• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler V3 - CE Products?

In the instructions it tells you which one to use...and why....don't use the one in the box with the scale itself...use the one that came with the trickler.

Reactions: bunny too
Thanks. 👍 I was winoed when I opened up the box and set it on the bench. Now today I’m hooking all up and like why is there two plugs and I already threw all the little boxes etc away but have manual of course. Lol. Thanks again.

Ok. Now I get it. The 90deg plug says .8 amp and the straight plug says .4amp. Use the 90deg needed to powers servos and scale. Thanks.

What's everyone running for power bars, surge protectors, UPS when they plug their units in? Want to get all my stuff ready so when the thrower shows up I can start using it right away.

What's everyone running for power bars, surge protectors, UPS when they plug their units in? Want to get all my stuff ready so when the thrower shows up I can start using it right away.
I use the Tripp Lite https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000512LA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And I also ran a sold copper ground wire to a three pronged outlet plug (Just using the ground plug) and plugged that into the Tripp Lite as well. No UPS, I figure if the power went out I would not be reloading.
Good Luck,

I'm using the Furman AC-215A
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003PJ6NPO/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I initially started looking for a power conditioner I wanted something that would filter the AC output and keep the voltage regulated to a set amount. What I found was anything remotely affordable would regulate the voltage, but would regulate it to a set range of values or a percentage of the input voltage. I was looking for a set voltage output like 115VAC or similar thinking a steady voltage would help the scale be more accurate. Since that type of regulation wasn't anywhere near reasonable I ended up going with the Furman unit. It doesn't really do what I wanted, but I figure it's better than nothing and should at least provide a decent level of protection.

Last edited:
https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/cate...omputer-and-peripheral/back-ups-pro/N-1itz49c

I have both the BR1500MS and the BR1000MS. I have used APC products for years with great results and they have saved me thousands in replacement costs. I live in rural East Texas where it is densely forested and the soil has a very high iron ore content. Tall trees and metal in the ground make for lots of power problems. At $283 for the 1500MS, it is a hard pill to swallow when we get a major power surge and it blows it out, but nothing compared to replacing a TV, Apple TV, modem, receiver, Xbox and Playstation. Ask we how I know. The other good thing about a UPS as opposed to just a surge protector is when the power fluctuates due to storms, etc, your sensitive devices don't experience a drop or increase in voltage. The switch to battery is near instantaneous.

DWS got some in, mines shipping in the next couple days. I had ordered 6/12. Stoked to finally make the leap to electronic scale and to not be suspect of the unit. Never used to feel the need to go faster than a beam scale but life is only getting busier.

Just in from Area 419 :(

We would like to thank you for being patient while we work on restocking parts for the Auto-Trickler kits, mainly the clear lid. The material we use for these is also used to make protective equipment for healthcare, and as you can imagine the demand is outrageous.We’d love to have them ready for you and we are working on getting these in stock and shipped out as soon as possible but Corona-world has made certain aspects of this difficult. Once again we appreciate your business and patience.

Got my tracking number today! I had ordered an Area 419 lid a few weeks ago when their website said they still had stock. Hopefully they set it aside for my scale at that time and should be shipping together.

Got my tracking number today! I had ordered an Area 419 lid a few weeks ago when their website said they still had stock. Hopefully they set it aside for my scale at that time and should be shipping together.

from CE? I should be expecting a tracking number today or tomorrow. Im gonna shit when it finally hits.

I just have the scale now

V3 is on order.

Ah...I thought I saw on another thread that you had both....welp....I think you'll enjoy it immensely.

I loaded some pistol the other day and was only dropping 5 grains...so I turned the throw off and just let it trickle. Yea...I know...I could have thrown them with a regular throw...not like I'm looking for 1/2MOA accuracy out of a 45 at 100yards...but still...was much faster than expected.

Ah...I thought I saw on another thread that you had both....welp....I think you'll enjoy it immensely.

I loaded some pistol the other day and was only dropping 5 grains...so I turned the throw off and just let it trickle. Yea...I know...I could have thrown them with a regular throw...not like I'm looking for 1/2MOA accuracy out of a 45 at 100yards...but still...was much faster than expected.
I did weigh 50 charges on my Hornandy and tune them up with the fx120 last night.
What do yo think going from a .26 spread to a .02 will do?

I did weigh 50 charges on my Hornandy and tune them up with the fx120 last night.
What do yo think going from a .26 spread to a .02 will do?

Depends on how close you are to the edge of a node and what temp swings will do to move that line. It could show very little improvement...and it could show a hell of a lot of improvement. However, when you measure everything to the 0.02....you have extreme confidence in your loads.

So, now I don't even think about the powder aspect...I'm going down the rabbit hole of neck tension.

Reactions: black5.3
One of my orders came in today for the AutotricklerV3.

419box.png

419a.png

419b.png

419c.png

Now...waiting on the other stuff....like the glass top and stuff.

I have a question for ya, and since we are all on the same page here, I'm wondering what do you set the "auto throw" for? in respect to how close to the final charge weight? so say your starting at 71grs? and when you do your initial ladder test, do you just use your phone or table to increase the charge weight for the 10rds as you go up incrementally by .2grs? Thanks

I'm going to be starting my 300WM load development using IMR 4831, 180 Bergers, nosler brass(new) and Federal magnum, primers. I intend on starting at 71gr and going to 73gr. Any thoughts? or "end user" experience with my components?

Reactions: b2lee
For a ladder test....I set the first rounds with the autothrow 2grains below the target and let it spin up on te trickler...say I start at 71gr....I'll set it at 69gr or so manually on the throw....I don't get OCD...I just get it close...let the trickler get the rest....then I simply change the target weight with my phone...it doesn't take much more time at all for the trickler to spin up a few more grains.

So...I don't keep tweaking the throw weight each time...I just change the target weight...I'm generally seating using a LE Wilson Arbor die at the same time...and by the time I seat a bullet...wipe the round off with a rag....the next powder charge is ready.

For a ladder test....I set the first rounds with the autothrow 2grains below the target and let it spin up on te trickler...say I start at 71gr....I'll set it at 69gr or so manually on the throw....I don't get OCD...I just get it close...let the trickler get the rest....then I simply change the target weight with my phone...it doesn't take much more time at all for the trickler to spin up a few more grains.

So...I don't keep tweaking the throw weight each time...I just change the target weight...I'm generally seating using a LE Wilson Arbor die at the same time...and by the time I seat a bullet...wipe the round off with a rag....the next powder charge is ready.

Thanks , cheers

So I checked My UPS Choice this morning and low and behold it might be for real this time:

1597407467268.png

Ordered on May 28, paid in full July 28 and fingers crossed it will be here on the 19th. 11 weeks total, feels almost as long as waiting on an ATF approval.

So I checked My UPS Choice this morning and low and behold it might be for real this time:

View attachment 7398276

Ordered on May 28, paid in full July 28 and fingers crossed it will be here on the 19th. 11 weeks total, feels almost as long as waiting on an ATF approval.

well shit. did you get an. email from CE with tracking? or you found out by dumb luck logging into your UPS

Mine was supposed to ship yesterday, however no tracking info so far? :(
Same with mine according to an email from CE about another item I ordered.. she said it should be going out on Thursday. I checked MyUPS and went to the calendar and I have an item comeing from ITL Diagnostics from Port Huron MI. Im assuming thats CE

June 16 I made my deposit. Got shipping conf today. I paid full invoice about a week ago. my order number did change on todays shipping conf

June 11 deposit, August 5th final payment, shipped August 14, expected delivery August 20. It will be 10 weeks from deposit to delivery.

Good news troops, mine shipped :) on Thursday, as referenced in the final email payment, just a "heads up" though, I didn't get a email notification, I had to check my account via the invoice, and that's where I saw the tracking info, just an FYI, in case you end up in the same situation? Cheers

yea I ended up logging in and finding it. mine should be here tomorrow. I dont think I been this excited for something to be delivered. the wait has been painful
Let's hope it lives up to the hype after waiting 12 weeks for mine. I did finally get my Henderson Precision trimmer last week after a 10 week wait. It is worth the hype.

Let's hope it lives up to the hype after waiting 12 weeks for mine. I did finally get my Henderson Precision trimmer last week after a 10 week wait. It is worth the hype.
My standard deviations with RL-33 powder dropped from 14 to 3.7. It is a damn fine machine.

Reactions: Sixwhiskey
My Autotrickler combo showed up last night. Spent the evening getting it all set up and cussing myself on why I didn't order this years ago. Mine showed up with the 100g calibration weight and the lexan lid I ordered about a month ago when CE still had them in stock. Still need to get some kind of marble block to set it on and a dust cover. Little bit of an upgrade from the old Hornady Beam scale hahaha
IMG_3228.jpg

If you're looking for something heavy and stable to set it on, I got a 9*12*2 surface plate from Grizzly. About $50 delivered. Weighs 27-28 lbs. The scale and trickler fit on it, so I don't have either one vibrating when I move around my shop. Seems to have cut down on that last grain dropping from the spout.

If you're looking for something heavy and stable to set it on, I got a 9*12*2 surface plate from Grizzly. About $50 delivered. Weighs 27-28 lbs. The scale and trickler fit on it, so I don't have either one vibrating when I move around my shop. Seems to have cut down on that last grain dropping from the spout.
Sounds good, I'll check it out. I've got a quartz cutting board in the kitchen with rubber feet and I think it might get repurposed if I'm allowed

Adams card that comes in the package says "to the Kernel within 10 seconds".

I have never in my life purchased something that has over performed like this thing has...

good lord. I did a comparison to my Lyman Gen 6 and the V3. The same weights thrown, I can throw 4 charges in the time it takes to throw one with the Gen6 and they are to the .01 grain of H4350.