• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Big tom Bobcat is on the wall now.

Garvey

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Melissa, Texas
January 2013 I was on the edge of a wheat field all day, doe hunting. I had 5 minutes of legal light left. I saw this guy crossing the field and thought "hmm, there's a little coyote". I put the range finder on him and realized, nope that's a big bobcat! 200 yards and walking. By the way a .260 and a 140 gr A-max is a little too potent for a bobcat. But my taxidermist is awesome and you can't even tell this cat was ever shot.

Here he is now. The mount is almost a full 3 feet long, so he's a big boy.

Scares the heck out of people when they enter the room.

.She did (taxi is a she) a fantastic job! I asked he later what a full body cougar (mountain lion) would be if I happened upon one some day. She had to look some thing up, and got back with me days later. $2200. Damn! That's a bunch of money, but I bet I only get one shot at a cougar. Quite the pickle I'm in

Nice cat, I would like the opportunity to take one. Is that wire coming out of the bottom of the feet that are lifted off the ground on the mount?

Nice mount, subtle yet tasteful.

That would probably scare me too if I was to walk around a corner & see that :D

t

Nice cat, I would like the opportunity to take one. Is that wire coming out of the bottom of the feet that are lifted off the ground on the mount?

Every foot has a wire coming out of it. I drilled through the cedar, plugged the opposite side with cut offs from a pencil, filled the holes full of glue, and stuck the cat's wires in the holes. Good eye that you caught the one wire that's still visible.