• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Breaking In a Trigger?

TexIndian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2011
Corsicana, Texas
In the last month or so, I've got two new LaRue OBRs - one in .308 and one in .223. They both came with the Geissele SSA combat trigger (2 stage). The trigger in the .223 is great, but in the bigger gun it has a bad creep that is driving me crazy. I'm thinking of having the trigger worked on but I've heard that some triggers just need to be broken in. Any suggestions from the more experienced? TIA

Re: Breaking In a Trigger?

Hmmmm... If I had a Geissele with creep I would call them and ask about it. Especially since you have two of the same and one feels different. There is no creep in my SSA-E once you've taken up the first stage. Maybe a pin diameter issue?

I talked to someone over there by phone before I bought my trigger and he was very helpful, give them a shout.

I have the same trigger in a LWRCI M6A3 DMR. I can induce creep depending on the technique I use. If I use the tip of my finger, the trigger breaks cleanly. If I use the second pad of my index finger, I can overpower the trigger slowly, producing creep. I can actually shoot more accurately with the creep because the final trigger pulls becomes lighter and I can tell the exact moment it breaks. The SSA combat trigger is not a match trigger. It resets fast, is reliable, and has a decent trigger pull.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same trigger in a LWRCI M6A3 DMR. I can induce creep depending on the technique I use. If I use the tip of my finger, the trigger breaks cleanly. If I use the second pad of my index finger, I can overpower the trigger slowly, producing creep.</div></div>You can't produce creep. Either it's there, or it isn't.

And if your trigger breaks in, it's broken.

The only "break-in" in I have dealt with was a gritty feeling trigger from bad polishing/machining. The gritty feel finally went away once the surface rubbed itself smooth.

Let us know, never heard about creep in a Geissele..

just got and shot my Geissele combat yesterday.

did you lube it like in the instructions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only "break-in" in I have dealt with was a gritty feeling trigger from bad polishing/machining. The gritty feel finally went away once the surface rubbed itself smooth.
</div></div>

That is how I define trigger break-in. Mine all feel better the more I use them.

I have felt creep in a geissele when the hammer spring was stronger or not matching the trigger spring. Not their fault, as I was tuning the 1st stage. It is smooth as glass now.