• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Army using RND 338 semi auto on helicpoter

Jimmym40a2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
Colorado
Here is the link. the gun is an RND 338 semi auto. Very cool. It's on fox news and popular mechanics this month.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517481,00.html

0_61_arss_full.jpg

0_64_arss_turret.jpg

0_62_arss_rnd_edge_rifle.jpg

Re: Army using RND 338 semi auto on helicpoter

Thats very cool. I wonder how precise they can makes shots from a moving helicopter.

You'd be suprised how accurate they can make those. Look at the Apache. That 30mm will blow a hole through a door knob while in forward flight from 2000ft AGL. It looks like the .338 is stabilized enough to be pretty damn accurate. Even if it wasn't, it'd still be pretty precise. On our Blackhawks, they have solid mounts, no suspension, and I can rip your head of with my M240H. :) Plus it's just fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Here is the link. the gun is an RND 338 semi auto. </div></div>

338, but is it Lapua Magnum?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
338, but is it Lapua Magnum?</div></div>

Hey JL,

Here is link to company that makes that rifle. They make some very large caliber semi autos
smile.gif
I hope to soon make it up to Colorado and get some trigger time on their 408 and 338 models.

http://www.rndedge.com/images/rifles01/RND_rifles.htm

Thanks

Ok LC, thanks.

Manufacturers page seems to say "338 Lapua Magnum".
Guess it is Lapua then after all.