• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bipod moved forward on MPA chassis

yama

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2009
Georgia
So, I have a MPA BA chassis and wanted to move to bipod forward of the forearm after seeing MPA's spigot mount that they recently came out with. Only problem is, my chassis is a 1st gen and doesn't have the necessary hole on the front of the forearm to mount their piece. (I called them last Monday and left a message to inquire about the modification to my chassis and about their new vertical grip, but even after leaving a message, they never called me back.)

So, I decided to make my own. I devised a simple, sturdy way of making my own mount that didn't require any mods to my chassis. I took a piece of 1/4" x 1" steel bar flat and made 2 bends to form an offset or dogleg. This mounts with the original M5 x .8 cap screws through the forearm into drilled/tapped holes in the steel and then the original pic rail moves forward and mounts under the steel with 2 more M5 cap screws. The setup is plenty rigid and moves the bipod approx 5.5" forward and 1/2" higher (moving the gun 1/2" lower). I haven't shot with it yet, but it should be steadier since the rear bag and bipod are farther apart. After a coating of flat black paint, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

photo56528.jpg

Attachments

• photo56526.jpg
    photo56526.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
MPA goes into the chassis (there is a slot int he front) - I have it. MPA takes a while to call back, but they are good people. Sometimes they get very busy.

Craigos, yeah it wasn't my intent to bash them, only to vent because I gave them all day and never heard back. I have dealt with them (Lisa with customer svc) and she was very nice to deal with. Perhaps I should've left that part out...

Looks great... I know you aren't bashing MPA, but I want to say that my experience with callbacks has been same day twice, and even responded to youtube comments in 2 days, great people.

Scott

Yeah, my message must've slipped through the cracks...But thanks for the compliments, guys. It's little projects like this that i enjoy doing. It's not high speed low drag, just simple stuff that works

I think it looks pretty low-drag at least. Looks like a super slick job for something done up real quick. If it's stupid, but it works, it's not stupid.