• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BAD ASS Air Rifle

The big bore air rifles are pretty cool, I'm really hoping that they start to catch on and drive the technology level up.

I could not believe it did that, A person would not try that with A .22lr or A .22mag, and as you say That is some Technology. Heaven help us if they make a 50 cal version.

John

Here's a mass produced 44cal version from South Korea already. In tests they're right about 210-215 FPE not the 237 claimed, but that's still substantial and they penetrate surprisingly well.

Sam Yang Big Bore 44 909 Light Hunter 500cc. Air rifles

There are some homebuilts out there that are 50, 54, 58, 69 caliber and most of them are shooting ML bullets at high subsonic velocities

Bill, I dont know if I'm quite that game but I am shocked with the fact that thing got lodged under the skin the other side. thats Crazy,

John

I jumped into the PCP precision air rifle market with both feet recently, super accurate, plenty of punch of even deer at close range if you aim for the ear hole or occular socket.

Reactions: JOS
I jumped into the PCP precision air rifle market with both feet recently, super accurate, plenty of punch of even deer at close range if you aim for the ear hole or occular socket.

So what Caliber are the ones you are using, because in the UK anything with over 12 ftlbs needs a firearm certificate/Licience, I have seen AR versions with over 100ftlbs in .177

John

So what Caliber are the ones you are using, because in the UK anything with over 12 ftlbs needs a firearm certificate/Licience, I have seen AR versions with over 100ftlbs in .177

John

22c (5.5mm) and my gun runs right about 35.5 ft-lb currently. It will go as high as 40 or as low as 25, but at 35 it's a nice balance and it shoots knotholes.

22c (5.5mm) and my gun runs right about 35.5 ft-lb currently. It will go as high as 40 or as low as 25, but at 35 it's a nice balance and it shoots knotholes.

So what knid of range does it have compared to the 12ftlbs models?

John

Personally I haven't shot it past 102yd, there are a multitude of youtube clips of guys putting 16 and 18gr pellets completely through empty pellet tins at 200m, I have some 25gr pellets that go through 1" pine board at 50m without problems.

I think I've seen some talk of guys engaging 220-240m targets with them, clay birds and similar sized things. I think the longest kill I've heard regularly is crows at 200-215m

Personally I haven't shot it past 102yd, there are a multitude of youtube clips of guys putting 16 and 18gr pellets completely through empty pellet tins at 200m, I have some 25gr pellets that go through 1" pine board at 50m without problems.

I think I've seen some talk of guys engaging 220-240m targets with them, clay birds and similar sized things. I think the longest kill I've heard regularly is crows at 200-215m

Thats quite refined even for a .22 let alone an Air Rifle and tthat also makes it a perfect Practice weapon. I think Im going to have to look in to these a bit more.

John

I bought the full size rifle over the bull-pup from Kalibrgun so that I could easily mount a bipod and practice much like I would with a full power gun.

I know that the import price on them is going up soon, if you're going to buy one in the next few weeks then do it sooner than later to save yourself about $100

If I shoot from between my house and the hot tub on the deck, between the deck railing slats, I can shoot 119yd, but really it's better to say 102yd is about my useful range in the back yard. It makes for a very difficult shot in windy conditions and with good glass on top you can watch the pellets just like watching trace.

The suppressors on the front of the Kalibrguns are effective but simplistic. I plan to rebuild the internals on mine (since they're on an air rifle and unregulated by the ATF this is legal, even the ATF says so publicly). It's currently quiet enough that it can be shot on the deck while my wife is in the kitchen with open windows and she only knows I'm shooting because she knows what to listen for.

ETA: This is the place that I bought mine from, super nice guy and the price seemed as good as anywhere else.

http://www.wildwestairguns.com/Cricket-Rifle_p_19.html

Considering the price of high quality 22's and high quality match grade pellets, the price tag evens out the cost of the rifle in about 1.5 yrs plus I get all the extra shooting time by practicing on my deck instead of driving to the range.

Love my BSA R-10 Mark 2. We have problems with iguanas in Florida and this is perfect for them. Used as pest remover at dairy farm with pigeon problems and worked perfect. .22 cal with H&N Baracuda /