• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best bolt action rifle for $2500

Plasmech

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2009
OK so I know "best" is subjective, but what is the general consensus here on the 'Hide regarding $2,500 'bolts? Currently I am looking at a Remington custom 40 X, but want to think outside my own little box and explore all possibilities. Thanks!

Re: Best bolt action rifle for $2500

tikka T3 for me - T3 supervarmint, its got everything of a "custom" rifle at a good price (great trigger, great action, good barrel, adjustiable stock (comb/ lengh of pull)

I have had a few rifles built and I have shot a bunch of friends and familys rifles in all types of price ranges, although I may be a little biased but I prefer my Remington 5r to them all... I cant shoot it enough, the rifle is great to me, makes me look like a pro..
$900 for the rifle .308
$50 for a Karsten adjustable cheek
$60 for a graco adjustable butt plate
$225 for a jewell trigger
$40 tactical knob
$280 HS bottom metal and magazine
Cut it down to 20"s 11 deg target crown
So for around $1500 I built the best bolt I have ever owned... And I can shoot this barrel out then have all the custom work I want done to it...
007.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Logos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For me it's the Sako TRG. </div></div>

What he said. Can't go wrong with a TRG 22.
smile.gif

Don't exclude a pre-owned AIAE. May be able to find one for just a bit more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldreliable45120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sako TRG-22 or FN-SPR. Both rifles will do anything you want them too.</div></div>

+1 on this cant go wrong with either

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob10475</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_2448.jpg

Remington 700 5R .300 Win Mag
Timney 510 Trigger
Bell & Carlson Medalist A-5 Stock (Glass bedded)
Wyatt's detachable Magazine
JP Howitzer Muzzle Brake
Harris Bi-Pod 6-9 BR
Badger Ord. oversized Bolt knob
Leupold 8.5-25x50 Mark 4 LR/T M1 Mil-dot
Leupold Mark 4 rings and base </div></div>

Everything was brand new and total was $3061. Slightly over your $2500 Mark. But this included all shipping of parts and shipping to and from smith also!

I would go with half an AW.

i got my hs precision for around that price, might want to take a look at it if it tickles your fancy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pre-owned GAP </div></div>

Bingo! Look in the For Sale section here at the Hide and you can find some great deals.

Sako TGR 22
Tikka varmint/manner stock/CDI DBM
Rem 5R/ AICS
In that order
Spend a little more and get the AI AE MKII