backed by silver most likely. If all that happens other problems may dictate that brick would be worth a $5 gold piece...its coming, and there seems few have the desire or ability to stop the slide.

All the same folks whining about gouging now are the same ones that whined about it after the '08 election and are the same ones that will be back whining about it after the 2016 election. Some people don't learn, and if that means they have to pay far above what things should cost it merely demonstrates that there is a wide range of intelligence within society. Snooze = lose.