• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AR-10/LR-308/etc dry firing woes......solved.

Aaron 12345

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Its no secret that dry firing the big ARs is a pain because the bolt is so heavy and the standard charging handle latch is so tiny, which is why I haven't really done much of it, until now. I purchased a Mech Armor Defense charging handle latch, and it makes cycling the action much easier. Also, during a precision rifle class a couple days ago, I had a double feed, and the extra purchase I got on the latch made it much easier to clear quickly.

Most are currently going overseas with troops, but the the owner was nice enough to pull one from a distributor to get it out to me in time for the class. I'm glad I found it, and I recommend it to anyone who has a big AR, which is why I'm making this post.

http://www.mechdefense.com/TacOps-1.html

Re: AR-10/LR-308/etc dry firing woes......solved.

Looks nice and all but I just have a question and comment about:

"4) Eyes and weapon on target during reload and jam clearing."
As stated in the link you provided.

What does this have to do with the charging handle?

How can you keep the weapon on target clearing a double feed more so how does this charging handle help with that?

Cool product though and I'm sure it makes dryfire easier.

Yeah, I don't know about their little list of pros. All I'm saying is it is easier to cycle the action with the bigger latch, and this is the best one I've come across.

The BCM gunfighter is good too.

Ive been using a PRI weenie latch on my Ar10 for a long time now. If my charging handle breaks then I'll get another one. For now its been doing its job.

I use the BCM Gunnfighter on my P308 and all 3 ARs. I prefer the larger latch(they have 3 sizes). Combined with a BAD makes dry fire easy and is a more efficient method of clearing malfunctions. Interesting thumb latch on the Tac-Ops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aaron12345</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I don't know about their little list of pros. All I'm saying is it is easier to cycle the action with the bigger latch, and this is the best one I've come across. </div></div>
Looks interesting. How does it affect (1) nose to charging handle eye relief and (2) poking your chest when the rifle is muzzle down across your chest? The second one was my major problem with the Badger Tactical Latch that came with my DPMS and immediately I went back to stock.

I have a PRI CH on my AR10.

It doesn't make dry firing any easier. Replacing the buffer spring with a lighter "training" spring would. Just need to make sure you swap back to the original before live firing.