• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris customer service

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
I have a Burris 5X25 XTRII scope that I was not satisfied with the clearness of.
I live about 120 miles from Greeley and needed to go there on business so took the scope off of the rifle and took it to them.
I was met at the door by a very pleasant Lady who asked what I needed and called a man to come check it out.
He took my scope and told me he would go check it out and have a seat if I wasn't in a rush.
I sat in the lobby for a short while and hadn't looked through the catalog very far when he came back with scope in hand. He told me what they had found and how they repaired it and repacked it in the box and sent me on my way with my scope good as new.
Total time was less than half an hour!!
I didn't think to get anyone's name, but with service like that I am a very happy and satisfied customer. Regards, Mike D.

It wasn't as clear as I thought it should be, didn't seem to focus right. Apparently a lens pack or something had a retainer that hadn't been tightened enough from the factory.
To be honest, I didn't understand all that I was told, I don't know how scopes are built. A little too techie for this Old Fart.
I have a 4X20 XTRII on another rifle that I am very happy with. Good product for the price point and I like to buy local. FM

I've also had a good experience with Burris customer service, they're good to go! Just as good as any of the other well recognized brands out there. And they are pretty darn fast too! Very happy with my purchases/experiences with em'.

I had a pretty good customer service experience with Burris a few months ago, so when I was in Denver a month or so back, I stopped by for a little and got a factory tour.
I like their operation. It is set up intelligently and the people seem to know what they were doing.
When I asked questions, they did not try to feed me the usual marketing bullcrap you get from a lot of companies. I actually got answers to my questions. That was pretty refreshing.

ILya

Last edited:
Great to hear the feedback, i have 3 of their xtr ii scopes and love the company.

Another very positive experience here. A few months back I sent a Gen 1 XTR in for repair. I had it back in less than 2wks and they paid return freight... Damn good service.

t

I still got a bad taste in my mouth from there CS, Be glad i not like there CS 20 years back . Burris had only one way to go and that was up in customer service and up product quality .

softcock, A lot can happen in 20 years. I would bet that your dealings with them now would be good. I could not be happier.
I too remember the things from 20 years ago and can tell you that they are a lot different today.
Great people to deal with and fast service. FM

I thought their customer service sucked, and it wasn't 20 years ago... That's as far as I'll go with it... But the XTR II does track accurately..

Thanks for the positive feedback. It's always great when someone takes the time to point out something good.

Lord knows everyone has an opinion when something goes wrong. ICU just above me being a perfect example. He complains at every given opportunity about Burris going on about 2 years now. Even though we long since established that the issues he had on his first gen release XTR II have long since been rectified in the newer models ;)

Thanks for the positive feedback. It's always great when someone takes the time to point out something good.

Lord knows everyone has an opinion when something goes wrong. ICU just above me being a perfect example. He complains at every given opportunity about Burris going on about 2 years now. Even though we long since established that the issues he had on his first gen release XTR II have long since been rectified in the newer models ;)

Just carrying on the good fight!! :p

I am liking it a lot.
If you don't, you have not been there lately, things have changed. Go buy something else that is as good and you will be happy. FM