• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AR 10....?

Rhinomax

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2010
Georgia
I have a DPMS LR 308 L. I would like to get a new match bar. for it. Mainly use it for hunting and 400-600 yard shooting....Who would you use. Best bang for the buck. Am I better sendng the upper somewhere or getting a blank from someone and having m gunsmith put it on.

With the stock bar. I get about 1-1.5 moa

Thanks

Re: AR 10....?

You really need to discuss the project with your gunsmith. Are you talking about an actual barrel blank and having your smith chamber it, thread it and install the barrel extension and headspace it, contour it and install the gas block and any other work such as threading the muzzle for a suppressor? Or were you thinking of purchasing a completed barrel and having your smith install it?

purchasing a completed barrel and having my smith install it..... and thread it... or buy one already threaded.... Thought about sending it to G.A. Precision but they want like 700 bucks or so....

I used to post on here a while back and for some reason when I entered my email address it couldn't pull anything up. .....

I will fill in my profile.....

Thanks

Jeff
Ga.

get the novesky 21" barrel, shoot anything from 150's to 175's and if you miss it is your fault.
hope this helps hitting the range sooner.

Jeff, a drop in barrel is a good way to go. But if you are concidering GAP, I wouldn't hesitate. I've yet to hear anything bad about their work, and they will make it right.