• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Hands/Big Feet.....Know What That Means????

shoot4fun

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2003
    Riverside, Alabama, USA, etc
    Yup;
    I have to buy big gloves and boots.
    I want a pair of "go fast" boots (and that doesn't just mean they make your money go fast) that are comfortable for a guy with size 14s', high instep and low arches. Also had Plantar before so they need to support the ankles and arches well without being to heavy or constrictive. And (yes I am quite picky) I prefer them to be the 6" variety. What do all you "big foots" wear that you just can't be without?
    Oh, and they have to adapt from chasing alphas at the Steel City Precision Rifle Match to taking out the garbage or mowing the grass too.

Yeah I saw some boots like that on the shelf right next to a 500 ct box of 7mm berger 195grain hybrids and some half price surgeon actions.,

Check out "Chacos" brand... I have size 15 feet. The insole of the chacos has a pronounced bump that fills the arch in my foot perfectly.

I haven't had any complaints with the BatesUSMC pigskin boots...

Mens USMC DuraShocks Hot Weather Military Boots - Batesfootwear.com

Light weight, comfortable and accepts Dr. Scholls inserts (what I use). They don't come in a 6" height, but they work well for ankle support without causing your feet sweat like crazy from cinching things tight.

JMTCW...

I use a pair of Oakley SI assault boots with trenchcoat (all leather). I have a size 14 and literally no arch (flatfooted as hell). I use them as my EMT boots, they are great for a 12 hour shift on all kinds of different terrain I live in an area with a city and we cover a lot of rural areas too (farms, parks, boating areas, hunting areas, etc), you would be surprised how much jumping in and out of the back of an ambulance will beat your feet after 12 hours on pavement! The traction is great on everything from wet pavement, cement, gravel, rocks on the waterfront, sand, hills, mud, you name it these have seen it. I have tried a bunch of boots and these are my winners. They have a hefty price tag on them, but if you are a Vet you can apply for an Oakley SI account for special pricing which actually puts them below a lot of their competitors prices!

-E4B

Forgot to say I run their gloves too, I use the SI FR assault gloves in XXL, they have the hard knuckles and a great gripping surface. I use them as shooting gloves but also as my extrication gloves. They're not water proof though, so they breathe a little better than some, but when I'm working with a patient I use a pair of rubber gloves under them.

Thanks [MENTION=91799]Echo4Bravo[/MENTION]
    I'll take a look at them.
    Surprised no one has offered up the Danner name yet.
    Lighter boots are better. I am old and they do get heavy on the feet after a while.

I have a few pairs of danners but they always break in with a heavy crease so if I crouch down on my toes it's not comfortable. I've said the hell with it and wear my new Balance minimalist running shoes for warmer weather stuff and plan to order some of the Oakley si boots for the cooler weather stuff, at least for matches.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Consider Russell. I wear size 15 and have had them make my boots for the last 20 years. I still have the first pair I bought and they have been re-soled maybe 3 times. Since I've lowered my heels I have less foot problems.

UNDER ARMOUR VALSETZ STEALTH DUTY BOOT 14 MEDIUM COYOTE

Hope these work. Got them with Cabela's points.
    They arrive tomorrow. I just spent a few days at hunting camp wearing a pair of heavy leather work boots. Kinda reminded me of my days climbing utility poles and wearing those Redwing Lineman boots. Man, those thinks are heavy!!!!
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm on my second pair of Danners. I have zero complaints. Check out hitthebreakroom.com They usually have great sales on Danners. I'm not quite a big guy or anything but have terrible knee problems and these danners were awesome not only on deployments but also chillin at home, mowing the grass, at the lake etc etc etc

At the recommendation of those on here, I went with the Lowa Zephyr GTX Mid TF. Check out Lowa boots if you haven't already.

Was just at a local boot place last night. I found some 14 Mediums on the shelf from a company called Georgia boot? Not sure about them,but I tried them on. They fit great length wise,but the width wasn't doing it. When I stepped down I could see the sides of the boot sqeeze out a bit. Need some extra wides.

I wrote down all the other boot names in here and plan on searching for some deals online. This is actually a really great thread,since I am in the market for boots right now.

How do you like the UA boots?

I put them on and walked around in the house for a couple of hours. They are really lightweight and felt like a old pair that were already broken in. Good support for my ankles and a fairly good footbed inside. I wish they had a little more aggressive tread and something of a defined heel for climbing ladders and such. Overall, I am pleased.

Are these leather style or "other" material? I still haven't ordered any.

You can go by Academy and look at them. They may even have your size in stock. I got Coyote Brown but I think all Academy has is black. They have a little rough out leather but mostly "man made" materials.

You can go by Academy and look at them. They may even have your size in stock. I got Coyote Brown but I think all Academy has is black. They have a little rough out leather but mostly "man made" materials.

Thanks and will do. Honestly I bought an action today and posted in a thread that It would of course be for a new build and that put my post count at 666 so I really just needed to make that not next to my name.

With the boots being right down the road I'll give them a look. Btw the wife wanted a dang 13moa rmr so that's what she got! Hope they give us big targets! :)