• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best commonly found on shelves bourbon/ scotch/ whiskey.

A dash of quality Amaretto for the godfather helps fix a cheap scotch.

Reactions: bullseye13
Bulleit rye whiskey

Go to drink is 2 shots of whiskey with 1 shot of vodka.

You get the same effect as adding water to whiskey, it mellows it out and brings out the flavor without diluting it.
That is something I've never heard. I'll try it!

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I like the wheated bourbons, they are smoother, with a mellow heat, not astringent. So I have gravitated to Larceny and Old Forrester. Both run about $30-$40 a bottle. However, Wild Turkey 101 is very underrated and about $21 a bottle.

Well, over the year we've done what we could to amass a bit of a "Bourbon Collection." This is to see/try the gamut of flavors and nuances. No, we haven't gotten or tried them ALL, simply because there are so many on the market. Add to that, the gov't up here in Canada only allows so-many offerings of so-many brands into the country, to begin with.

This is what we've got "on-hand":
Four Roses.....one of my 'top three'.
Four Roses Single Barrel
Knob Creek..... a staple
Booker's..... one of my 'top three'.
B&E
Bulleit..... a staple
Blanton's...... one of my 'top three'.
Maker's Mark..... a staple
Buffalo Trace...... definitely My Lady's favorite. Always must have it on hand and we pick up a bottle every couple/three months or so.
Eagle Rare
Knob Creek Smoke Maple-----Never EVER buy this again. Might be good as syrup to pour onto ice-cream,,,, but otherwise, blechhhh
Paddleford Creek
W.L. Weller..... one of My Lady's favorites
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Woodford Reserve.... a staple
Old Forrester
Weller Special Reserve
Jim Beam Repeal Batch
Bird Dog

We've had a few others as well, but the names escape me. The bottles (empty) are put away for the moment, until we're able to set up a "bar decor" here. That project is 'into the future' as too many other things are on the immediate boil-over burner right now.

Well, over the year we've done what we could to amass a bit of a "Bourbon Collection." This is to see/try the gamut of flavors and nuances. No, we haven't gotten or tried them ALL, simply because there are so many on the market. Add to that, the gov't up here in Canada only allows so-many offerings of so-many brands into the country, to begin with.

This is what we've got "on-hand":
Four Roses.....one of my 'top three'.
Four Roses Single Barrel
Knob Creek..... a staple
Booker's..... one of my 'top three'.
B&E
Bulleit..... a staple
Blanton's...... one of my 'top three'.
Maker's Mark..... a staple
Buffalo Trace...... definitely My Lady's favorite. Always must have it on hand and we pick up a bottle every couple/three months or so.
Eagle Rare
Knob Creek Smoke Maple-----Never EVER buy this again. Might be good as syrup to pour onto ice-cream,,,, but otherwise, blechhhh
Paddleford Creek
W.L. Weller..... one of My Lady's favorites
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Woodford Reserve.... a staple
Old Forrester
Weller Special Reserve
Jim Beam Repeal Batch
Bird Dog

We've had a few others as well, but the names escape me. The bottles (empty) are put away for the moment, until we're able to set up a "bar decor" here. That project is 'into the future' as too many other things are on the immediate boil-over burner right now.
So you like the regular Four Rose's compared to the single barrel?

So you like the regular Four Rose's compared to the single barrel?

I get how that came across, but let me explain. My "top three" are those which I try to have on hand at all times. There are a number of other offerings that are in the 'special' category. Mostly because they are a "special offering" and not on the shelf much to begin with. Or only available for a limited time, and whatnot. There are many that are truly great. Just think of it as similar to Pappy. Everyone can think it's great, but not everyone can just pop-down-to-the-local-liquor-store and pick up a bottle. Forgot to add, that there are many different offerings of Blanton's too. We can only get the one at the best of times.

Hope that helps clarify things. Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Pendleton is not a bourbon, It's canadian. Bourbon is American. ( I own a liquor store) There is a difference. Myself, i drink Crown Royal, have for 30 years, other than a couple years of drinking Pendleton, (which started out here around $28 for a 1.75 mil) n then once it got price wise within $5 of Crown, i switched back. Bourbon is for the most part , harsher than canadian whiskey, I've always said if i had to drink Jack Daniels, i would quit drinking. I don't mind Jim Beam if i drink a bourbon. I have tried many of the bourbons mentioned in the threads so far, not impressed, but to each his own. i'm just not a bourbon drinker. Tried scotch one time, taste like crap, i was told u have to acquire a taste for scotch. Figure anything u have to acquire a taste for isn't worth it. Hell i didn't have to even acquire a taste for pussy, liked it right off the bat. :)
Never said it was a bourbon.
Title of the thread is best bourbon/scotch/ and whiskey.
;)

1. TX whiskey
2. Tin Cup whiskey

If I have time it will be 3 or 4 ice cubes and fill the glass, if I am in a hurry it is 2/3 glass and a splash of water. No cola, that shit is bad for you. I love waiting for the ice to melt and seeing that small foamy ring on the top of the glass. It is above room temp but not cold. Perfect for sipping.

In the event the wife switches from some wine it will be fireball and ice. I have no shame to drink some high school grade stuff. It is a little sweet but at 40 proof you can drink twice as much...

Jefferson's Reserve is my go to.

Everyone has different tastes/preferences, it is best just to be a good alcoholic, try them all and decided for yourself. The spectrum of flavors between those 3 categories as well as the range in each group will make your head spin.

I had one of my reps bring in his entire portfolio and educate my staff on different whiskeys. The range of preferences was amazing. (Nearly as amazing as us managing to finish our shifts hammered).

EH Taylor single barrel out of the freezer or ice cooler for you outdoorsy types.......just sayin?

I got some of this:
BEB4A151-0926-4264-B06A-62293698DE36.jpeg

Just to try...tastes like Jim Beam.
It says “extra aged” on the bottle, but nowhere on it does it say how long... 1min? 10 days? A year?

11 hrs tending a smoker and the better part of a suitcase of yuengling will get you there. I may pour a couple real drinks just because it don't much matter at this point.

11 hrs tending a smoker and the better part of a suitcase of yuengling will get you there. I may pour a couple real drinks just because it don't much matter at this point.

Hopefully, I have 2 cases of Yuengling headed my way.
View attachment 6991736
Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for the help.

Merry Christmas and holy baby Jesus, did you drink an entire bottle in one day?

Started keto diet and have to cut out the mix. What is better of the three, and what is your favorite brand of commonly found booze for drinking straight?
Thanks.

For Keto, any alcohol with 40% (80 proof) is fine as far as it not knocking you out of keto. The only thing you have to pay attention to is the calories.

This question is like "Whats the best pistol?"

100 different answers, none really wrong.

Like a favorite pistol no one can tell you what tastes best to you. Get your ass out and try some shit.

Oh yeah, and there is no "healthy" booze. it all fucks your system up and has empty calories

Last edited:
LMerry Christmas and holy baby Jesus, did you drink an entire bottle in one day?[/QUOTE]
This question is like "Whats the best pistol?"

100 different answers, none really wrong.

Like a favorite pistol no one can tell you what tastes best to you. Get your ass out and try some shit.

Oh yeah, and there is no "healthy" booze. it all fucks your system up and has empty calories
I totally agree. But for the new guy to whiskey, it might keep me from grabbing the Hi Point of alcohols. Lol

Reactions: Jaymiller5
I use to drink daily, now I drink rarely. For special occaisons its Laphroaig Quarter cask for me. Smokey, Peaty, and a finish that lasts a long time.

In no particular order:
  • Jefferson's Ocean
  • Michter's American Whiskey
  • High West American Prairie

Absolutely love Michter's American Whiskey, even though it's not technically a bourbon. I'm also a big fan of the following...

Buffalo Trace (Can be found for $20) a bottle, can't beat it at this price
W.L. Weller (damn near impossible to find in the Chicagoland area, but it's delicious)
Blanton's
Basil Hayden's
Bulleit
Baker's 107
Wild Turkey 101

I got some of this:
View attachment 6991601
Just to try...tastes like Jim Beam.
It says “extra aged” on the bottle, but nowhere on it does it say how long... 1min? 10 days? A year?
8 years. My brother and I compared it to the regular white label (aged 4 years) and I found it to be much better. Taste is fuller and much more complex. I do not care for the regular but this I could like.

Woodford Reserve- i always keep a few bottles around
Jefferson’s Small Batch- I always keep a few bottles around
Four Roses Small Batch- I just discovered this and I will keep stocked up on it, damn good !
Maker’s 46 - It’s okay
Buffalo Trace- decent
Bulleit- I like it a lot but it’s not one of my go to

When I don’t feel like Bourbon which is rare

Crown Royal- always have a few bottles on hand
Crown Royal Black- It’s decent
Crown Royal XO - it’s simply exquisite! Truely a special occasions drink
Remy Martin VSOP- another exquisite drink

LMerry Christmas and holy baby Jesus, did you drink an entire bottle in one day?

I totally agree. But for the new guy to whiskey, it might keep me from grabbing the Hi Point of alcohols. Lol[/QUOTE]

Well, like hi point, if the price is cheap as fuck........you are looking at the wrong shit.

Larceny is good in the $25-30 range
Rod and Rifle
Knob Creek
Not really a whiskey snob, but can't afford the $50 a bottle stuff. But plenty to choose from in the $25 range