• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Badger Rings, getting ready to order. What height?

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I am getting ready to order a set of Badger Rings for a Permier Heritage DT 3-15. It will be going on my GAP 308 with heavy Obermeyer barrel. Think they call it a number 7 contour, but not positive. From some info I have gotten, I think I need the 1" tall (shortest 34 mm available) rings from BO. Is this correct?

Also, if any vendors here have any in stock PM me.

Re: Badger Rings, getting ready to order. What height?

Yes, the 1" tall rings are your best option. Also consider the 0.970" Seekins HIGH rings.

I talked to Jerry at PR, and he told me on his Remmy 700 with Badger 20 MOA base and MTU contour, the Seekins LOW rings (0.920") allowed the bottom of the sunshade to just touch the top of the barrel. He was able to correct it with some sandpaper. And so it appears 0.920" is the low limit for that setup, making the Seekins HIGH rings for 1" Badgers just about perfect.

Re: Badger Rings, getting ready to order. What height?

Kind of wanting to go with Badgers on this setup. Although I really love the Seekins products. May consider going that route though. It would be cheaper and I am using a Seekins rail anyway.