• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Baker Wings... Seriously?

cfwii1979

Force Recon
Minuteman
Is this for real? Whats the shop talk on these things. Sounds like their saying they "shape" the sonic pulse of the discharge into a more preferable flow pattern? Err.. off of a barricade rest that is... Do i have that right? Wish theyd post some science along with that 200$ price tag is all im sayin.
Anyone use em? Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: Badjujuu
actually seeing them used to create more chassis engagement to bag makes some sense but why not go all the way n run a straight edge down yr fore mag panel down about 6inches anchored to yr chassis in addition? if yr gonna mention eliminating mag to bag contact then why not take the step and ELIMINATE IT.

How is this different from gamer plates?

How is this different from gamer plates?

The wings make it easier to level the rifle, because they ride above the bottom of the rifle's forearm. They also allow you to get your thumb higher up on the rifle in relation to the bore. Marginal improvements, but definitely better in practice than a gamer plate. They also weigh less than a lot of plates.

But a thumb rest of some sort often works just as well for a lot of folks, and costs less. Like this little guy:

now that i know what theyre for, bag join and grip, i can see their use. still traveling on the road to gamer plates. havent arrived yet.

Anything that allows you to get your support thumb solidly on the rifle will work just as well, and maybe better if it lets you get more of your hand around the bag.

Having used both, I'd much much much rather use a Area419 Rail Changer X than the Baker wings. Also it's cheaper and removable.