• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

August 15 Purge Rumor Idiocy

People actually choose to watch that guy?

I was looking at the green-topped tables very closely and had to stop myself from thinking about a Christine "Bony Maronie" moment.

People actually watched that movie? Enough that they made a sequel? The trailers blew plausibility out of the water, it just looks stupid. But I guess that's what makes money, keep pushing that lowest common denominator down.

There was all kinds of buzz about a "Louisville Purge" this past Friday, to the point that some high school football games were canceled and downtown was kind of like a ghost town.

Yeah, because people intent on really committing random acts of violence on strangers are going to announce it on fucking social media.

Stupid news, stupid politicians, and perhaps worst of all, stupid people that believed the nonsense.

I think that the reoccurring word in this thread is "stupid," and it is the perfect word to describe this entire notion.

People actually choose to watch that guy?

Probably only himself, but if you form an LLC, start a youtube channel, you can probably start writing off gun, ammo, and gear purchases.

It actually isn't so difficult to believe that people would act out things they see in the movies…happens more often than people care to remember. Louisville KY was an epicenter for this buzz and it wasn't that long ago that "roving mobs" were in the streets even without a movie to goad them on.

Louisville Kentucky Jaw Dropping Update ? FBI Assisting Say City Is Hostage To Coordinated Middle School Terror Group ?Young N? Off That? (YNO) Who Are ?Armed In A Major Way??. | The Last Refuge

Y'all stay frosty out there.

The difference between the "wildings" and this Purge BS was that the wildings were "spontaneous", not spread around on social media well ahead of time and spun by local media into a lather of frenzy.

Ended up being a high school kid made a post on Twitter referencing a Purge and Louisville that wasn't remotely threatening, and through a game of interwebs social media telephone it morphed into "The Purge is coming to Louisville!!1!1eleven"