• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official First Look at the Accuracy International, AX308MC

DSC_4135.jpg

Took the ol' girl out for a photo shoot today. She seemed to enjoy getting a tan.

Does anyone know where to get a pale brown AI scope mount? A butt spike solution would also be nice.

I love my new rifle. This rifle is an absolute home run in my opinion. Range reports to follow....

Last edited:
You can always put an Accushot BT12 QK on the Picatinny rail on the buttstock...

Has anyone in the states received one of the new 2014 AX Chassis? Anybody have one in stock? Mile High has them on order, but none yet.

Can one of you guys that already have the new AXMC tell me what the weight is with a 20" or 24" barrel?

24" 308= 13.90 lbs
25" 338= 14.45 lbs

Thanks Wyfox.
I'm having a hard time deciding if I just want to buy the complete rifle or just buy the new AX chassis and run my current barreled actions. I've never owned a AI rifle before. Everyone says they are great, but I see very very few people in the PRS competing with them.

Get the AI! I've got both and the AI is the most reliable, accurate rifle you can buy, that combined with the short bolt throw and double stack 10rd AI mags make it ideal for PRS comps. I'm sure we'll see more and more AI's in comp as their popularity grows.

I don't understand why there aren't more of them at comps. I think most just stick with what they know... I'm not knocking any of the other options out there like Defiance, Surgeon, Stiller or BAT, but I hear all this talk about reliability being a huge factor in placing well at the serious comps like PRS. Um, hello... An AI is about as reliable as you're gonna get. Right?

I don't understand why there aren't more of them at comps. I think most just stick with what they know... I'm not knocking any of the other options out there like Defiance, Surgeon, Stiller or BAT, but I hear all this talk about reliability being a huge factor in placing well at the serious comps like PRS. Um, hello... An AI is about as reliable as you're gonna get. Right?
I suspect that less than 200 AI rifles are imported each year. Maybe will be more this year due their new offerings.

Strictly speaking on what I've read, I believe sponsorship has something to do with the lack of AI rifles in comps as well. I have owned several AI rifles, currently have a 14 AX in 260 and I bought it to start competing. I've made to one local comp so far and it worked well for me. The AX line of rifles feel lighter and are better suited economically for me than the AW rifles.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna take the plunge and buy the complete rifle. I've had very good luck with my Surgeons over the past few years. I've never had a single malfunction in any match other than a trigger going down on me in New Mexico this past April. I can't complain about reliability.

Worst case scenario....I decide I'm not comfortable with it, I'm sure there will be someone willing to buy it and save a couple hundred dollars over a new one.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna take the plunge and buy the complete rifle. I've had very good luck with my Surgeons over the past few years. I've never had a single malfunction in any match other than a trigger going down on me in New Mexico this past April. I can't complain about reliability.

Worst case scenario....I decide I'm not comfortable with it, I'm sure there will be someone willing to buy it and save a couple hundred dollars over a new one.
Do it! After using it for a while, you'll never want anything else. I've got my S&B 5-25x DT in MSR on my AI AXMC 308 with 26" 260 Rem barrel and absolutely love shooting it suppressed. Accurate and reliable and can't beat the feel on the 3-4 lb 2 stage trigger pull and buttery smooth action with 10 round double stack magazine that won't allow the action to close on an empty magazine. Three stage safety is great to allow you to rapidly an safely unload a full magazine in seconds when it's in the second position!!!

I have been running my bolt for over a week of dry fire training now. As my first AI, I was pretty happy with how smooth the bolt was, but I didn't quite think it was as "buttery smooth" as I had heard rumored on AI actions. Then I decided to actually lube the bolt as much as I should have...

Holy crap.

There is literally no feeling of metal to metal interaction that you get with a normal action (comparing this to Savage Model 11 and Remington 700 Milspec) along the entirety of the bolt throw. All you feel is a click at the front of travel, and a click at the back as it hits the stops. It moves like a stick of butter on a hot pan. I think you have to feel it to believe it.

Also, the thing is pretty darn heavy with a 27" .338 barrel, and Vortex Razor HD Gen II on top, but I suppose that's a good thing when shooting .338. Definitely not something you'd group with a normal collection of hunting rifles... You'd have to be pretty dedicated to hike a ways with it in the mountains to shoot it at something.

The harder you run the AI bolt the smoother it feels. Very positive, super smooth feeding (cant even feel it stripping a round from the mag). The thing just... works.

While competing, I have seen custom guns go down due to Broken Bolt Stops, Broken Bolt Handles, Broken Bolts, and Broken Triggers. Looking these AI rifle over, you can see that they guys that designed them were shooters, took tons of input from shooters, or both. These rifles are so refined and are built to take the abuse dished out on a battlefield.

I don't think you will be disappointed with an AXMC.

I have a few AXMC rifles on the shelf and a couple AT rifles as well.

Last edited:
While competing, I have seen custom guns go down due to Broken Bolt Stops, Broken Bolt Handles, Broken Bolts, and Broken Triggers. Looking these AI rifle over, you can see that they guys that designed them were shooters, took tons of input from shooters, or both. These rifles are so refined and are built to take the abuse dished out on a battlefield.

I don't think you will be disappointed with an AXMC.

I have a few AXMC rifles on the shelf and a couple AT rifles as well.

Any idea if we can buy a 16" forearm? My AXMC 308 came with a 13" forearm, but I want a 16"...:eek:

I have been running my bolt for over a week of dry fire training now. As my first AI, I was pretty happy with how smooth the bolt was, but I didn't quite think it was as "buttery smooth" as I had heard rumored on AI actions. Then I decided to actually lube the bolt as much as I should have...

Holy crap.

There is literally no feeling of metal to metal interaction that you get with a normal action (comparing this to Savage Model 11 and Remington 700 Milspec) along the entirety of the bolt throw. All you feel is a click at the front of travel, and a click at the back as it hits the stops. It moves like a stick of butter on a hot pan. I think you have to feel it to believe it.

Also, the thing is pretty darn heavy with a 27" .338 barrel, and Vortex Razor HD Gen II on top, but I suppose that's a good thing when shooting .338. Definitely not something you'd group with a normal collection of hunting rifles... You'd have to be pretty dedicated to hike a ways with it in the mountains to shoot it at something.

Can you specify what you mean by "lube as much as I should have?" Also, I'd love to see a pic of your AXMC with the Gen II Razor on top. Post em up!! :)

Can you specify what you mean by "lube as much as I should have?" Also, I'd love to see a pic of your AXMC with the Gen II Razor on top. Post em up!! :)

I started out with a minimal amount of lube, not realizing that the bolt was really dry straight from the factory. After adding a couple applications of Frog Lube, it really slicked up. 2 pictures are at the top of this page.

I went out and finally got to shoot my .338 AXMC today! It is my first .338, so I will admit I was a little intimidated before shooting it about what the recoil would be like.

I shouldn't have worried. It legitimately felt as though it had the same impulse as my braked .308, just with a little harder push. No slapping feeling you get from a light hunting rifle, no discomfort, nothing. It was as though a big slow guy pushed me with his hand on the shoulder to get by.

As far as accuracy, my buddy and I shot a few half inch groups with factory loads, which is about as accurate as I can be off of a bench. Hoping to get some prone work in, as that's my comfort zone. Still, I'm happy with the rifle, and I think it has a lot of potential.

What is the absolute lowest Spuhr mount I can run with a S&B 5-25x56 on the new AXMC? Will the SP-4006 1.34" work? I do not need room for scope caps because I never use them.

What is the absolute lowest Spuhr mount I can run with a S&B 5-25x56 on the new AXMC? Will the SP-4006 1.34" work? I do not need room for scope caps because I never use them.

This should help out. FAQ | Mile High Looks like the 4006 1.34" will be the lowest if you want to run with butler caps and 1.46" with tenebraex. If not, you can go lower. I would clear it with Mile High though, But I wouldn't sweat it since you do have an adjustable cheek height.

This should help out. FAQ | Mile High Looks like the 4006 1.34" will be the lowest if you want to run with butler caps and 1.46" with tenebraex. If not, you can go lower. I would clear it with Mile High though, But I wouldn't sweat it since you do have an adjustable cheek height.

I have been told that the 1.34" will work without caps on a 56MM objective. If you want to clear caps you will wan the 1.46". Most customers I have go with the 1.46".

I went out and finally got to shoot my .338 AXMC today! It is my first .338, so I will admit I was a little intimidated before shooting it about what the recoil would be like.

I shouldn't have worried. It legitimately felt as though it had the same impulse as my braked .308, just with a little harder push. No slapping feeling you get from a light hunting rifle, no discomfort, nothing. It was as though a big slow guy pushed me with his hand on the shoulder to get by.

As far as accuracy, my buddy and I shot a few half inch groups with factory loads, which is about as accurate as I can be off of a bench. Hoping to get some prone work in, as that's my comfort zone. Still, I'm happy with the rifle, and I think it has a lot of potential.

I am glad you are loving your rifle. Your pics of it are amazing.

I went out and shot my new AX308MX out to 500 meters this weekend. It is amazing. The trigger is absolutely great, the recoil is nil, and the accuracy is impressive. This is a great rifle and I'm really proud to own it. I've had a lot of custom rifles and other AI rifles. This rifle stands with the best of them!

Anybody that has a long action AXMC 16" forend tube that wants to trade for a 13" let me know. Plus, I'll add another $200. ;)

Anybody that has a long action AXMC 16" forend tube that wants to trade for a 13" let me know. Plus, I'll add another $200. ;)

Another issue you will have is that the longer 16" forends are running 30 MOA rails on top of the rail and the receiver, while the 13" rails found on the AXMC.308 has a 20MOA rail. You would need to swap out the forend and both top rails to make it look/work properly.

Picked it up yesterday. Got the scope mounted and everything adjusted last night. I put 75 rounds thru it this morning. It's is different than what I am used to for sure. The trigger is very nice, but man is it heavy.....too heavy for me. I love a two stage trigger, but the second stage on this one is just too much. The overall quality is amazing. The user adjustability for fittment is wonderful. It shoots very well, or it did once I got used to the feel of it versus what I'm accustomed to shooting. I shot some factory FGMM 168's and some hand loaded 155 Hybrids in it. Both performed well. However, the factory ammo had huge ES's according to the Magnetospeed.

I thought that the AINA Bartlein barrels were threaded 5/8x24......I guess I was wrong. This one is a different TP. Doesn't matter as I'll have it chopped off shorter anyway.

Anyway, here is a pic since that's what everyone wants to see.

2014 AXMC
24" AINA barrel .308
S&B 5-25 H2CMR
Spuhr 4006 mount

FA60FA02-9DE3-4E8D-954E-DA683870EE38.png

Picked it up yesterday. Got the scope mounted and everything adjusted last night. I put 75 rounds thru it this morning. It's is different than what I am used to for sure. The trigger is very nice, but man is it heavy.....too heavy for me. I love a two stage trigger, but the second stage on this one is just too much. The overall quality is amazing. The user adjustability for fittment is wonderful. It shoots very well, or it did once I got used to the feel of it versus what I'm accustomed to shooting. I shot some factory FGMM 168's and some hand loaded 155 Hybrids in it. Both performed well. However, the factory ammo had huge ES's according to the Magnetospeed.

I thought that the AINA Bartlein barrels were threaded 5/8x24......I guess I was wrong. This one is a different TP. Doesn't matter as I'll have it chopped off shorter anyway.

Anyway, here is a pic since that's what everyone wants to see.

2014 AXMC
24" AINA barrel .308
S&B 5-25 H2CMR
Spuhr 4006 mount

FA60FA02-9DE3-4E8D-954E-DA683870EE38.png

Great looking rig.

0913141450.jpg

Took my AXMC .338 I bought from RMW out to the range again today. This is a 3 round group from 200 yards that my buddy shot using 250 gr. Hornady Match ammo and an Atlas bipod. Two rounds in the exact same hole, and one called "flier". The group measured 0.17 MOA, which I would say is pretty good for the 20th-22nd rounds out of the gun, using factory ammo!

I myself had a couple 2 round groups of the same size, with one vertical flier from me not loading the rifle consistently on the bench. I'm still learning the whole bench thing, it's harder than it looks. I think I'm letting the bipod hop a little every once in a while, causing the thrown shot in each of the groups. Still, it is obvious that the gun can shoot, and exceedingly well at that. I expected quarter MOA at best, but it will obviously beat even those expectations! Will shoot it out to 500 next week, and will report back.

p.s. The orange dot is 1" in diameter

This is more of a long action AXMC question.

Are the 300AXMC's or 338AXMC going to have a 308 conversion? This would make for a great platform if there is a short action caliber conversation later.

This is more of a long action AXMC question.

Are the 300AXMC's or 338AXMC going to have a 308 conversion? This would make for a great platform if there is a short action caliber conversation later.

I was told yes, by Mile High. However, they did not have them in-stock, and no ETA

Just get the PSR.:eek:

They don't have the AXMC's or the conversions? I know the conversion don't exist yet, but if they are planning on making them, it makes sense to get a rifle now.

They don't have the AXMC's or the conversions? I know the conversion don't exist yet, but if they are planning on making them, it makes sense to get a rifle now.

Iggy - I am a Dealer of AI rifles. I have been told that the conversions are just waiting on .308 bolt heads (they already have bolt bodies, magwell adapters, and barrels are already in the US). These AXMC rifles are incredible. I expect them to become more popular as the short action conversions become available.

Here is mine, the rifle shoots awesome I have three barrels for it so far 308,338 Lapua mag and 338 Norma mag I have the Nightforce ATACR for a scope and here is a 5 shot group with the 308 barrel at 200 yrds

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 32
  • target axmc.JPG
    target axmc.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Here is mine, the rifle shoots awesome I have three barrels for it so far 308,338 Lapua mag and 338 Norma mag I have the Nightforce ATACR for a scope and here is a 5 shot group with the 308 barrel at 200 yrds

I hope the tax payers of College Park opted for the padded rifle rack in your MRAP so they don't get scratched when you go out violating rights and intimidating people.

As much as I'd like to comment on that last post, I will refrain.

Question.....I thought the AINA (Tooley) barrels on the AXMC were threaded 5/8x24? Mine is threaded in something metric I guess. Is this how everyone else's is?

How are you shooting .308 in the long action MC?