• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Barrel questions

arnie19

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Ca.
Planning to build a target bull barrel 6.5 Grendel or clone on a new side charger receiver . .Whats your opinion on Krieger barrels ,Les Baer barrels .Lothar Walther barrels ,and Bartlien . Im leaning to Krieger .Arnie

Pick one and move on...PERIOD!

All of the aforementioned barrels are of exceptional quality, especially the Krieger, LW and Bartlein barrels. I know that LBC makes some of the most accurate semi-autos on the market in my experience with several different samples, but I have no idea what mfg's blanks they are starting with aside from the fact that they are cut rifled, 5-groove, 416-R SS match blanks that LBC works over. As for the Krieger...just be prepared that if you aren't working with a smith that has inventory available, or you don't already have a barrel in the pipeline if coming direct from Krieger...you could be waiting a long, LONG time to get it in hand. Worth the wait...yes...but depending on your timeframe for this build you may want to look elsewhere (and who knows...CA may have banned everything down to and including waterproof matches by then). ;)

ORD , to quote a friend of mine ,im so old I don't even buy green bananas any more ha . Any way I found a company that has Krieger barrels all ready to install so that's a big help. Guess I will order one tomorrow morning . Arnie