• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Best excuse you've told or heard given to a cop!

Jpuckett

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2012
Mississippi
Ok guys, Im a state trooper and wondering what's the best excuse you've given or heard given to a cop, I can tell you've I've heard alot of good ones and one of the best ones told to me by an 88 year old female which I stopped for going 78 in a 55 zone, I walked up to the car and told her what I stopped her for and she young man at my age if I don't hurry up and get there I will forget where I'm going!.......I said have a nice day without writing her a ticket and about died of laughter when I got in my patrol car...

Re: Best excuse you've told or heard given to a cop!

"Why were you speeding?"

"Well officer, it's my civil duty as outlined by the founding fathers to ignore unjust laws and an arbitrary speed limit which is well below the actual safe speed for this interstate is nothing more than an unregulated tax, which according to the constitution is unlawful."

I loved that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mhp Trooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> young man at my age if I don't hurry up and get there I will forget where I'm going!... </div></div>

Good one!

Heard a few to many times.

"dat aint mine, day aint my drawers"

Or who me? Naw that Teddy bear in the floor board

I stopped a couple for speeding on the interstate. When I got to the car the female passenger was screaming and yelling at the male driver. He never said a word, he just looked straight forward. She says to me, "I have been telling him for two hours to slow down, he won't listen to me, maybe he will listen to you." The entire time I'm back at my car I can hear her yelling at the male driver.

When I get back to the car, I tell the driver to slow down, I'm not giving him a ticket becasue he will get far more punishment from his wife than the court will ever be bale to hand down. He slowly looks at me and says, with the most whipped puppy dog look on his face, "Can you just take me to jail?"

They were both very polite to me during the entire stop. She was still very upset as they drove off.

Not exactly an excuse, as the cop asked for it.... but when I was a teenager, I was riding thru New Mexico with my uncle, who owned a flight school and was licensed to fly damn near everything. State Patrol pulled us over at about 110 mph, and the cop -thinking he was gonna be a smarta55- sidled up to the car window and said "alright, buddy- lemme see your pilot's license."

Without a second's pause, my uncle pulled out his wallet and let the plastic accordion fall out, asking "which one do you want? I've got single engine, multi engine, multi turbo, jet, jet instrument, experimental..."

The cop cracked up, and, well, apparently you can't write a ticket without maintaining a straight face. We continued to Ruidoso without further incident.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"yes, officer I have been drinking... but my friend is drunk so I'm driving him and his car to my place." True story. Popo even followed me the rest of the way.</span>

Told the cop I was speeding to get away from the now Ex who I learned had been cheating on me with three other dudes for the past two months as I was finishing up my tour in Iraq. This was a week after moving in with her, two weeks after getting home.

He thanked me for my service and told me to slow it down a bit and stay safe.

When asked on 3 separate occasions, "whats the hurry?", I responded with "diarrhea". Unfortunately, all 3 times I wasn't lieing and I think the officer could tell by that "Oh dear god, please not yet" look on my face.

Officer asked me: "Do you have any idea why I pulled you over?"

My reply: "Well,,,, going sideways through that last intersection probably has something to do with it!"

After the story that ensued, he gave me a seatbelt ticket. I was appreciative.

so the lady friend I am riding with gets pulled over for speeding, she starts telling the hwy patrolman how her loose antenna causes harmonic distortion that makes his radar show a faster speed than she was driving. I managed to control my laughter until we drove away, and she was serious about the whole thing, needless to say I did not get any that night:)

Why were you speeding?

I just went through a divorce after my wife was caught cheeting with a local police officer. I thought you were the one and were trying to bring her back to me.

I friend of mine in high school (known to be an honest person) was a passenger in another dude's car (I knew the driver as well, but heard the story from the passanger).

They were driving at night and got behind a slow car. The driver turned off his headlights and passed the car and then turned the lights back on when he got around the slow car. A cop saw this and pulled them over. The cop asked why he turned his lights off when he passed the car.

His reply, "I went into stealth mode"...he got a ticket.

A friend left the bar when it closed at 1:00 A.M. He had a 12-pack sitting in the passenger seat for when he got home. A cop lights up his sirens and my buddy pulls over in a gas station, and immediately exits the car with the 12-pack, and cracks one open pounds it, cracks another one open pounds it too, and reaches in the case to grab a third. The cop walks up to him and asks him if he has been drinking tonight. My buddy responds "Well yeah, I just started right here in the parking lot, you want a beer?" The cop bust up laughing and made him walk home. But he didn't get a ticket.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When asked on 3 separate occasions, "whats the hurry?", I responded with "diarrhea". Unfortunately, all 3 times I wasn't lieing and I think the officer could tell by that "Oh dear god, please not yet" look on my face.

</div></div>
I've had the same.

In another somewhat related story. My best friend in high school's dad used to call the sheriffs dept and report cattle being out on the road somewhere the other direction from his house when he was about to leave the bar.

When I was 16 I was with my girlfriend taking her little brother to a Halloween party. I got pulled over in my small town because "A vehicle similar to mine was reportedly driving though neighborhoods and the people in the car were stealing the kids bags of candy". It was a BS excuse to search my car for eggs, toilet paper and anything else that I could be using to get myself in trouble. When they asked to search my car I told them "No. It would be pointless anyway because we already ate all of the evidence."

Two more cop cars eventually showed up and finally a 3rd showed up with a guy who was sleeping with my cousin so he told them to leave me alone. I was happy to let them stand there in the rain for no good reason as long as they felt like being dicks!

when I moved to Alaska back in 1991 driving up the ALCAN north of Dead horse I was pulled over doing 80 miles per hour with a pickup and 24' flatbed trailer. I figured I only had one chance in a million but went for it. When he got to my window I told him I knew why he was pulling me over but with that trailer behind me I couldn't get up to 90 miles per hour. I got a 30 minute lecture about the metric system but no ticket..

i said "sorry occifer but i got hammered last night and woke up with a vibrator in my butt, im just tryin to hurry home before the battery dies"........i got no ticket

Best one I got was while still on FTO... woman was very P/O'd that I stopped her with one headlight out. Warning offense... I've never given a ticket for a headlight. But a good reason for a stop at at peak DUI hours.

This wikken ranted on about how all us police were jackbooted thugs and that "this isn't George Bush's America where you pigs can do whatever you want and oppress innocent people..." This tribute to Montessori education had a mouth on her. And, yes, she used the P word. I thought that went out when The Mod Squad stopped running in syndication.... but there you go.

Then the kicker... she blurts out "...And I just came from a party where people were doing heroin and selling all kinds of hard drugs... Why don't you go after them? Why are you bothering me?"

Game on! Fun night.

Cheers,

Sirhr

As told to me by a detective friend of mine:

Saw a guy hauling ass and eventually caught up to him and stopped him.
Friend gets to the driver's window and before he can even say a word, the driver franticly begs him to give him a ticket as fast as he can.
He proceeds to tell him that he and his wife have been having severe marital problems and started to see a counselor.
The counselor determined that their schedules didn't allow them to have enough intimate time together and that their last hope was to schedule regular "Sex Dates" in the middle of the day.
My friends only words the entire time were "Hurry up and get home!"

Told to me many years ago by my hunting partner:
He was on his way home after an all night poker game.Officer pulls him over for weaving a little bit.
"How many drinks have you had tonight?"
My friend holds up 2 fingers.
"You've only had 2 drinks?"
My friend looks at his fingers and says " 2 ? I thought that was 11 !"
He said the cop was on the ground laughing.
My friend was told to " Get the hell out of here and don't let me see you on the road again tonight."

About a year ago my stepmom was critically injured in a car accident. They were taking her to the hospital but they never bothered to tell anyone which one. My dad has a heart condition and he was freaking out driving thru town looking for her. I had to take off after him and was probably doing 25 over to catch him. I was worried he would have a heart attack and crash, sending both of them to ER.

This off duty guy pulled me over and made me get out of the car. He was dead set on taking me to jail. My dad was in the passenger seat having a panic attack. A sergent that I have known for a long time pulled up and I told him what was going on. He told me to get in the backseat and he would deal with me. He told the off duty guy that he would take me down to the jail. Off duty guy had to stay with my vehicle. We dropped my dad off at the hospital and actually went and had coffee. The off duty guy sat out there for 2 hours and when we returned he looked confused. He asked me why I was coming back, I said "oh well sarge told me to tell you that you need to sit out here and file a report and since you arent in uniform, dont have your cruiser, and your family is in the car..... you are the one in trouble today"

Not really an excuse story but funny none the less.

I heard this from a friend who was a swat officer in a small department. He was pulling the night shift sitting on the side of the only piece of highway they have, when he hears a car roaring down the on ramp. He raises the radar gun only to catch the guy still accelerating toward him. He hits the lights and thankfully the guy slows and pulls over just pass him. When he gets to the car he says " I've been waiting all night for YOU " without missing a beat the guy says " I got here as fast as I could " He didn't have the heart to give him a ticket. Laughing too hard I guess.

I heard this from a friend who was a swat officer in a small department. He was pulling the night shift sitting on the side of the only piece of highway they have, when he hears a car roaring down the on ramp. He raises the radar gun only to catch the guy still accelerating toward him. He hits the lights and thankfully the guy slows and pulls over just past him. When he gets to the car he says " I've been waiting all night for YOU " without missing a beat the guy says " I got here as fast as I could " He didn't have the heart to give him a ticket. Laughing too hard I guess.

Who me? Looking around frantically like I'm talking to casper the invisible ghost.

These ain't my pants, they my cousins...

Thats not my crack! (I just pulled it out of your pants) No, these are my cousins pants.

3am traffic stop... I just bought this car, from my friend. (It's stolen) This car? No, its not my car.

2am sitting on perimeter of foot bail, and see a dude running. I get him in custody and ask him what he's doing. Excercising! Other officer that initiated pursuit arrives and says "thats him". Guy looks around frantically and says "me?" Pat search reveals drugs. No, thats not mine. These aint my pants, they are my cousins. So the car you were in is stolen.... What car? The car you were driving. Oh, that car! No, its not mine. No crap, you stole it!

No, I wasn't shooting at them. I was shooting in the air so they thought I was shooting at them!

I'm sure I will remember more.

Back in the late 80's. On a nice July evening at around 2:00am, I was driving down the Trans-Canada in my modified Dodge Omni GLH Turbo (~190HP) at around 140mph (not Kph). I saw a cop that had a car pulled over on the side of the road and managed to slow down to around 100mph before passing them. The cop was out of his car at the time. I cruised along for a while and didn't see any lights behind me and sped back up to 140mph. About 10 minutes later I hit the road block they set up for me. They pulled me over and told me to wait. After another 10 minutes the cop that I originally passed showed up. He walked up to my window and looked at my car and said: "I didn't know these things could go that fast.". I grinned and said, "they can't". He laughed but it didn't work and I got nailed with an excessive speeding ticket.

I got pulled over after leaving a party in high school, I wasn't drinking cause I had to work at 5 a.m.

Sheriff: "You drinking tonight?"

Me: "You buying?"

The sheriff laughs pretty good, then I tell him I was at my g/f's watching a movie, then he told me to go home and be safe.

A rule of thumb <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">most</span></span> of us live by believe it or not is, make us laugh and or be honest and you're sent on your way with a warning.

Re: Best excuse you've told or heard given to a co

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rule of thumb <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">most</span></span> of us live by believe it or not is, make us laugh and or be honest and you're sent on your way with a warning.

</div></div>

I hope I don't get pulled over for any reason, but if I do, making the officer laugh after I've had to tell him I've got a weapon on my person seems like a good challenge.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rule of thumb <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">most</span></span> of us live by believe it or not is, make us laugh and or be honest and you're sent on your way with a warning.

</div></div>

Exactly and the fastest way to get a ticket is to lie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Exactly and the fastest way to get a ticket is to lie. </div></div>

I love it when they try to yell and "intimidate" their way out of a tag lol... Silly public!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Exactly and the fastest way to get a ticket is to lie. </div></div>

I love it when they try to yell and "intimidate" their way out of a tag lol... Silly public! </div></div>

X's 2

A Very Cute little blond that used be a receptionist at a warehouse worked told me she never got tickets- drove everywhere like she was qualifying .. when I asked how .. " I keep a bottle of water in the cupholder..If I get pulled over I pour it in my lap and tell them I have a Urinary Tract Infection and was trying to make it to a bathroom" Never saw her do it- but she did have a license .....

The last time that I was stopped a few years ago, I told the deputy that it's not my car and it's so quiet that it just kinda snuck it's way up to 69(in a 55), which it did. I normally drive my truck and I'm so used to that and the noise I pretty much know what speed I'm going without looking at the speedometer. He let me go. I don't normally speed anyway and haven't had any tickets for a real long time. They kinda went away after I quit riding motorcyles.

I got pulled over one night going to a bar.
Cop: Where are you going so fast?
Me: To a bar.
Cop: You been drinking?
Me: Not yet.
Cop: You're a smartass.
Me: WTF? You asked, I told you.
He let me go...

My brother was out one night in our Mom's car, a Lincoln MK8 that would run like a bat out of Hell. His curfew was close and he was running late. He got pulled over and the officer told him he clocked him at over 100mph. When he asked him where he was going so damn fast, my brother told him it was his Mom's car, he was trying to get home before curfew because she would kill him if he was late. He told my brother he had been in the same situation with his own Mom before. He told him to slow down and LET HIM GO!

"Me" is my Buddy Pat. I just copied and pasted. This happened about two days ago.

Officer: "do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "65ish"
Officer: "why?"
Me: "I had to pass that horse trailer"
Officer: "so you're in a hurry?"
Me: "nope, I just hate horse piss in my face"
Officer: "Touché, slow down please

A true story . . .

Worked for Starrett Tools for years.
One of our territory reps had a beautiful Buick Wildcat convertible, red/white, which he had meticulously restored.

He's driving from the Dallas area towards the north Texas area early one morning.

He comes up behind one of those livestock trucks that haul a whole bunch of critters. This one happened to be hauling pigs.

To make a long story short, he got too close to the carrier and a couple of the hogs started pissing and shitting.

Well, all of that stuff got caught up in his A/C system and in his car (he had the top down).

Hence forth and forever more, his nickname was "Pig Shit Musotter".

He never did get the pig shit smell out of that car.

OK, I'm sorry, this was waaaaayyy off topic.

Moderator, move this if it suits you.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6--kTcODn8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6--kTcODn8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Driving a bright red wrangler down Franklin road out the gate at the Presidio of Monterrey after a particularly crappy Seattle like day in California, I come near an intersection as the light changes yellow and I floor it to make the light. As I am jetting through the intersection I happen to look left down the side road and notice a cruiser who immediately sees me. She lights em up and I stop a block or two down where it was safe. As this gorgeous girl appoaches I catch a glimpse and point out to my buddy shotgun to take a look for himself. She gets to the window and I say "my day just got better". She smiled, couldnt have been older than 24 or 25, and asked for my papers and I get the question, why was I stopped. I said because i saw the light, didn't want to stop and gunned it through the intersection. She nodded and headed back to her cruiser, came back after a few minutes and told me she was letting me go. When she asked if I knew why i responded, "because your shift is over and you want to go home", she chuckled. I was hoping for an affirmative, because my next line was gonna be for a phone number. Unfortunately she told me because I was honest and she appreciated it. Still remember those eyes...

One more, just bought a 2003 GSXR600 Suzuki and decided that since I had never ridden a motorcycle in my life that it was a good idea to ride from my place in San Diego to a buddys house in Sierra Vista, AZ. Get to just before Yuma and decide that I haven't seen anyone in quite some time I was going to clean out the injectors on the new bike. I cut off the throttle at 160 on my speedo and as I am slowing down CHP goes by headed the other way. I freak and grab the brakes HARD, as he flips around. I made it to a stop in the next rest stop on I80 or I10(cant remember what it is at that point) before I even see the patrolman in the mirror, have my helmet off and my motorcycle LEARNERS PERMIT out. Now, you're not supposed to be on freeways in CA on just a permit, but I didn't care. As the patrolman explains to me the restrictions on the permit he looks down to see paper plates on the bike, it was a week old. He then asks if I knew how fast I was going and I explain I had the bike topped out. He said he clocked me at 130 as he got behind me, and that he should impound my bike and take me to jail. He remarks that with paper plates he couldn't even had called in a chopper to chase me and wouldn't have bothered that close to the state line. He thanks me for stopping and says that because of the un Godly heat and the time it would take for a tow truck to show up that he'd let me proceed if I promised never to speed on his highway again. To which I replied," if I do, I'm not stopping knowing what I do now." He chuckled and wrote the citation for 86 in a 70.

I was wrong twice, and those two interactions with polite, repectful, professional officers proved to me beyond the shadow of a doubt that law enforcement officers actually ARE here for my benefit. Something not yet grasped by a lot of my friends at the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBLACKBISHOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I was wrong twice, and those two interactions with polite, repectful, professional officers proved to me beyond the shadow of a doubt that law enforcement officers actually ARE here for my benefit. Something not yet grasped by a lot of my friends at the time. </div></div>

THIS is how things go most of the time. For me at least, I don't really give a shit how fast you're going or how many lights you ran, if you're civil, cool and honest and you haven't hurt anyone of caused property damage, you're gonna be on your way with a few words of advice.

Hell, we've driven complete drunken strangers to their homes instead of locking them up. We're all human and we all do stupid shit from time to time.

It's when the guy wants to play lawyer on the side of the road or becomes hostile that things tend to get official.

This thread, has been a good read.

got stopped by a georgia state trooper at the tenn./ georgia state line, he says "boy i've been waiting on you all day", i said "i got here as fast as i could" he tried to hide the fact he was laughing and let me go.

Back in 1996 I was pulled over by a good-ol boy redneck Sherriff's Deputy in Oconee County, GA (just outside of Athens) for Haulin major ass in the ol Ford.
As he was looking over my license & insuance cards I started talking UGA football with him, & pulled out a pack of Redman that was sticking out of my shirt pocket, stuck a plug in my cheek & you could just see ol-boy's mouth just watering like a dog & a steak.
Gave bubba the pack & you would have thought that the heavens had just opened up. Stood there for 15 - 20 minutes carrying on about GA football for the upcoming college season. No ticket, no warning. Just asked to slow it down a bit.

I have yet to encounter this scenario but there have been times after eating the grease-burger-jalapeno deluxe from a questionable establishment or anything from waffle house that I get "the feeling" with the nearest acceptable restroom/home 5-10min away. It is in these moments where I have consciously decided to speed as I don't want to shit myself. So what would yall policemen do if when pulled over I left my license, insurance, and a written note saying "I'll be right back" in my seat but bolted for the woods clutching a handfull of napkins?

By "bolt" I'm talking about running as fast as I can while trying to turn coal into diamonds by squeezing my ass together so hard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be Watkinsville . . . </div></div>
10-4
Just outside of Watkinsville

looking back on it, Ol boy was good people.
I should have stayed in contact.
Good folks who know the good fishing spots or who have good hunting property are getting more & more scarce.

I got pulled over for gliding through a stop sign. When I handed the officer my license he asked if I had a relative that was a cop. Of course I replied "yes my uncle". As my brother, sitting in the passenger seat was just about to correct me, the officer told me to say hello for him. I just drove away smiling. Not really a story but it got me out of a ticket.
smile.gif