• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Armament Technology Inc SAI 6

@koshkin has posted his first look video here:

So far I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Hadn't planned to buy a new optic, but this might displace the EXPS + magnified combo I have on my midlength upper.

Reactions: SageRatSafaris
Im familiar with how those have worked in the past. It's still compromise. If we are talking minute of man hits, its fine, sometimes. But its still limited because your zero and the associating dope can vary greatly throughout the day. If we are putting in 800 yards shots, as this scope suggests and you are shooting at a 8am, your difference by the hot part of the day could be 2 mils with a 5.56 at that distance...more than 4 feet. No one rezeros their rifles for the new conditions with an LPVO, you just make the appropriate adjustment. Sure you could calculate and figure it out, even with a BDC, but it just adds another layer of complexity to the process. I still like what I see so far, every LPVO has a compromise, this one might not be too bad.

Believe it or not, some people understand the design limitations of their equipment and don't buy scopes that max out at 6X (or even 8X) to use as precision rifle sights. For that they buy scopes that top out at 14X and higher with reticles and turrets that lend themselves to the job.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
@koshkin has posted his first look video here:

So far I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Hadn't planned to buy a new optic, but this might displace the EXPS + magnified combo I have on my midlength upper.

Reticle is a hard pass

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm really liking it. Think I will do a bit of a write up on it today or tomorrow.

CM

Reactions: adamjma
Believe it or not, some people understand the design limitations of their equipment and don't buy scopes that max out at 6X (or even 8X) to use as precision rifle sights. For that they buy scopes that top out at 14X and higher with reticles and turrets that lend themselves to the job.

Yessssir. Running a 1-4x Accupoint even on a KAC upper because it's fast , easy and good enough 😁.
...and LRHSi for maxing out the 77 TMK ;)

Attachments

• MVIMG_20210327_153809.jpg
    MVIMG_20210327_153809.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20210401_214006~2.jpg
    IMG_20210401_214006~2.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
FFP. No thanks.
I'm not necessarily opposed to that as long as the reticle is useful throughout the entire magnification range.

But your point is well taken. There are very few LPVOs that manage to do FFP well.

For the majority of uses an LPVO is intended for, SFP works perfectly and makes the job of designing a reticle much easier.

Got my SAI 6 yesterday. I have to admit, I am really digging this scope and for not being a BDC fan, the reticle is my favorite BDC reticle that I've seen, I've mostly steered clear of LPVO's because none of the reticles really excite me, but this one kind of excites me. I waited months for my Razor Gen III, I need a little more time but I may be keeping this SAI 6 and offloading the Gen III sadly... I should mention I foolishly ordered the Gen III with the BDC reticle, I should have grabbed the mrad version instead (for my preference).

Bring your heavy 14 power scope on your heavy gun to a 10K Run and Gun competition where you have to make hits at 600-800 yards and then run around with it for over an hour through the woods, hills and water and "believe it or not" you will see some people have use cases for equipment that maybe you don't.

Last edited:
Got my SAI 6 yesterday. I have to admit, I am really digging this scope and for not being a BDC fan, the reticle is my favorite BDC reticle that I've seen, I've mostly steered clear of LPVO's because none of the reticles really excite me, but this one kind of excites me. I waited months for my Razor Gen III, I need a little more time but I may be keeping this SAI 6 and offloading the Gen III sadly... I should mention I foolishly ordered the Gen III with the BDC reticle, I should have grabbed the mrad version instead (for my preference).
Well thats good news. The reticle certainly does seem to pop in images. Does the tube disappear like say a Razor Gen II SFP or a Kahles or is there some tunneling?

How "weird" is the center reticle? It is so different from the bright red dot we are all used to.

How "weird" is the center reticle? It is so different from the bright red dot we are all used to.
It is definitely different from the bright red dot as you put it. Again, I have very little experience with LPVO’s so my point of reference is very limited. The illuminated cross is brighter than I thought it’d be and is definitely daylight bright as I’m able to pick it up even against a white backdrop at midday sun. However, the Vortex Gen III is nuclear bright, in fact even in midday I prefer to turn it down as it’s almost too bright. With the four bullets pointing to center, it is very easy for me to discern center and oddly enough I think I prefer those to the horseshoe and I am a fan of the horseshoe design. I will try to get some through the scope images with my DSLR set to manual to get a reference for the brightness of the different reticles.

Well thats good news. The reticle certainly does seem to pop in images. Does the tube disappear like say a Razor Gen II SFP or a Kahles or is there some tunneling?
Unfortunately I haven’t seen either of those scopes Burdy, maybe ILya can better address that? The SAI 6 came with the Tenebraex covers attached so I will try to look through next time without those on. I noticed this on my ZCO which had a very thin outer ring but when I put the aadland caps on it did take away so I wonder if the same will occur with the SAI.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I haven’t seen either of those scopes Burdy, maybe ILya can better address that? The SAI 6 came with the Tenebraex covers attached so I will try to look through next time with those on. I noticed this on my ZCO which had a very thin outer ring but when I put the aadland caps on it did take away so I wonder if the same will occur with the SAI.

The cap on the eyepiece does add to the black ring around the image on pretty much any scope, but it is less invasive than if it is caused by the scope internals.

The SAI6 has a slightly thicker black ring around the image than the Razor Gen2 or Delta Stryker, but not by much. It is a very nice eyepiece and very easy to get behind.

This scope is really growing on me, especially since it is the lightest FFP LPVO I can think of off hand.

The reticle, while different, clearly works well for me and it is exceedingly easy to line up behind it. It's a really user friendly design.

ILya

Reactions: Glassaholic
Bring your heavy 14 power scope on your heavy gun to a 10K Run and Gun competition where you have to make hits at 600-800 yards and then run around with it for over an hour through the woods, hills and water and "believe it or not" you will see some people have use cases for equipment that maybe you don't.

Your .0001% scenario is fine for you, most people don't care because they don't use their rifles like that.

Your .0001% scenario is fine for you, most people don't care because they don't use their rifles like that.
Fair enough. I think. I've come to realize that my RnG setup however would be the exact system I would grab if the .0001% scenario happened and S did HTF. I can't think of a platform setup that would give a higher survival rate, at least not with my skill set.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Fair enough. I think. I've come to realize that my RnG setup however would be the exact system I would grab if the .0001% scenario happened and S did HTF. I can't think of a platform setup that would give a higher survival rate, at least not with my skill set.
That's exactly my thoughts, and I believe also the thoughts of many in our country right now.

1617980160190.png

Reactions: Burdy
Anyone have a updated experience with these, particularly testing out the BDC?

Looks like StrelokPro doesn’t have the reticle uploaded yet.

I just ordered one and am excited to try it! I’ll comparing it to my Gen3 Vortex.

Anyone have a updated experience with these, particularly testing out the BDC?

Looks like StrelokPro doesn’t have the reticle uploaded yet.

I just ordered one and am excited to try it! I’ll comparing it to my Gen3 Vortex.

I am still enjoying mine. The BDC is a hybrid design, so you have to pay attention once you get it beyond 500, but it works if you know how to use a ballistic calculator.

ILya

I am still enjoying mine. The BDC is a hybrid design, so you have to pay attention once you get it beyond 500, but it works if you know how to use a ballistic calculator.

ILya
What Ballistic calculator are you using?

I just had mine out to the range yesterday, I have it mounted on a 11.5" Geissele launching 55 grain range ammo. For me, the BDC was spot on at 300 yards. I have shit it out to 500 and if I remember correctly it was about 6-8 inches high. After that, the 11.5" struggles too much, couldn't get consistent hits at 600.

Overall and very pleased. My only complaint is that the reticle is fairly bright but not what I would consider daylight bright. IMHO, any LOVO with a FFP reticle should be daylight bright like a Razor.

Reactions: Zane1844
I just had mine out to the range yesterday, I have it mounted on a 11.5" Geissele launching 55 grain range ammo. For me, the BDC was spot on at 300 yards. I have shit it out to 500 and if I remember correctly it was about 6-8 inches high. After that, the 11.5" struggles too much, couldn't get consistent hits at 600.

Overall and very pleased. My only complaint is that the reticle is fairly bright but not what I would consider daylight bright. IMHO, any LOVO with a FFP reticle should be daylight bright like a Razor.

That’s awesome. Mine will be going on my 16” or my 10.3”..depending on if I like it more than my Razor, if not, it’ll replace my Aimpoint on my SBR.

Reactions: Center Mass
That’s awesome. Mine will be going on my 16” or my 10.3”..depending on if I like it more than my Razor, if not, it’ll replace my Aimpoint on my SBR.

That is basically the same boat I was in. I think the SAI would be well suited for the SBR because of its light weight and very good 1x performance. I just finished a new 16" build right now so I'm searching for a 1-8 which I think is a bit better option for a rifle with a greater useful range. Now if I could just find a 1-8 that that I like....

Just unboxed my SAI, and so far I like it. I am getting my mount tomorrow and will be mounting it, then shooting this weekend.

I will compare it to my Gen3 Razor at 6x while at the range. It’ll be going on my SBR and I’ll be shooting at 300yds.

Just unboxed my SAI, and so far I like it. I am getting my mount tomorrow and will be mounting it, then shooting this weekend.

I will compare it to my Gen3 Razor at 6x while at the range. It’ll be going on my SBR and I’ll be shooting at 300yds.

I look forward to the comparison!

CM

Well got lucky and it arrived this am. Here are my initial impressions. (take this lightly as I am not an expert). My reference points are a TT525P, K525i, NX8, Gen III

Reticle: The way the CX900 is set up it pops. Very easy to acquire even without the light on. At power level 9 (don't know why it doesn't go to 11) it is very bright. Compared to my Gen III this one seems to work better on 1x for speed and is brighter.

Turrets: The magnification dial is extremely smooth, can't see using a throw lever with it. Much better than my Gen III. The windage and elevation are different as they are sunk into the unit and require me to use the tips of my fingers. Would be much slower in any field use. Can't see myself dialing if speed was an issue. The feel of the clicks is similar to as TT with very distinct clicks between settings. Think of a down graded TT.

Glass: Very surprised how clear this unit is. It is as good or better than my Gen III. Haven't mounted it yet but first look this is a steal for $1200. I have a NF NX8 and this unit is clearly superior to that unit. Also the eye relief is very good. Easy to get behind and field of view is impressive.

Will try to get this on my AR and run it through the paces in the next few days. Need to get the BDC aligned to my Blackhills 77g TMK's to make it useful.

View attachment 7589579
I totally agree with the majority of your points. It’s probably the best 1-6x on the market that I can think of at the moment. Super clear, bright reticle, smooth, and it TRACKS! for all you who who love your optics…make sure they track! This one is perfect for my 14.5” SBR

Attachments

• 7CB2474E-1DEB-4F10-B771-B5A5E838F5DC.jpeg
    7CB2474E-1DEB-4F10-B771-B5A5E838F5DC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
  • BF711C76-6823-47FB-83E9-4DC935AFBBAE.jpeg
    BF711C76-6823-47FB-83E9-4DC935AFBBAE.jpeg
    790.3 KB · Views: 225
Certainly keeping my eye on this optic. Looking for a lpvo that I can slap on my Knights SR15 16". 80% up close work 20% further out. 0-500 yards day time bright quick 1x, with a forgiving eyebox. Been having my sights on a Atacr 1-8, but been trying to keep cost down IF i can.

Certainly keeping my eye on this optic. Looking for a lpvo that I can slap on my Knights SR15 16". 80% up close work 20% further out. 0-500 yards day time bright quick 1x, with a forgiving eyebox. Been having my sights on a Atacr 1-8, but been trying to keep cost down IF i can.
I’ve owned the Nightforce NX8 1-8 and the Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x. I personally feel like this one fits my intended use a little better. The eye box on the NX8 is good but that reticle was very thick and the click adjustments are .2 mils. The Gen III is very nice but typical Vortex the eye box isn’t very forgiving and required me to stay as square as possible behind the eye piece or else I’d lose the image. I loved their reticle but I really think they sacrificed on both ends of the spectrum by pushing a 1-10x. If they had produced a 1-8x then it probably would’ve been better for me. The SAI6 has a really forgiving eye box that’s why I think it’ll be here to stay…time will tell, I’ll take it through a few carbine courses this fall and that’ll be the determining factor.

Well for what it’s worth, this optic is top notch! The reticle lends itself to do well even for groups at 100. The clarity is so good that it doesn’t matter that it’s only a 1-6x. This group was shot off my 🦅 rest and rear sandbag using Hornady 73gr ELDM match loads.

Attachments

• BA8C6439-2C57-42FD-914D-FEB7AF123A66.jpeg
    BA8C6439-2C57-42FD-914D-FEB7AF123A66.jpeg
    806.9 KB · Views: 104
  • C12458E9-628E-4C5A-B48C-E6023EA4119E.jpeg
    C12458E9-628E-4C5A-B48C-E6023EA4119E.jpeg
    623.3 KB · Views: 79
I will have to say....it is light, I love the reticle (but I am an acog/elcan fan...) and I think enough of it that I am going to run it in my next run and gun in February. I was a fucking soup sandwich during my last R&G with an spf, which makes me think a KISS reticle is my jam, considering I will be engaging small 300-500 yard targets in a field environment. This....this motherfucker has a super easy to use ffp reticle, very clear glass, great eyebox, is lightweight, has a very easy to turn magnification ring and a daylight visible reticle. I understand this is a very niche application, but am excited/eager to run it, which is more that I can say for most optics.
I poo-pooed it until now, as it wasn't aimpoint bright (in my opinion only), but I was wrong.

Great reticle, did I mention lightweight (!!), super easy to use, very, very good glass. Stupid of me not to have gotten several before now.

Not supermegawesome at any one particular thing, but all around competent in so many aspects.

Thanking Glassaholic and Ilya for their reviews, and damn good shooting, Dacian!

Jordan

I’ve been meaning to update this thread: so far I’m loving this scope! The glass is clear, and it works well at 1x without illumination.

I sold my Vortex 1-10x and kept this..looking through the SAI 1-6x is just “easier” on my eye vs the Vortex.

The bdc gets me hits on silhouette targets out to 415yds. I plan on taking it out further soon.

F3F727F8-65A9-472A-B2A6-6F31213064A3.jpeg

I will have to say....it is light, I love the reticle (but I am an acog/elcan fan...) and I think enough of it that I am going to run it in my next run and gun in February. I was a fucking soup sandwich during my last R&G with an spf, which makes me think a KISS reticle is my jam, considering I will be engaging small 300-500 yard targets in a field environment. This....this motherfucker has a super easy to use ffp reticle, very clear glass, great eyebox, is lightweight, has a very easy to turn magnification ring and a daylight visible reticle. I understand this is a very niche application, but am excited/eager to run it, which is more that I can say for most optics.
I poo-pooed it until now, as it wasn't aimpoint bright (in my opinion only), but I was wrong.

Great reticle, did I mention lightweight (!!), super easy to use, very, very good glass. Stupid of me not to have gotten several before now.

Not supermegawesome at any one particular thing, but all around competent in so many aspects.

Thanking Glassaholic and Ilya for their reviews, and damn good shooting, Dacian!

Jordan
Heartbreak RNG? If so I would like to look through it.

Definitely a very good under the radar optic for sure. I think mainly because it came pretty late in the game and was a drop in the large 1-6 market. I think ATI should have come out bolder with a 1-8 which would have gotten a lot more attention in my opinion.

I like mine a lot! The BDC matches almost perfectly (with a minor zero offset) all the way out to 600 with 55 grainers out of my 16" "DMR".

CM

Definitely a very good under the radar optic for sure. I think mainly because it came pretty late in the game and was a drop in the large 1-6 market. I think ATI should have come out bolder with a 1-8 which would have gotten a lot more attention in my opinion.

I like mine a lot! The BDC matches almost perfectly (with a minor zero offset) all the way out to 600 with 55 grainers out of my 16" "DMR".

CM
What zero offset are you using?

Buddy,
So sorry no! Fort Davis, TX run and gun at the Prude Ranch- fun(ish) times, for sure! :)

CM
Yeah I think 1-8 and mil based reticle would be home run for sure.

Reactions: Center Mass
What zero offset are you using?
If I remember correctly, I'm 0.3 mil high on my 50/200 yard zero. Fortunately I am able to shoot out to 1K regularly so with all my BDC reticles I shoot them at 300 and 600 yards and use a ballistic app to adjust my zero. This allows me to better tailor the BDC to that rifle. I try to ensure that the 4-600 yard holds are as accurate as possible at the sacrifice of close range precision So basically for example, I'm ok with being 2 MOA off at 100 but not at 600. Hope that makes sense...

CM

If I remember correctly, I'm 0.3 mil high on my 50/200 yard zero. Fortunately I am able to shoot out to 1K regularly so with all my BDC reticles I shoot them at 300 and 600 yards and use a ballistic app to adjust my zero. This allows me to better tailor the BDC to that rifle. I try to ensure that the 4-600 yard holds are as accurate as possible at the sacrifice of close range precision So basically for example, I'm ok with being 2 MOA off at 100 but not at 600. Hope that makes sense...

CM

I emailed Igor from StrelokPro to see if he could add this reticle, but from what images I found online he said it was missing important measurements for him to upload it.

But Armament Tech said that you can reference the Elcan bdc as they’re calibrated the same. So, I use that on StrelokPro.

With a 100yd zero the bdc seems close at 400yd, when I’m shooting 55gr, though I seem a little high. I’ll be further proving it out and adjusting my zero.

I emailed Igor from StrelokPro to see if he could add this reticle, but from what images I found online he said it was missing important measurements for him to upload it.

But Armament Tech said that you can reference the Elcan bdc as they’re calibrated the same. So, I use that on StrelokPro.

With a 100yd zero the bdc seems close at 400yd, when I’m shooting 55gr, though I seem a little high. I’ll be further proving it out and adjusting my zero.
Kos

ILya posted this image a while back, maybe it can help.

Screenshot_20210811-212200.png

CM

CM
You couldn't be doing it more right.

Well since you’rean Elcan can than your right at home with this because I’m sure you already know it’s the same company making these.