• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake Pics

Re: Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake Pics

Here's a pic of one I just got on my new .338LM build.

kmw338-4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IAK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody make a thread protector for this brake with a sleeve that also covers the turned down section as well? </div></div>

I was also wondering this?

I would have to take mine off for F-Class, I would not want to be moving the rifle around a lot without some protection for the threads, knowing my luck I would drop it and screw them up.

I am guessing this is something that a shop would probably have to fab up custom?

Thanks,
Capt Richardson </div></div>

I shoot F-class with my rifle. I just leave the brake on until they call rifles to the line. If you leave the allen screw loose it takes all of 5 seconds to unscrew the brake and then I toss it in a pocket in my mat. Screw it back on when you're finished your string or just leave it off until the match is finished.

Since the Badger FTE can be had in either a 5/8 or 3/4" thread, if you wanted to have the option of mounting a suppressor later, should you go with the 5/8"? (assuming your barrel is thick enough to accept either thread)

Will the threading that is required for the FTE brake be acceptable to most thread-on cans?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim1071</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do they make a similar brake for us with threaded barrels ?
smile.gif
</div></div>

Impact, this is what the threading on your barrel needs to look
like.

nx191h.jpg
</div></div>

Do you see a problem if I duracoat the throated part as far as fit or function? Also, anybody have a pic with a FTE taken off and adding a suppressor?

Was trying to order a FTE break....Do they only come in black? If so, are the ones on this thread painted silver or has the black been stripped off them leaving them silver?

back from the dead

+2 on a suppressor, which suppressors would work???

Any can that matches your thread pattern will work. I have a 5/8x24 thread pitch and it works fine with a YHM can

Moon at GAP just put a Badger Thruster on my APA and he told me that he removes his to clean it after ever shoot and I can also remove mine without affecting the timing. Don't know if I will ever remove it but that is what I was told.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my GAP .308 w/a friends SAS can on it & with the FTE on it... The barrel is a Rock in the Sendero profile.... </div></div>
Nice pictures man, I am in the process of building a very similar rifle (slightly lighter barrel though). Got any more?

Hey does anyone know - are they one-size fits all, or do they come in a range of sizes?
They look kinda bulky, but quick removal is a big bonus...

how is the construction on these? Anyone had a problem with the screw/clamp assembly getting dirty and binding, etc?

Please measure your OD of barrel before put an order.

The BBL will need 3/4" model.

100_2553.jpg

GAP
Chamber: 300 12 Egg Magnum
Action: Blueprinted Remington 700
Barrel: 30 inch Obermeyer in M24 contour, 11.25 twist, 5R Rifling
Stock: HS Precision M24
Bottom Metal: Badger M4
Base: Badger
Rings: Badger
Brake: Badger FTE
Optic: Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Gen II XR, MTC, ST

The Badger FTE does a fantastic job of cutting the recoil of this massive round down.

The FTE brake looks like a lotta things.....ugly isn't one of them. My long range tactical rifle(the one that exsists only in my imagination) has a FTE brake on it because I think it looks, mean and imposing to say the least. Once I finally get my shit together my real rifle will have one as well. I'll post pics then...

so let me get this right, you can have a suppressor on your rifle and if you dont want the suppressor anymore for some reason, you can still install the Badger FTE muzzle brake by yourself with out the need of a gunsmith and then switch back to the suppressor as many times as you want right, of course with the right thread..

=)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cryptopunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a pic of one I just got on my new .338LM build.

kmw338-4.jpg
</div></div> Show me more!

My GAP 308. Do I think they look cool? Yes. But do they actually work? Hell Yeah!!

DSCN0375.jpg

so these things just clamp on over the barrel ?
no thread required ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Medic_01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so these things just clamp on over the barrel ?
no thread required ? </div></div>
The barrel still needs to be threaded and a shoulder behind the threads needs to be machined in order for the brake to clamp on, like this pic that was posted earlier.

nx191h.jpg

I have a FTE brake, and think it is the way to go if you want the opinion to switch it out for a suppressor. If you aren't going to use a suppressor, there are probably better opinions that are sleeker or more effective. When shooting prone it doesn't kick up a lot of dirt, if you are level, because of side ports.

so let me get this right, you can have a suppressor on your rifle and if you dont want the suppressor anymore for some reason, you can still install the Badger FTE muzzle brake by yourself with out the need of a gunsmith and then switch back to the suppressor as many times as you want right, of course with the right thread..

=)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonathan S10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so let me get this right, you can have a suppressor on your rifle and if you dont want the suppressor anymore for some reason, you can still install the Badger FTE muzzle brake by yourself with out the need of a gunsmith and then switch back to the suppressor as many times as you want right, of course with the right thread..

=)</div></div>

Assuming you have your barrel threaded correctly, yes. You can swap out suppressor for FTE brake yourself and vise versa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ftebrake002.jpg

This one is on a GAP build .338LM MTU Bartlein BBL. </div></div>

I've been wondering if there is a prefered way to mount the FTE in relation to the muzzle crown. If you look at the above pic, the muzzle end is slightly recessed into the brake. In later pics by salmonaxe and Saito - they have the muzzle end either flush with the inside of the brake wall or slightly extruding into the opening.

Of those three options (recessed, flush, or extruded), is there a preferred way to mount it? I wonder because we all know the shape of the crown is important to the accuracy, so to me the recessed option (like in the pic above) seems like it would almost act as part of the crown. Sorry, if I'm over thinking this. I currently have mine flush to slightly sticking out beyond the brake wall based on the notion that recessed would act as a secondary crown.

Related Q: what do you soak the brake in to clean it?

I don't have the FTE but I am running a Sako break on my Rem 700 .300WM (I threaded the Rem at 18X1 for the TBAC suppressor I bought to run on the Sako and the Rem).

Dust commented after shooting the .300WM with the muzzle break that it was more comfortable to shoot then his .308.

I love breaks and after a torn rotator cup and a broken shoulder I need all the help I can get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have the FTE but I am running a Sako break on my Rem 700 .300WM (I threaded the Rem at 18X1 for the TBAC suppressor I bought to run on the Sako and the Rem).

Dust commented after shooting the .300WM with the muzzle break that it was more comfortable to shoot then his .308.

I love breaks and after a torn rotator cup and a broken shoulder I need all the help I can get. </div></div>

Yep, that rifles a pussycat now. I'll take a day of sending 210's out of the mag than 175's from the .308. If I wasn't gettng a suppressor myself, i'd be getting it threaded and a FTE mounted up.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but I love seeing my hits easier and don't care much for recoil. call me a puss but I think it is cool to see my hits and have a 243 that recoils less than a 223 is really fun to shoot.</div></div>

I wouldnt give a jot.. brakes improve the performance of your precision weapon.. go for it
smile.gif

how much does the brake add to the over all length of the rifle?
and what is the interior width of the no-threaded sleeve section that slides over the barrel? thanks a bunch!!!

MORTIS DE EMIMUS

a3af9e61.jpg

what kind of binos are those on the table? look interesting. image stabilization i take it. Brand and model?