• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Coup de Grace Builds

the two stage TT Diamond works great with the pivoting handle.

Thanks.

I will keep that in mind.

I have plenty of wait time to sort through things.....action ordered a week ago and barrel just ordered.

Plenty of time to get brass and prep it.

Decided to put my 6BR CDG in an Aero chassis. The trigger hanger required some relief cuts, see pictures below. I'm still working on magazines. The AICS feed fine, but cannot be locked in even with full adjustment of the magazine latch. I am currently looking for an in-stock AIAW magazine.

CD58C455-A253-4DA2-BA50-84809A0C09BE_1_102_a.jpeg
CEABC755-61CD-4BD9-BBE9-040E9E8ADC3C_1_105_c.jpeg
3C62CB95-F3D9-4D7A-A912-DC03EE0ED393_1_105_c.jpeg

I was able to get a mag about a month ago, just sign up for notifications on every website that carries them, sooner or later you’ll get an emai, then buy quick!

Reactions: DubfromGA and wbbh
Here's My nearly complete CDG build.

My goal was a Sako M10 "At home". Still needs paint.
20240117_120505.jpg

CDG Long action with 30 MOA pic rail
30" bartlien 1:9T 30 call barrel chambered in 300 Norma Mag
KRG W3 (still waiting for Next shot precision to release the LA Alpha forend)
Trigger Tech Special
Atlas Cal

20240116_142613.jpg

20240115_152244.jpg
20240116_150735.jpg

Attachments

• 20240117_120505.jpg
    20240117_120505.jpg
    890.6 KB · Views: 46
How does she feel/cycle.

I’m looking to do the same thing.
Simplest way I can say it: the action feels a lot like a Seekins PH rifle, Absolutely zero cock on close which makes it feel much more expensive. The travel is more "creamy" than "buttery". It's a little odd running the bolt all the way back waiting for the hard stop but it never happens.

I'll shoot it tonight. But feeds great out of the mag. I coned the breach face so I'm sure that helps...

Question for the weekend folks here…..do you think ARC will allow a Xylo to be ordered with the large grip installed….or is it an additional part to be added to the order ?

Figured I check in with ya’ll and see if anyone had done so.

Last edited:
Question for the weekend folks here…..do you think the ARC will allow a Xylo to be ordered with the large grip installed….or is it an additional part to be added to the order ?

You should probably be able to do that. Might have to call them when you make the order.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Question for the weekend folks here…..do you think ARC will allow a Xylo to be ordered with the large grip installed….or is it an additional part to be added to the order ?

They will. I called them after I ordered my chassis online and had them swap out the standard grip for the large.

Reactions: DubfromGA
They will. I called them after I ordered my chassis online and had them swap out the standard grip for the large.

Thank you.

That is encouraging.

I’m assuming the large is what I’ll prefer.
Usually wear XL gloves ( size 11 gloves).

Anyone shooting their CDG in a manners TCS PRS? Any issues you see with triggers or fitment needed?

You should probably be able to do that. Might have to call them when you make the order.
✅🏁✅ Thanks.

🏁✅🏁 Thank you.

A.R.C. was super accommodating.

They took care of me first thing this morning and have a big gripped Xylo headed my way.

Superpumped about getting this one up & running.

giphy-82.gif

I love my Xylo large grip. Worth every penny.
I think it's going to be a great fit....probably ruin me for my other rifle's grips.

the two stage TT Diamond works great with the pivoting handle.
(y) Thanks. I was hoping that would be the case.

I have 2-stage diamonds in both of my CDGs. They're set nearly as light as they go and I haven't had any issues with them.

Purely anecdotal, sample size of two.

I appreciate the insight.

Another Diamond now on the way. This will be my first two-stage, however.

Image 209.jpeg

Reactions: AllenOne1
Are two-stage Diamonds working better than single-stage with the pivoting handle? I don't know if that would make any difference?

Just assembled my CDG in a MPA BA Comp chassis with a PVA MTU contour 223 barrel. I just finished cycling some 77gr factory ammo through the action. I ran 50 rds through it very slowly where it would just pop up out of the feed lips and then slowly push round into chamber. I had zero issues with all different speeds of cycling the bolt. I ran a few so slow that i watch the bullet slowly go up the feed ramp, pop out of the mag and then slowly into the chamber. Had to adjust the mag latch to get the accurate mag to seat, and also the night vision bridge will not fit with the MTU barrel, but has clearance in forend.

Good to know about the bridge & MTU profile.

I'd be interested in seeing pics of your rifle if you had time to post them.

Good to know about the bridge & MTU profile.

I'd be interested in seeing pics of your rifle if you had time to post them.
My MPA BA chassis with a MTU barrel has clearance with the night vision bridge. Less than the chassis, but about .050 worth of clearance.

Edit: went and rechecked my barrel. It’s a M24 not a MTU, which would explain the clearance. Being a tad smaller at the muzzle and starting the taper a bit closer to the action allows it to clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash and DubfromGA
Got the barrel for CDG #1 spun up and coated today. 24" Proof Heavy Palma in the Solus chassis until I decide what it's going to live in. Did have to clearance for the front and rear of the trigger hanger.
Do you have any pictures of the work you did to clear up the trigger hangar? Currently, trying to figure out which chassis I want to go with.

I went a got the NV bridge out and tried to put it on, i could probably use a .005 shim and it would fit. Touches on the rear of the bridge. slightly clears on the front

I went a got the NV bridge out and tried to put it on, i could probably use a .005 shim and it would fit. Touches on the rear of the bridge. slightly clears on the front
I was incorrect in my post (did an edit) mine is a M24. I recall now the guy I talked to at Preferred Barrels asked me what chassis I was going to use and recommended the M24 over the MTU. It was a while back, senior moment!

They are fine. As are the thousands of other barrels out there. My point was rather than spend so much time looking for " the best " barrel as you have in so many threads, buy one and be done.

I bought this Preferred barrel from the px but did have one proof barrel turned for me by Fisher TC and the turnaround time was quick.

I love my Xylo large grip. Worth every penny.

I wear the same size glove. I think you will like the large grip.

Just wanted to thank each of you again.

The Xylo arrived this afternoon and the large grip is excellent.

Really pleased.

Now, waiting on CDG action & barrel.

Here's a quick picture. It was a 3/8 ball mill in the machine at the time, if I remember.
Do you have any pictures of the work you did to clear up the trigger hangar? Currently, trying to figure out which chassis I want to go with.

Attachments

• 20240126_192821.jpg
    20240126_192821.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Zetlock
Ordered a new part for my build today. MPA finally came out with a NV bridge for the Ultra Lite chassis. Will be interesting to see what it will take to get the optic lined up with my thermal.

OK, got back to the hanger tuning. I tuned it so it would barely be off contact on the uplift. I was able to set the trigger to 14oz with no fire. Added a couple more ounces to make my 1lbs pull and all is well. So, there is a correlation between setting the hanger and trigger pull. OK, just need my barrel from those pirates at PVA! :ROFLMAO: (Benchmark 26" burnt bronze metallic cerakote, 6 straight flute, 708AI)
Still have the same opinion? My Diamond single stage just over 16oz will cycle fine with my running it like a gorilla, and then 1 will slam fire. Curious if I need to make it heavier cock on bolt open.

Reactions: Kadams1563
Ive got an MPA Matrix Pro 2 build that will arrive next week. It will be chambered in 6br. Any 12 round mag possibilities?
Yeah you take a aw mag and window the bottom for the follower spring to drop through freely. Then install an Altus 2rd extension. This will require you to grind down the wings on the side the aw mag a bit. Once the spring has room to compress more, you can fit 12 rounds in the aw. I can fit 11 rounds in my 10rd aw mags as they ship from AI.

Reactions: lash and st1650
Yeah you take a aw mag and window the bottom for the follower spring to drop through freely. Then install an Altus 2rd extension. This will require you to grind down the wings on the side the aw mag a bit. Once the spring has room to compress more, you can fit 12 rounds in the aw. I can fit 11 rounds in my 10rd aw mags as they ship from AI.
Well was hoping someone would say the mdt 12 round br mags worked well.