• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn Origin Build Thread

Finally got my Triggertech, so have a complete rifle. This is my budget Origin build.

Origin SA 6.5CM
Bartlein HP @26"
KRG Bravo
SWFA 10X Superchicken
Triggertech LE Special

Hope to have some range time over the Holidays,

Slainte,

TM6

Origin Bravo Build 014.JPG

Last edited:
Not a magnum per se. 6.5PRC on an Origin LA mag.

And to clarify, if I ejected the fired round slowly, it would 'hang' on the 'extra' material of the stock (true Rem 700 inlet). If I ejected the fired round rapidly, it ejected fine. I took the time and put the stock in my vertical mill and milled out the excess material. No big deal.
What type of mags are you feeding from? What is your coal? Thanks

Question: will the Origin drop right into a Manners cut for a Rem 700 SA? I understand the ejection port is longer on the origin but wondering if the Origin can be bolted in without pillars or bedding or is that a big No-Go?

Question: will the Origin drop right into a Manners cut for a Rem 700 SA? I understand the ejection port is longer on the origin but wondering if the Origin can be bolted in without pillars or bedding or is that a big No-Go?
Swept bolt handle is an issue

I even sent my PRS1 back to Manners and they never fixed that part. And is the reason I doubt I'll ever buy another manners again

The swept bolt should work in a 700 stock, but I have no experience with that since I’m running chassis.

Those of you running an MPA Chassis specifically the hybrid which action footprint are you using? Rem 700 or TL-3? Looking at the MPA Hybrid for a Origin LA build in 300 PRC.

N
It did not for me. It wasn’t just the swept bolt handle but also the size of the origin’s tactical knob and having space for its base. Had to do a good bit of sanding to get it to fit.

Reactions: brado16
Origin S/A
TT Diamond
Bartlein 26” 1:8 Sendero contour Shouldered (6.5CM-saami spec’d reamer)
MPA brake
CF wrapped stock-modified with Arca rail and adjustable butt plate by Aces and Eights Firearms
MDT Clye-Pod (long legs)
Spuhr
Zero Compromise 527
PTG bottom metal
Benelli Desert Sand Cerakote

15.2lbs with empty metal MDT AICS metal mag.

Also have a Proof CF barrel spun up in 6.5PRC for next years elk hunt.
All work done by Aces and Eights Firearms.

(Sorry for the shitty pic. This was taken at 12:45am after I finished mounting the scope. I’ll edit with better pics soon)

Edit: New pics added
004A5DD1-D2BC-44C7-B796-8B8ED3AAF576.jpeg

F846E2B2-753D-4438-8427-A88FF559C8A0.jpeg

AC3E4992-FF9B-46C1-9FF9-3DCF343A13ED.jpeg

6E4B001A-00FA-4E74-BB96-CD61AA90CC95.jpeg

3AD90D11-07F3-43AB-9ABC-061F91D145DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Should have posted this a long time ago, but here's mine:
Bighorn Origin
MDT ACC
Vortex Razor HD Gen II
Seekins Precision rings
TriggerTech Diamond
Proof barrel from Straight Jacket Armory in 6.5 Creedmoor
Silencer Co Saker
Ckye Pod
Cheapskate Precision bag rider and 2-round quiver.

I also have a 2nd Origin now in a KRG Bravo for my 223 and for my future carbon fiber barrel for hunting season.
IMG_0356.JPEG

Here's a picture from my initial load development tests at 550 yards:
8/9 under 1 MOA
5/9 under 1/2 MOA
This thing can shoot
IMG-0167.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-0167.jpg
    IMG-0167.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Yes it will. I’m running mine in the mini-chassis, just torqued it to spec. The footprint is the same as a 700

Just received my origin sa.
Just waiting on the triggertech special
Jcs composites adjustable tactical
Straight jacket armory prefit 6.5x47L 24" medium palma
Seekins rings
Area419 hellfire

Running a athlon midas tac 6-24x50 mil/mil

Reactions: Dooby
I put a deposit on an Origin last week. It will be my first custom centerfire. I've only had Remingtons before. I am planning on a Bartlein 26" M24 contoured barrel chambered in 6BR. From what I have read, it sounds like the Origin is a really good receiver for the 6BR and it's offshoots as far as feeding/ extraction/ ejection is concerned. It will be a while before I can afford to have it all finished and ready to go, but I have enjoyed checking out all these photos!

Reactions: NodakBarbarian
Mine turned into two builds after i bought an other chassis, so I spent the money on the tl3 and I’ll compare them.

Reactions: Dooby
BIG HORN ORIGIN
custom knob
26" Proof Research carbon fiber barrel.
7mm-08 1:8 twist
165GB =Peterson game changer ammo

Gen 1 razor vortex rings
Huber concepts trigger 2 stage

Hunter Orange vortex bronze distressed paint

Attachments

• 20190710_114026.jpg
    20190710_114026.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 211
Anyone here use the hunts recoil lug and use TL3 shouldered prefits?

Awesome builds in here. Very interested in getting an origin. Does anyone happen to know the current lead time on action orders from zermatt?

Awesome builds in here. Very interested in getting an origin. Does anyone happen to know the current lead time on action orders from zermatt?
Ordered mine back in November. Shipped out in maybe 5 business days. Now just have to keep waiting on my 223AI barrel....

If they have a longer wait now you could always order them from Brownells. Typically in-stock and can use discount codes as well.

I believe northland shooters supply is also stocking origin actions.

Thanks guys. Keep the build pics coming! Anymore short mag builds out there?

Ordered mine back in November. Shipped out in maybe 5 business days. Now just have to keep waiting on my 223AI barrel....

If they have a longer wait now you could always order them from Brownells. Typically in-stock and can use discount codes as well.

Brownell's is currently out of the Origins and unavailable for backorder. They do have some SA TL3's with std bolt face in stock.

TM6

Reactions: King_beardsly
Brownell's is currently out of the Origins and unavailable for backorder. They do have some SA TL3's with std bolt face in stock.

TM6
Probably so backed up with still unfulfilled preorders from the 10% christmas sale they had to cut it off I imagine. Or at least I hope.
I hope its not that zermatt cut them off from new orders due to that sale price.

Reactions: Anb618
Probably so backed up with still unfulfilled preorders from the 10% christmas sale they had to cut it off I imagine. Or at least I hope.
I hope its not that zermatt cut them off from new orders due to that sale price.

Yeah, I hope it isn't Zermatt cutting them off. I had one in my cart with a 12% off coupon back around Thanksgiving bringing total to $726 shipped but I was afraid to pull the trigger, so deleted it from my cart.

Had already overspent by that point and besides, I was awaiting TT's and MDT's Black Friday Deals. Turned out, both those sales had hitches and by the time I was able to access the websites, they were sold out of most of the good stuff.

Lesson learned, grab it while it is there at a good price.

TM6

Tagging in, I have an origin ordered and a carbon 6 barrel prefit (300 PRC) on order. This will be my first ever custom bolt action. The waiting game is horrible.

Tagging in, I have an origin ordered and a carbon 6 barrel prefit (300 PRC) on order. This will be my first ever custom bolt action. The waiting game is horrible.
I'm at 12 weeks on my barrel. Ordered it at the same time as the action, which only took a week. Fair to say, the Origin has been cycled a few times and is broken in well.

Finally have my 300 PRC build complete. I'll let you guess what the hold up was. ;) All told, comes in at 21 lbs. Added some lead to the Bravo.

IMG_20200123_090044.jpg

Bighorn Origin
26” PVA M24 barrel w/PVA Shockwave brake (300 PRC)
KRG Bravo Chassis
Triggertech Diamond Trigger
Bushnell XRS II

Finally have my 300 PRC build complete. I'll let you guess what the hold up was. ;) All told, comes in at 21 lbs. Added some lead to the Bravo.

View attachment 7232101

Bighorn Origin
26” PVA M24 barrel w/PVA Shockwave brake (300 PRC)
KRG Bravo Chassis
Triggertech Diamond Trigger
Bushnell XRS II
How long did you have to wait for your barrel? Nice rifle!

Thanks! It was about 14-15 weeks on the barrel. Quoted time was 6-8 weeks. I wasn't too happy about it, but once Josh found out how long it was taking it got sent out quickly.
I've been thinking about ordering a barrel from PVA but that is a looooong wait. Enjoy your rifle!!!

Where did you hide the lead

Lead shot in the grip cavity, butt stock cavity, and behind the recoil pad (about 4 lbs). Lead decoy weights on the bottom part of the foreend. About 6 lbs total for around $38 and it's easily removable. I had to modify the decoy weights a little from what the picture shows so the action would seat properly, but it will give you an idea.

lead weights.jpg

The bravo uses CIP mag correct? Are there any modifications that you have to do to the action when using CIP length mags? Sorry if that is a dumb question, this is my first rodeo.

The bravo uses CIP mag correct? Are there any modifications that you have to do to the action when using CIP length mags? Sorry if that is a dumb question, this is my first rodeo.

Not a dumb question. No mods needed for CIP mag in their LA Bravo.

Reactions: eyeballjr