• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auto Trickler V3 Questions Before I Buy

jrhtx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Houston, TX
Trying to decide on upgrading to a V3 set-up. Some questions.
1. I have limited bench space, whats the footprint of the set-up?
2. Looks like you can go 2 routes for the scale. Is there a difference other than price and what, .0001GR measurement? Just get the FX120I package, then order the A419 lexan top?
3. Is CE Products the best place to buy the package? About 1 month delivery?
4, Where to get calibrated weight? 100 gr or gm?
5. Do you run it with a phone or dedicated tablet?
6. Is is a "simple" plug and play, download the app?
7. Do you run chokes on the power and plug lines and just leave it on?

Anything else I am missing?
Thanks

1: don’t have measurements, but footprint is pretty small. Basically the scale and then the trickler outside

2: get the fx and the lexan top

3: that’s where I got my 2nd one

4: grams

5: phone or can run from scale like v2

6: comes from CE programmed. Assemble. Download app, start loading. Very simple app

7: I just leave mine on

1: don’t have measurements, but footprint is pretty small. Basically the scale and then the trickler outside

2: get the fx and the lexan top

3: that’s where I got my 2nd one

4: grams

5: phone or can run from scale like v2

6: comes from CE programmed. Assemble. Download app, start loading. Very simple app

7: I just leave mine on
^^what he said. Very easy setup. The scale,trickled and powder feed is all fairly intuitive.

So @jrhtx did you order from CE products?

Does anyone have a lead time from them? I placed my deposit around Thanksgiving.

ordered mine November 10th, and received final invoice 12/13. Have not received tracking info for shipment yet.

I sent an email today and got almost an immediate reply that they have stock coming in and a lot of orders “will ship by the 30th, at the latest”. My order number was included in this group!

Reactions: RG0099
I have the V3 FX120 with the lexan top
footprint is 12 x 12
weight I obtained from Ebay
I run it with my android phone simple plug & play ap
I leave mine on.

I ordered from Everything from CE with the Fx120 scale. Everything came from them including the calibration weight.

The app is super easy, I just put the app on my iPhone and run it off that. I don’t see a need to go out and get a separate device just for this. The clear lid from area 419 is really nice. I’ve had mine for about 3 weeks now and love it!

I ordered from Everything from CE with the Fx120 scale. Everything came from them including the calibration weight.

That's what I did, too. Worked out very well, and includes the correct calibration weight for the scale as part of the package.

In terms of measurements, I see guys with the whole rig sitting on an 18x18" tile, so that should be a safe bet. I'm about to experiment with mine sitting on a steel plate, with vibration isolators (they look like soft-ish rubber donuts) under the corners. As it is, the scale seems pretty impervious to me operating the press while it's running, but... why not? I can try to measure later.

FWIW - the lexan top from A419 is basically mandatory. Past that... I did end up ordering a few A419 parts. While things like the trickler base are a nice upgrade, they definitely don't seem necessary. That said, I've been having problems positioning everything so that I don't get an occasional kernel bouncing out of the stock cup. So, I ended up ordering the A419 cup and tray - we'll see if that knocks the problem out for me.

I still have some final tweaking to do with ramp times, etc, but right now, I'm getting a charge that's within a kernel in about 6.5 seconds. If it's off from exact, it will be one kernel light, right now. Easy to fix, if I choose - tweezers and a small cup of powder to drop one in - some tweaking will likely resolve this, too.

Buy from CE products, it seems like it comes with a test weight. I bought from data weighing systems and had a messed up part and it's taken more than a week to ship a replacement where I bugged them every day. And I didn't get a loading tray or test weight.

Buy from CE products, it seems like it comes with a test weight. I bought from data weighing systems and had a messed up part and it's taken more than a week to ship a replacement where I bugged them every day. And I didn't get a loading tray or test weight.

Common theme with DWS. My V3 showed up around thanksgiving (main board was missing). They claimed it shipped today. I’ll believe it when I see it. Called, continued to get run around. Emailed Adam last weekend, he said nothing he could do.. then cc’d DWS who I was already in contact with.. DWS is nothing more than a repackager and resaler of the auto trickler parts, it’s best to leave them as the middle man out of the equation. Order it direct to eliminate a possibility for excuses. I’ll never use DWS as a supplier again and will advertise to others why they shouldn’t.

My CE Products experience was way different than that... glad I bought from them vs. DWS, then.

The package came with the calibration weight, yes. Also, they set a reliable expected arrival time (6 weeks, when I purchased), let me know when they received the parts from Adam (and requested full payment at that point), and shipped about a week later (presumably after building the solution out). It arrived with all parts intact, and with the AT board already installed in the scale, and the scale programming done. I would order from them again, FWIW.

Just received my box. Not sure what's in it yet, but to say I'm giddy is an understatement. My time frame on order start to finish was:

initial order Nov 10,19
final invoice 12/13/19
item received 12/20/19

Reactions: John Glidewell
Just received my box. Not sure what's in it yet, but to say I'm giddy is an understatement. My time frame on order start to finish was:

initial order Nov 10,19
final invoice 12/13/19
item received 12/20/19

Sorry, forgot to mention that was through CE

Reactions: Vitali1342
Ordered mine through CE 12/11/19
Now the wait begins
Thanks for posting wait times

Reactions: RG0099
You’ll love it. It really is pretty much plug and play.

Don’t get your hopes up on 6.5 seconds to the kernel as posted above, I’ve played a fair bit with a couple powders 4350, rl16, 4831 etc and 20 seconds is best I can do without any (1/100 usually) overthrows. That said, 20 seconds is plenty good if you’re seating a bullet while it’s trickling the next one.

I have mine on my heavy red oak workbench only maybe 2 feet away from the press and working the press doesn’t cause any jitter on the scale. No need to overthink the setup unless you see a problem.

It saves me almost an hour per 100 charged and seated over using my old chargemaster and then checking it on a gempro and adding or removing a few kernels. well worth the price for the time, if not the precision of the throws.

mine is set up and throws a charge in 8-9 seconds. Book says to shoot for 10 or less. It does take some playing around with the trickler and the speed lever, but the book instructions are easy and pretty spot on. I found the trickler (tube) needs to be fairly level or slightly tilted up/back from level to keep it from over throwing. Speed lever is about midway between middle and all the way over to fast.

Mine throws in 7-9 second. Not sure why it takes you 20? You have to set the trickler to be rising up on a bit of an angle to help prevent overthrow. I set my powder drop to throw about 1-1.5 grains under my charge weight and then trickle the rest but it’s fairly fast.

So what is the cost for the combo usually? It seems much cheaper through ce products. Am I missing something? I could have sworn it was going to rum around 1400 for everything. Or is there another variation?

It is 1400 if you purchase all the area 419 parts with it. It can be used fine without any of them though they are nice.

So what is the cost for the combo usually? It seems much cheaper through ce products. Am I missing something? I could have sworn it was going to rum around 1400 for everything. Or is there another variation?

It’s $1400 with all the Area 419 upgrades which were crucial with the V2 but not necessary on the V3. I would recommend the clear lid from 419 though.

I ordered Dec 13 from DWS and it's showing up on the 4th according to track I got today. Very excited.

Was $965+ $30 shipping + $69.96 (ha) CA sales tax. No area 419 parts obviously. Quite excited to get it.

I followed the directions to a T several times and its just never been that fast. I have good luck dropping about 1/2 grain low versus 1 and then it’s really stepping mostly at the end taking up the time.

like you guys - trickler is slightly up hill and slowdown adjustment on the rear is near the middle.

It’s not a big deal to me, overlapping the trickle with seating a bullet makes 100% of the charging time disappear anyways which is all I need.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Oh - for christmas I did buy the 419 clear top to improve visibility. That’s my only upgrade. Certainly not needed but was a nice treat. No plans to upgrade anything else at this point.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
FYI: I did receive mine from DWS and it was all set up and programed. Like others have said they do not include a test weight but other than that they were good to deal with.

Same, got mine it's awesome. They do sell a test weight for $60 so I ordered it. And they also carry the Area419 stuff so I got a clear lid to.