• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Attaching padding to cheek weld area ?

I'll post up some custom stuff a friend did for me when I get home.

He makes his own shooting bags and mats and whipped one up for me when I used to have a simple buffer tube with CTR and tallest cheek riser ....still wasn't enough.

Grabbed some Cordura and padding and he sewed one up for me

Here ya go
20220114_145221.jpg
20220114_145236.jpg

Hoptic makes nice pads they call a saddle blanket, I believe.

Not thickly padded if you are looking for a lot of cushioning but I personally don’t like a lot of padding as I want firm and repeatable weld.

But I’m no expert like others here.

Is any one attaching padding / covering to your cheek weld / rest area ? And if so , what are you using ?

Thank you

Wiebad stock pad on my Begara B14

Piece of neoprene cut from a mouse pad and duct tape on my KRG stocks

Depends if you need to build up a hunting stock or just loooking for a "not hard plastic" layer over an already properly adjusted stock.

...all joking aside, insulation sleeves can be found in multiple sizes allowing one to determine the height needed for a more permanent fixture...and at a very reasonable cost... YMMV
Word...check out that fat stack of insulation foam and sweet 100mph tape wrap.
Savage Ashbury Precision.jpg

If just covering a cheek piece for some comfort and slip resistance, self adhesive foam is pretty legit and cheap.

Padded Cheek Pieces.jpg

LOL...I came across an article way back in time where a guy used some "pool noodles" that he had heated up with a heat gun to make them pliable then took his position to cause it to form to his face contour. It didn't mention if he put something on his skin to avoid a burn or if the the noodle even got that hot...

Noticed this on stock that @gwalker had posted images of. He followed up with what you see below when I asked about it

These work well & are not to pricey.

I think this was the 5/8" rise.

IMG_6282.jpg

Lots of home made ones like the neoprene work

I’ve used wiebad and hoptic. Hoptic on my Bergara B14R seems to be holding. Cleaned the surface with alcohol before applying. Same process on my AXMC but that one peeled up right away. I run the wiebad on that now.

Both are great and I have several guns with both currently. The wiebad straps to the adjustable cheek piece and doesn’t rely on adhesive

All of my rifles get Armageddon Gear Cheeky Bastard pads. I've grown to prefer the mesh over the suede type partial some of the others use, and they're dead simple to install for the velcro attached version.

Hoptic makes nice pads they call a saddle blanket, I believe.

Not thickly padded if you are looking for a lot of cushioning but I personally don’t like a lot of padding as I want firm and repeatable weld.

But I’m no expert like others here.
x2 on Hoptic.

My cheek bone is so high(Blue Steel cheek bones :p), I had to double stack a set until I received my MPA extension for the cheek riser.

IMG_0024.jpeg

Reactions: Baron23
I wrapped my cheek piece with some self cling wrap. You can get the fancy mcnett camo stuff or use vet wrap. It adds a little cushion and traction.