• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury International M40E *Video*

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    ashbury1.jpg

For the last month or more I have been shooting the <span style="text-decoration: underline">Ashbury International M40E</span> . Considered <span style="font-weight: bold">Unobtainium</span> by many on here, the rifle is their submission for the M40 upgrade and features a Remington 700 in a Saber-Forsst Chassis.

The rifle has all the features one would expect, drop in chassis with folding stock including LOP adjustment, cheek weld, and plenty of rail space for accessories. The Saber Forsst chassis uses an AICS magazine and is equipped with their quick attach bipod mount that also attaches to a Manfrotto tripod.

So here is a short 3 minute video I put together of my time at the range with the Ashbury International M40E

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rxv4jrYNb9I?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rxv4jrYNb9I?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Fitted with a Surefire Suppressor the rifle includes everything a tactical shooter could ask for.

ashbury2.jpg

For more on the M40E Rifle go to Ashbury International Group

Re: Ashbury International M40E *Video*

AWESOME!! By the looks of it, that thing is built like a tank!

That is slicker'n owl shit! I was just looking at the JAE-700 page wondering when they would become available. This setup looks like it would fill alot of gaps.

Frank,

Is there anything really revolutionary / better about this 700 chassis than every other one out there?

The video editing definitely makes me want one, good work there!

Great job on the video editing.

Now the 64 thousand dollar question is, when it going to be available? The chassis or rifle?

How heavy is it compared to an AW? great video,thanks LL.

nice vid. i wonder how those birds live out there on the range? lol

Chassises are about form and function for me, and the Ashbury has both for sure.

On the positive side, it definitely "feels" good, it's not overly heavy but definitely not the lightest. The stock has some excellent innovations, the adjustability is excellent. Using the rifle we went from me shooting it to Derek the guy in multi cam. He is 6'8" and he easily adjusted it to him. Had this been available even a year ago, which it was but wasn't, it probably would seem much more innovative. But with the flood of chassises that are hitting the market most will find it just another choice. Maybe, we'll see when they hit the street, between this, their competition model and the hunter planned it may gain some traction. The price will decide that.

The down side, ya, I don't like the choice of bipod or where they put the pod lock. You can't reach it at all. The quick attach mount is excellent, I would want another bipod model. Which I do know Ashbury is working with other, better designs, how they get incorporated we'll have to see.

The carbon fiber fore end can be picky about torque values which moves the opening very close to the barrel. This is a demo rifle and there is evidence it will touch especially when you load the bipod. I re-torques it to adjust it otherwise it could have been an issue. But I will say whoever did the barreled action it's deadly accurate. We were doing about 4 different things the day the video was shot on steel and you can easily see the sub moa group on there. The black marks are nicely centered on the plate.

Overall I give it high marks, it feels right, shoots extremely well and is very adjustable. On the Gucci scale it's high, few could claim higher and it backs it up with the necessary features. Now they just need to get them out on the street at a price people will flock too. Ashbury has a very heavy focus on the military and it certainly fits the needs of the military but they also need to remember the guys with a closet full of 700's, because this transforms them.

It is a long time Ashbury already delivery the rifles and the chassis to military and government agencies , they'll probably be able to hit the civilian market before the end of the year or at least at the beginning of the new one .

From the first hand infos I have I can tell you that the SABER-FORSST SKO-A1 Mod-1 chassis price is USD 2.500,00 , the monolithic rail set ( 0,20,30,40,60 MOA ) price is USD 499,00 , the MonoPod price is USD 310,00 , the grip angle adapter set price is USD 224,00 and the Picatinny rail kit price is USD 360,00 , the total system is quite pricey but outstanding IMHO .

PP out

Thanks PP, good info there.

Pricey....but, like you said, it looks like a great piece of kit.

Now that the M24 reconfiguration solicitation is over, these should start to become more available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks PP, good info there.
    Pricey....but, like you said, it looks like a great piece of kit. </div></div>

BasraBoy ,

to get the complete SABER-FORSST chassis system ( with jingle & bells as I described above ) the price is very close to USD 4.000,00 , not for every pocket indeed .

The chassis it is a drop in but , however , needs some small machinery works done by a good gunsmith to seat the action perfectly , also to the barrel hole if the barrel contour is larger than 1.24" .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks PP, good info there.

BasraBoy ,

to get the complete SABER-FORSST chassis system ( with jingle & bells as I described above ) the price is very close to USD 4.000,00 , not for every pocket indeed .

The chassis it is a drop in but , however , needs some small machinery works done by a good gunsmith to seat the action perfectly , also to the barrel hole if the barrel contour is larger than 1.24" .

PP out

</div></div>

I'm all for paying for quity, but $4k?!?! I just don't see how a stock for a bolt action rifle could command such a price tag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks PP, good info there.

BasraBoy ,

PP out

</div></div>

I'm all for paying for quity, but $4k?!?! I just don't see how a stock for a bolt action rifle could command such a price tag.

</div></div>

Have you seen the price on their tripod?.......

Look at the space they are working within:

KAC Charges how much for an SR-25 that is renamed the MK11 or M110, Remington charges how much for an M24 ? IBA charged DARPA $9k for the XM-3 base model, the GAP Gladius with better features is only $3k.

This is their business space so they price according to the supply and demand model established by these companies. However there will be some Competition / Hunting options available which are not based on the same pricing model as the military version.

I won't tell you what the call tag says on the package as you see it in the video.

I understand the reasoning behind why anything that has to do with the military is overinflated. After hearing about the crap they make companies go through, they deserve to get paid large.

I just hate it b/c that means that piece of kit instantly gets priced out of reach for the citizen who might like to use it. I'm sure they couldn't get away with selling it for less to us than they do to Uncle Suger...

I dont know guys, I got a pm from a Huntler (licensed Ashbury dealer) with a pirce quote, for the totally decked out Military model in black, It was somewheres around <span style="font-weight: bold">2700$.</span> This was about 2 months ago and he told me he could order me one that day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know guys, I got a pm from a Huntler (licensed Ashbury dealer) with a pirce quote, for the totally decked out Military model in black, It was somewheres around <span style="font-weight: bold">2700$.</span> This was about 2 months ago and he told me he could order me one that day.</div></div>

I think some adjustments have been made to certain aspects of the product so that would account for some of the pricing discrepancies. As well as I have said, there will be a "competition" and "hunting' platform which will be more inline with civilian sales and competition

Thanks for the video and pics post Lowlight. Cant wait for this thing to come out and hope that its feasable for your average person to buy it.

The chassis system sure looks cool but there are two things that Im not too sure about. It seems to me like the forend of the chassis should have more ventilation in order to facilitate cooling of the barrel.As it is now it seems like under long strings or fire that the forend is basically going to trap the heat in and incubate the barrel. Also, I believe Lowlight mentioned something about this but the barrel is damn near touching, or is touching the top of the forearm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwsnydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any word on if these will be ok with left handed 700's?</div></div>

Yes much word on this,,, Left handed is available. In fact they were just visiting the USMC with the Left handed models to show off.

Disasterpath,

I spoke to them about it and they changed the design in the front of the chassis, it is no longer the same size and centers the barrel in the channel much better. But they explained the change in the end of the chassis. So they addressed it already in the production models. This one was an early demo / prototype.

Lowlight-

Any info about the M14/M1A stock in pic 2?