• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

I couldn't help myself...

But seriously, assuming the new XTR III is a 6-36, the G3 Razor's price feels out of place. With Burris and Bushnell's offerings, I'm surprised they launched it at such a high price point.
It's $500 over the original price of the Gen II and almost a decade later I'm not really sure where the disconnect is other than people thinking Vortex's high end products have some astronomical failure rate, and that as a company they shouldn't even look at the high end market, which is becoming a fad at this point it seems. I digress though.

The new XTR appears to be 5.5-30, less X-ring's video is of something else? Seems to be a further iteration of the XTRIII?

Reactions: Birddog6424
The new XTR appears to be 5.5-30, less X-ring's video is of something else? Seems to be a further iteration of the XTRIII?
Yes, that's fairly accurate. Its 5.5-30×56. Still made in Colorado using the same tube as the XTRIII, but it starts getting better from there.

The glass is upgraded, 3 reticle options, toollless zero, red or green illumination, quick swap turrets, low $2k MAP.

Yes, that's fairly accurate. Its 5.5-30×56. Still made in Colorado using the same tube as the XTRIII, but it starts getting better from there.

The glass is upgraded, 3 reticle options, toollless zero, red or green illumination, quick swap turrets, low $2k MAP.
Will there be a pro version of the 3.3-18?

I had high hopes for the XTR Pro, but this is really, really exciting as I wasn't expecting those turrets - they are really phenomenal. Upgraded glass, illumination, toolless turret and all for in the $2k range - brilliant! I can't wait to see one, would love to compare to my XTR III and my new G3, and my... way to go Burris!

Will there be a pro version of the 3.3-18?
Based on what I've heard so far, I dont think so. The 18x illuminated XTR3 is still in production for that magnification range.

If this line up is expanded I would expect it to go higher magnification, not lower.

Funds in hand 😩😩😩

Attachments

• 024BFC5A-4BDD-4442-A434-C42370C8FA28.png
    024BFC5A-4BDD-4442-A434-C42370C8FA28.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: Birddog6424
Based on what I've heard so far, I dont think so. The 18x illuminated XTR3 is still in production for that magnification range.

If this line up is expanded I would expect it to go higher magnification, not lower.
So there's now an illuminated 18x version, but not a pro version?

So there's now an illuminated 18x version, but not a pro version?
Yes, the XTR3 is still in production in illuminated versions.

The folks in Greeley are telling us MAP pricing is actually going lower than what it was on the Comp version on those optics.

Interesting that he said the price will be around $2k and he has the Tremor 5. I guess we will see how much price difference that makes in about an hour. I am super excited about this scope, all the features, and the reports of glass quality.

The folks in Greeley are telling us MAP pricing is actually going lower than what it was on the Comp version on those optics.
Maybe I've missed it, but can you say what the reticle line thickness is in the illuminated 18x version?

Hoping for 0.045 mil(ish).

Maybe I've missed it, but can you say what the reticle line thickness is in the illuminated 18x version?

Hoping for 0.045 mil(ish).
I don't know for sure. The folks I talked to don't work in those figures. They were talking microns adjustment in the laser etching.

I can only give you my impression that a really thick reticle of that nature is unlikely. Burris thinks along the lines of their Tactical/Competitive line up as being seperate from their Hunting lines. They are more concerned with the reticle being optimized and not too thick at higher magnification. Not increased visibility at lower magnification. Its on their radar that they want to strike the best possible balance, but I think the lower end is the lesser of their focus on these optics.

I can see them hitting the .035 thickness of the SCR, but a thick reticle just isn't a priority. I know the illuminated reticle should be thicker and have a material to take the illumination, making it darker. But what that measures out to be I don't know.

So what it actually looks like, I dont know. They said they would send me one when they were ready to start selling them, so until I lay eyes on it, I dont know how significant the change.

Reactions: Secant
Music to my ears, been waiting a long time for this (too long).
This is surprising, especially considering most other manufacturers have all had to raise their prices past couple years due to, well, the cost of everything on the rise. If I buy the new Burris I can buy a few extra loaves of bread to feed the family - this should be a new marketing slogan :LOL:

enough with the bullshit. for the love of christ someone take my $4300 and send me two of these mother fuckers right fucking now

Reactions: D_TROS
Live is over. Time to spill the beans on it guys.
Is it safe to say the optical formula stayed the same as the XTR III except for the glass upgrade? If that is the case then I'd expect specs to be very close to the XTR III 5.5-30.

I get how frustrating that must have been.. The only scope I ever broke in competition was a MK8 CQBSS 1-8. Came in a little fast on a dump box in a 3 gun match and it busted the pinch to move locking turrets. I had to hold under the rest of the day and swap it out for day 2.

I heard the same thing. I think that's solid info.

Other scopes are going up in price, the XTR3 is coming down.

The SCR is a good hunting reticle. I've used it for 8 years now on hunting rifles.

Its .035 mils thick.
I personally prefer reticles that air on the thin side pretty much universally.

Any confirmation on when which batches are shipping? HebrewHammer said Pro not until late March but regular illuminated 3's now - confirmed?

XTR Pro is optically better than XTR III. Side by side, the difference was noticeable.

Mind you, I have only seen the prototype, so take that for what it is

The red color does not do anything for me, but I am sure I will be able to paint that over with something.

ILya
Any comparison to the Razor G3?

The anodized red reminds me of cheap Chinese AR parts for the budget gucci AR builder. Why oh why.

I'll still buy one lol.
Quality companies were doing it first though. Warne Skel mounts, Odin Works, Seekins Precision, and JP Rifles rolled out some of the first cool color anodized AR parts.

The cheap Chinese crap followed later for the people who didn't want to pay quality component pricing.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Take the color arguments back to the Nightforce, I mean, Vortex thread. It bothers me that I'm starting to see the lines of pretension in the gun community :ROFLMAO:

XTR Pro is optically better than XTR III. Side by side, the difference was noticeable.

Mind you, I have only seen the prototype, so take that for what it is

The red color does not do anything for me, but I am sure I will be able to paint that over with something.

ILya
Ilya is a much better judge than me, and I'm excited to hear his thoughts after he reviews a production model.. but I can also definitely see the difference in my production model XTR PRO versus my XTR3.

This past Saturday the sun came out and mirage was REALLY thick. A freshly painted IPSC steel plate at 920 yards at my range had two bullet splashes on it. Comparing my Pro versus my XTR3, the Pro had much better clarity. It did an amazing job of cutting the mirage and allowing me to get a surprisingly clearly defined look at the pattern and definition of the bullet splashes.

I have to confess, it put a pretty big smile on my face to see the improvement in glass so clearly.

Is there a glass quality change between the old XTR3 and the new XTR3i?
We are keeping all the same components and sourcing the same glass. We added illumination, and amazingly enough, are dropping the price.

Edit; I should add, thats all I know at this point. There may be more to it that I havent heard yet.

Reactions: rothgyr