• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5CM

Edub33

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2020
Hey folks - have a buddy selling a Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5CM with Talley rings for $1500. It’s been fired 5-6 times but otherwise sits in his safe unused. Don’t need a new rifle, but I like the idea of buying from a friend without a paper trail. Does anyone have any input on this rifle? Not a lot of info on the World Wide Web.

I'm a Fieldcraft fan. Mine is in 7mm-08, but it's a well built, lightweight rig that is very well suited for it's intended purpose.

Reactions: Edub33
Price seem right for what you get?
I think so. Lightweight, bespoke action, Timney trigger, carbon fiber stock, high degree of fit and finish, etc...

The twist rates and internal mag length are well suited for modern projectiles, as well.

Look on GB, they are going for well over 2k. New they were $1500-$1800. I have 2 and love them. They are not being made right now because Barretts resources are being used for military contracts. They probably won't resume production for a while. Its worth every penny he's asking. If you don't like it, sell it for a profit.

Agreed, cool gun. Meant to snag one up after they halted production but could bever find the caliber I wanted. You should do it.

Resale might not be as high, but the fieldcraft is one of the finest factory lightweight hunting rifles ever built.

Have one in 308 and it is my goto moose rifle. In fact I just sold my sauer 202 since I always end up bringing the Barrett. CM is probably a nice caliber for it.

Buy it in a heartbeat for $1500.
If it’s the 18” threaded model, it’s the best lightweight suppressor ready factory rifle produced.