• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bullet advise

Sczesny

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2017
Warrenville, SC
I will be building a new personal rifle as soon as the reamer gets in my hands. My heart is set on shooting the smk 110's-.243. I've only had one 6mm in my life and it was an ar platform. Is anybody shooting these bullets and what is your opinion? Rifle in question is a .243 Winchester. Barrel is 1/7.5 twist and going to leave it as long as possible.
Thanks

There is a good discussion going on right now about .243 right here:
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ng-this-caliber-for-prs?p=6520375#post6520375

Admittedly it is centered around the use of .243 in an AI rifle, but that should make little difference with regards to some of the good information already posted in that thread.

My brief take of that thread is to make sure that your barrel is at least 26" long and use H1000 and you should be glorious.

I'm using the 110's and am REALLY impressed with them out of a Dasher in a 24" barrel. I'm shooting a Brux at 1:7.5 but know of people getting them to stabilize out of as slow as an 1:8. Best I've seen is a 5-shot at @.125 shooting 100yd and with the BC they have it should be an easy head to stretch out.