• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Black-out White Silkscreened Logos

SLO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2012
Portland, OR
Has anyone come up with a good way to black-out the white silkscreened logos and text that manufacturers are putting on most optics and mounts these days? It’s getting a little out of control. For example, my old aimpoint had dark gray lettering that was inconspicuous. Now they are using bright white. Leupold got the point with the LCO and made a “black-out” version.

Matte black vinyl auto trim tape, I've used it on a couple of NF scopes and it came out well and has held up over time. It's easier to deal with than paint too.

I tried to do the same with a cantilever mount. Used a Burchwood Casey bluing pen (black) worked ok but My OCD kicked in. But it works, just not for me.

I like the sharpie idea its simple and also works on dings and dents and scratches . or duct tape and wrap the whole thing .. it will last for ever .