• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing barrel tools + gunsmith

bart.herens

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
hi people,

Is there anyone on this forum that require the tools at home and knowlegle to produce a custom barrel for me ?

Friendly regards,

Bart

Re: barrel tools + gunsmith

i dont know nothinh about making barrels and dont have tools , im searching for somebody that can produce a barrel.I have drawed a design and wanna let it produce by somebody

You have need the complete barrel produced, or you need a barrel blank installed? What is special about your design? Is it something that could be modified from a current barrel blank, or do you need someone who can make a barrel from bar stock?

Answers to those will be necessary to determine if someone has the proper tools.

Dave

i need a barrel build from a bar stock , its a fluted barrel.i have made a design of the barrel that will fit on my rifle, just a drawing and i want to talk about it with a gunsmith if it could be done or not...

se5dti.jpg

8xszzm.jpg

All barrels start out from bar stock.
They get drilled, reamed, rifled on the inside and the outside gets profiled down to whatever the final profile is before it gets finished.
You can buy barrel blanks that are a full 1.25" (or larger) diameter cylinder.
Almost any design of profile can be created from a blank.