• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn Origin Build Thread

Got an email today that mine was done. I called with credit card information and they sent me a UPS tracking number shortly after. I can’t wait to get my 22 Creedmoor finished up

I’ve been creeping on this thread for some time now, moved some inventory from the safe, and now have a 99% complete Bighorn Origin build (waiting on an HLR recoil lug):

Origin SA
Proof CF 6.5 creedmoor TL3 pre-fit 20” barrel
KRG Bravo w/custom paint job (DIY by yours truly)
Trigger tech special
Steiner T5Xi 3x15
Rugged Micro30
Atlas bipod
Weight as pictured without ammo: 12.4 lbs
How do u like the Steiner? I'm looking for a new optic eventually and that's on my shortlist. Nice rifle btw. Weighs the same as my 24" medium Palma in a jcs composites and athlon midas tac

How do u like the Steiner? I'm looking for a new optic eventually and that's on my shortlist. Nice rifle btw. Weighs the same as my 24" medium Palma in a jcs composites and athlon midas tac

Thank you! And I really like the steiner. The two scopes that I have to compare it to is a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3x15 and a NF ATACR 5x25. The steiner is brighter than the vortex and NF during the day, a bit clearer than the vortex, and hangs with the NF in low light conditions. The turrets are really easy to set the zero stop (no cap removal). I haven't had it long but it was on my old 308 and I'm impressed.

Reactions: FrozenMinnesotan
EFF9814B-52AF-4D28-B382-FF0BEE5050FF.jpeg
5502D49D-DBF8-4946-BAB0-E696A2E46DEF.jpeg

Origin receiver
Proof Research CF Savage Prefit
Triggertech Primary @ 1.5#
Athlon Ares ETR
Seekins Rings
KRG Bravo
Dead Air Sandman TI

this was the second 5 shot group I shot. Load development done!

Last edited:
Trigger happy. I have about that exact set up. Haven’t got my barreled action due to technical difficulties, it’s the same. What length and twist is that barrel. Mine is the I twist 22inch.

So I ordered my Origin SA direct from Zermatt Arms on 6/12/2020 Order #5978. On my own fault I didnt research and realized at that time Brownells had them in stock but I already placed the order without realizing the lead time. For the record, I am not complaining, I just want to make others aware. I'm not in a rush and acually spent the time building two really nice AR15's. The main reason I ordered direct from ZA is I wanted my trigger timed to the action and I wanted a different bolt knob from the standard one.

Here all the parts I do have waiting for my Origin action.

- MDT ACC Chassis will all the accessories
- TriggerTech Diamond Adjustable (Flat faced) -- sent to Zermatt Arms for fitup with the action
-PVA M24 26"barrel 6.5CM shouldered for Origin action
-Area 419 Hellfire muzzle break
-MDT Ckye pod (bipod)
-MDT (no binder) steel DSSF 10rnd mags (qty2)
-Leupold MK5HD 7-35x56 CCH
-ARC M10 scope rings.

My hope is to be able to shoot her before winter.

One last note, Zermatt Arms has been upfront about everthing and has responded quickly to any of my emails.

What is the average weight of a build with an origin, KRG bravo, and a 26” M24 taper 308 barrel?
I’m sure someone here has something similar to that.
thanks

What is the average weight of a build with an origin, KRG bravo, and a 26” M24 taper 308 barrel?
I’m sure someone here has something similar to that.
thanks

I have one with a 26” heavy palma. It’s 15lbs with a Harris bipod and a 30oz scope.

Got it complete, hoping to get to the range within the week. Wanted to build a target/hunting rifle. Weight comes in at 11lb 9oz without the suppressor.

Proof Research CF 6.5CM 24”
Manners EH1-A with Gen 2 Mini-Chassis
Geissele Super 700 timed by Zermatt
Eotech 3.5-18x50 MD1 reticle
Nightforce Ultralights
Larue/Harris bipod
Aac 51T brake

Last edited:
Just double checking before I pull the trigger on some stuff. Will the origin fit properly in a manners rem700 footprint stock?

Just double checking before I pull the trigger on some stuff. Will the origin fit properly in a manners rem700 footprint stock?
Wow! I was just hopping on to ask this exact question, I’m about to buy the eh1 with the mini chassis.

It should fit and function just fine, but the ejection port window on the stock will be smaller than the action's ejection port. A very simple fix that's able to be done by hand.

Thanks - Ray

Reactions: Rory_Fritz
Yep. I had to file my Bergara chassis I'm using and it was no big deal. The shape of the ejection port of the Zermatt actions is the most aesthetically pleasing ones out there to me.

Reactions: DJ 480
Everyone seeing pretty much 12-14 weeks right now on wait period from Zermatt? Not in any rush just curious.

... hoping to see some more Proof prefits available soon. Anyone have a line on any in stock anywhere?

@Zermatt Arms
Ray - Just ordered my second Origin the other day. When we spoke about sending the trigger to get timed (TT Special), you said it wasn't worth it anymore due to a change you made somewhat recently. I was wondering if you had more info on that. Figured I would post about it here in case others were thinking about doing the same. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Redvanes
@Zermatt Arms
Ray - Just ordered my second Origin the other day. When we spoke about sending the trigger to get timed (TT Special), you said it wasn't worth it anymore due to a change you made somewhat recently. I was wondering if you had more info on that. Figured I would post about it here in case others were thinking about doing the same. Thanks!
There's no need to send TT triggers in for timing. They've been the most consistent trigger we've seen come through in many different ways and they all time up within about .005" with a .015" under sized cocking piece in the Origin. ALL of our Origin actions are using those cocking pieces and have been for some time now.

It's very different on TL3 or SR3 actions, so if you go that route, we'd still perform that service for you. It's just not worth the time or money in shipping to send your TriggerTech triggers for Origin actions.

Thanks - Ray

Put a tt diamond on my orgin. No coc ,smooth as a can be I love it

Reactions: DJ 480
There's no need to send TT triggers in for timing. They've been the most consistent trigger we've seen come through in many different ways and they all time up within about .005" with a .015" under sized cocking piece in the Origin. ALL of our Origin actions are using those cocking pieces and have been for some time now.

It's very different on TL3 or SR3 actions, so if you go that route, we'd still perform that service for you. It's just not worth the time or money in shipping to send your TriggerTech triggers for Origin actions.

Thanks - Ray
Good to hear, thanks for the info Ray.

BH LA
Preferred Barrel Blanks .300 PRC Chambered, 24”, Heavy Palma, 1:9, 3/4-24 muzzle threads
Area 419 Sidewinder brake
TT Diamond set at 14oz
KRG Bravo Stock
MDT 5rd CIP Length Mags
SWFA 10x42 (for now, Brownell’s MPO 5-25x56 on the way)
Warne Xskell Mount (34mm Xskell on the way)
Unfired until I get back home on the 19th. View attachment 7368486View attachment 7368487

how does that barrel preform, what are the group sizes?

I put a deposit on an Origin last week. It will be my first custom centerfire. I've only had Remingtons before. I am planning on a Bartlein 26" M24 contoured barrel chambered in 6BR. From what I have read, it sounds like the Origin is a really good receiver for the 6BR and it's offshoots as far as feeding/ extraction/ ejection is concerned. It will be a while before I can afford to have it all finished and ready to go, but I have enjoyed checking out all these photos!
Why the M24 contour? I’m trying to figure out what contour I want for my 6 BR, thinking medium Palma or marksman as of now.

My Origin
6.5 creedmore
20" m24 contour from PVA
KRG bravo
TT special trigger

Just need to figure out what scope and rings I want.

orgin65.jpeg

Reactions: eugevita
My wife's origin built for NMLRA long range inline matches

.40 cal muzzleloader
K&P barrel finished at 26 inches by Bestill Creations
Krg stock
Burris XTR

Launching 275 bullets at 2450 using Blackhorn powder. No smokeless aloud at Friendship. 13.5 min to 500 yrds
120747876_3759510324095646_1925420065697608995_o.jpg