• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beanland build has touched down

K_4c

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    My hats off to J. Beanland and the way he does business. Absolutely perfect customer service. Accurate turn time, addressed any and all of my concerns/requests in a timely manner and delivered a product that still has me smiling:)

Build components:
    Bighorn TL2
    Kreiger 1:8/m24/5r/.260 rem
    Surgeon dbm
    Timney trigger
    McM a5 adj gap camo

Glass:
    S&B 5-25x56/H2CMR

Suppressor:
    Tbac 30-BA

Range report listed below;)

syy0ep.jpg

2im3z2f.jpg

Last edited:
    Beautiful! How do you like the Bighorn? I just purchased one and can't wait to compare to my Surgeons and Deviant.

Super smooth action man... When laying behind the rifle and working the bolt forward and aft, I can't get it to bind up even with an extreme amount of pressure canting the bolt. Feels robust, I can top load it, clean lines and the floating bolt head might lend itself to a future 6.5 saum build;) I'm holding off till brass becomes more available to venture into that caliber. Overall, I'm very impressed. AJ did a great job with these.

Pretty cool for a bitch I guess... ;)

Sick lookin rifle man. Looking forward to checkin it out in person! Hopefully your S&B actually works!

Much appreciated guys... My friends always tell me that I'm "trying to catch that dragon" aka Gun ADD, well I think I caught that dragon and skull F'd it;). Of course I've got other firearms to push around to scratch that new itch.

Whew! Very sexy and plus 1 on bighorn ...if your to busy no time for load testing i offer free service:)

I finally got out and shot my build.... family man first;)

All 5 shot groups (and as always, I'd drop the last shot on my best groups).
    Lupua 139 and Berger 140 hybrids
    2i9mnq1.jpg

mj7ok8.jpg

hell even AMAX's shoot great....

15dl3x5.jpg

Last edited:
    Is that second set of pics 42.9 grains of H4350?

Yeah, I apologize... I was writing on my leg once I pulled the targets.

42.6, 42.9 and 43.2 (all shot great), 42.9 puts me at 2790 fps with no pressure signs... slight ejector swipes at 43.2....

Jon will be getting my badger m2008/.308 once I blow out the barrel. I'll have him chamber it for 155's. He does great work, but most important, his CS was outstanding... he's a guy I'd like to share few beers and shoot the shit with anytime;)

Last edited:
    Super smooth action man... When laying behind the rifle and working the bolt forward and aft, I can't get it to bind up even with an extreme amount of pressure canting the bolt. Feels robust, I can top load it, clean lines and the floating bolt head might lend itself to a future 6.5 saum build;) I'm holding off till brass becomes more available to venture into that caliber. Overall, I'm very impressed. AJ did a great job with these.

Brass is readily available right now. Last I checked Copper Creek had 8k pieces on hand. GAP is collaborating with some manufacturers to see if properly head stamped brass could be had in the near future. Don't let the brass scare you away! It is a badass caliber, I really enjoy mine.

Nice rig! Have fun with it.

Yeah, I apologize... I was writing on my leg once I pulled the targets.

42.6, 42.9 and 43.2 (all shot great), 42.9 puts me at 2790 fps with no pressure signs... slight ejector swipes at 43.2....

Not bad for starting out. I think it should do better. Try 37.5 gr varget and jump that 140 hybrid. .010 - .020 and see if u can tighten it up a bit. Might even start at 37 and work up.

Not bad for starting out. I think it should do better. Try 37.5 gr varget and jump that 140 hybrid. .010 - .020 and see if u can tighten it up a bit. Might even start at 37 and work up.

I'll certainly give it a shot. Thanks for the chiming in brother.... Always appreciate the extra hand.

side note: I'm sure the rifle can do better (my trigger time is limited lately) but I'm very happy with what I got out of her in the first 90 rounds down the pipe.

Varget? I heard once about that powder.
    Jon, if you could send a 8# jug with my build when it's done, that would be great!

That is one great looking rifle. Can't wait for my turn to be up with Jon, only about five more months.