• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bill Ritchie/EDM Windrunner

DLMsniper

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2010
Central Valley, CA
I purchased a .338 EDM Windrunner about a year ago. I also have an AIAW in .338 I've had for over a year. I enjoy shootin both, but I have probably put more rounds down the Windrunner tube (I'm guessing 700-800).

I am not very diligent about waiting for the barrel to cool between shots nor am I very diligent about cleaning. Accuracy was declining and I developed some pressure problems with the Windrunner. I had the local smith look at the barrel and he said it was pretty much toast.

I had Bill Ritchie, the owner of EDM, look at the barrel and he concluded pretty much the same thing. He admonished me about my lack of cleaning and recommended a more disciplined routine. Then he said he would send me a NEW BARREL at NO COST except for shipping. This is amazing considering the problem was caused by my neglect.

Most of what I buy is through Hide recommendations and Hide sponsors, now I realize why. Virtually everyone I have dealt with, from weapons to glass to reloading info has been amazing. Bill has been exceptional.

Thanks

Dave

Re: Bill Ritchie/EDM Windrunner

Damn, $1,200 for a barrel! Really! Geez, thank god he's hooking you up.

That is amazing, I would have been happy with being charged 50% due to my neglect. Now you know though haha.

Wow is right, I too have had my expectations exceeded by Bill.

After I recieved my windrunner I inquired about shorter rods for the extending stock (alligator arms, I guess) and Bill said he had some laying around and would send them no charge.

A small thing relative to your story, but still sticks with me.

When it comes to customer service, Bill Ritchie is certainly at the very top of a short list. IMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it comes to customer service, Bill Ritchie is certainly at the very top of a short list. IMHO</div></div>

Yep, that's about it in a nutshell. Bill Ritchie's customer support is actually a feature of the Windrunner platform and should be taken into consideration when purchasing a big bore rifle. In an industry filled with rude fucksticks, it's almost a shock to deal with Bill.